Appetite suppressant without caffeine?

Dregosas

Awards
Is there an appetite suppressant that doesn't use caffeine? I've seen people suggesting Kratom, Modafinil, Sibutramine.

Would Ephedrine by itself would work? Or Yohimbine with Rauwolscine?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure of the reasoning of eliminating caffeine with the intent of using another stimulant so I would suggest a non stimulant option like Reduce XT in the way that it may help with cortisol.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
PES Shift amazing non stim with huge appetite suppressing abilities, love it.

Dregosas

Awards
Ideally an appettite suppressant without stims, BUT, I don't mind having stims as long as it doesn't have caffeine.

I know it's weird guys, but bear it with me, I don't handle caffeine well and I want to cycle it off.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
More water, more vegetables, if you want to supplement add extra Fibre to your diet, and you could consider switching to more omega-3/6 fat sources (eg. Add fish oil)

Stimulants are the best appetite suppressants, just the way it goes. A shift of activity away from smooth muscle takes your attention off your stomach/GI system, and of course raised blood sugars (most stimulants) helps with energy balance while cutting.

EC is a real winner, but don't bother with Ephedrine alone, caffeine potentiates it to start working its magic

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shift is an OK appetite suppressant, but I don't know why they pitch it as "non-stimulant" when it has a decent dose of synephrine ....

Epitome is a decent non-stim appetite suppressant. Nothing else non-stim even registers with me as being an appetite suppressant. EC and Y are the best ingredients from the stim oerspective.

Only other item worth noting, which I would love a source for, is oleoylethanolamide (OEA). If you find any of that, let me know.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shift is an OK appetite suppressant, but I don't know why they pitch it as "non-stimulant" when it has a decent dose of synephrine ....

Epitome is a decent non-stim appetite suppressant. Nothing else non-stim even registers with me as being an appetite suppressant. EC and Y are the best ingredients from the stim oerspective.

Only other item worth noting, which I would love a source for, is oleoylethanolamide (OEA). If you find any of that, let me know.
Shift wasn't marketed as stim free, it's marketed as caffeine free

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Have had no appetite on DCP/ brite stack. Which is amazing as I'm ravenous even on ec, yc, HydroxyElite, etc....

enraged_chris

Awards
What's your reasoning for avoiding caffeine and not other stimulants? If you're not avoiding other stimulants I find 2amino to crush my appetite, even solo, compared to dmaa or ephedrine. Not as strong of a stim effect though.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shift by itself had a mild appetite suppressing effect on me; obviously the effects were much more pronounced with stims added in, potentiating the synephrine.

I'd say the best advice is to eat a lot of low-cal, high-fiber greens like Driven suggested. I can down a cup of broccoli in seconds and it will kill my appetite for a few hours.

I would add that taking 5-HTP with food is said to increase satiety, so you could potentially eat smaller portions and still feel full, effectively reducing overall appetite. I have not experimented with this myself, however.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would give Alpha-Y a shot. It works for some and doesn't give some of the ill effects that straight Yoimbine can give to some. TA2-Max would fit that bill. It is solely an Alpha-Y product with black pepper extract to help absorption. You could combine that with any other appetite suppressor as well. Nutriverse has 20% off the Performax line currently.

Non supplement wise, go with fiberous veggies and lots of water.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shift wasn't marketed as stim free, it's marketed as caffeine free
Yeah exactly. We wanted it to be a fat burner that works fantastic on its own (the profile speaks for itself), but also possible to stack with other products; so no caffeine and yohimbine.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah exactly. We wanted it to be a fat burner that works fantastic on its own (the profile speaks for itself), but also possible to stack with other products; so no caffeine and yohimbine.
Yeah, I have just seen a lot of posts like the one above saying it ia stim free. It is definitely a decent fat burner ....and I apologize for being wrong in saying it was marketed as stim free. I've just seen a lot of posts saying that.

Also, synephrine is far from a powerful stim, so it is almost stim free...but not quite.

pbandy1

Awards
You may want to try decaf coffee.

Study: Coffee, hunger, and peptide YY. (2012)

Decaf and caf. coffee worked better as an appetite suppressant than caffeine alone. May have something to do between Peptide YY (appetite hormone) and an ingredient in the coffee bean.

enraged_chris

Awards
Yeah, I have just seen a lot of posts like the one above saying it ia stim free. It is definitely a decent fat burner ....and I apologize for being wrong in saying it was marketed as stim free. I've just seen a lot of posts saying that.

Also, synephrine is far from a powerful stim, so it is almost stim free...but not quite.
Synephrine is definitely not that weak of a stimulant. Even a low dose has noticeable bp effects in myself and other people I know.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Synephrine is definitely not that weak of a stimulant. Even a low dose has noticeable bp effects in myself and other people I know.
Lol, I'm sucking in this thread. Yes, I'm not saying it doesn't have stimulant effects - which is why I pointed out the synephrine to begin with - but as stimulants, it is mild. Not as mild as maybe caffeine, but it's certainly not DMAA, Ephedrine or Yohimbine.

enraged_chris

Awards
Lol, I'm sucking in this thread. Yes, I'm not saying it doesn't have stimulant effects - which is why I pointed out the synephrine to begin with - but as stimulants, it is mild. Not as mild as maybe caffeine, but it's certainly not DMAA, Ephedrine or Yohimbine.
Stims all have a very individual response. Synephrine hits me in more of a negative way than any of those other stims listed. I think it really doesn't deserve a place in a low-stim/"stim free" product. Just makes no sense to me really. Of course I also have a strong response to it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stims all have a very individual response. Synephrine hits me in more of a negative way than any of those other stims listed. I think it really doesn't deserve a place in a low-stim/"stim free" product. Just makes no sense to me really. Of course I also have a strong response to it.
I get that - Yohimbine is something that other people absolutely love and I hate it. It really just sends me for a friggin loop. Alpha-Yohimbine is OK and I feel some negatives with that too, but it's tolerable. Regular yohimbine though - it's horrible. I will shake, get cold chills and hot flashes at the same time, feel like throwing up, and not be able to sleep for a day after I take a decent dose of it (more than a couple mg). But, others love it and don't get any of that.

And as Synapsin pointed out, it's not marketed as a stim-free product. I shouldn't have said it the way I did. It's stackable, but a lot of people on this board have made comments about it being stim free, to the point where I actually thought it was marketed that way so I wanted to clarify.

Some people can't handle caffeine even and I could literally take a gram of it straight up and then go to sleep for a couple hours. Everyone is different and your are 100% right - it's an individual response to a degree.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If a supplement is the next route you want to try, Shift is a great addition to a cut to help with appetite control,
Definitely worth it's cost, it's helped me through some tight spots cutting a few times now.

The built in Forskolin dose is the icing on the cake. Not only does it help appetite control but also maintaining lean mass. Losing more weight as fat is a huge win.

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=2004520

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Eating heavier protein meals will keep you more satiated as well.

Dregosas

Awards
Guys, I do have Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Yohimbine + Rauwolscine at my disposal. I also have Sibutramine and Modafinil, but I'm open to suggestions. I prefer not using caffeine, but it doesn't mean I won't take in stimulants (re-read the thread name :) "without caffeine", not "without stimulants"). But if it can be done without stims, all the better.

You may want to try decaf coffee.

Study: Coffee, hunger, and peptide YY. (2012)

Decaf and caf. coffee worked better as an appetite suppressant than caffeine alone. May have something to do between Peptide YY (appetite hormone) and an ingredient in the coffee bean.
Interesting. So you suggest decaff + caff coffee mixture as an appetite suppressant better than just caffeine?

Have had no appetite on DCP/ brite stack. Which is amazing as I'm ravenous even on ec, yc, HydroxyElite, etc....
Good to know. I can't get DCP in Europe though (need to order it inside the EU). What makes DCP and Brite work good together? Wouldn't one or the other work ok on its own? Sounds a bit expensive though.

enraged_chris

Awards
If you're good with stimulants still I notice 2 amino is the best stim for pure appetite suppression for me.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Guys, I do have Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Yohimbine + Rauwolscine at my disposal. I also have Sibutramine and Modafinil, but I'm open to suggestions. I prefer not using caffeine, but it doesn't mean I won't take in stimulants (re-read the thread name :) "without caffeine", not "without stimulants"). But if it can be done without stims, all the better.

Good to know. I can't get DCP in Europe though (need to order it inside the EU). What makes DCP and Brite work good together? Wouldn't one or the other work ok on its own? Sounds a bit expensive though.
If it were me, I'd go Ephedrine/Rauwalscine - really can't beat that for appetite suppression. Is there a reason you don't want to mix the caffeine with it?

DCP/Brite is an AWESOME combo. Brite is more of a long-term supplement in my eyes. DCP and Brite together are among the best fat burners I've ever used. DCP is a really good product if you want acute effects and are on a budget. The two products however, in my eyes, don't do much for my appetite.

pbandy1

Awards

Interesting. So you suggest decaff + caff coffee mixture as an appetite suppressant better than just caffeine?

If we are going on that 1 study, then yes. But personal experience is king. For me, 16 oz of coffee has a satiety effect on my stomach for a couple hours. With caffeine, the effect is negligible

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Depending on you macros is how you have to look at what you should do. If you have the calories eating more nutrient dense foods will satiate you with less. Also adding in some fat burners may add the body in reduced appetite.

Fat2Strong

Awards
Only product I have ever used that suppressed my appetite is Formula 56. All those other things dont work for me at all. I know you do not want caffeine but this works.

Outside of that i have not had a single ingredient on its own actually supress my appetite. Outside of original Ephedrine.