Appetite increase

diesel x

diesel x

Awards
  • First Up Vote
looking for something to help increase hunger its getting to that point in my bulk where im having to force feed...

drop some of yall recommendations below

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take a B vitamin with every meal! Helps speed the breakdown of carbs and proteins to be digested so you won't feel as full. This is a must for Thanksgiving dinners!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Personally for me I feel my hunger increases when i'm running an epicatechin product but maybe it's just me.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Quality probiotic and enzyme supplement to support a speedier digestion.

MK677

Or

GHRP6

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You shouldn’t necessarily look to a supplments. There are some very simple ways to get more calories in.Take a couple tablespoons of Coconut oil or olive oil. That’s easily 250 calories from two tablespoons etc.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you arent already, add some cardio to your daily regiment. That will spike the hunger and dont worry about burning away your gains, some LISS wont do any damage at all. I prefer 10 minutes walks after 2-4 meals a day myself. That way I also get the added benefit of better digestion of my meals.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Increase cardio
Increase sleep
Reduce water intake till after a meal

move never had a problem eating 6000+ calories a day but for some people it’s hard. There was a product called black hole that people loved that increased appetite

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mk-677 or the antihistamine cyproheptadine. Both increase grhelin. The later is prescribed most often for eating disorders. I'm currently running both as MK-677 wasn't strong enough on it's own.

Digestive enzymes will help process all that extra food as well. I use Biocore.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found some old bottles of anabeta, two different versions. Guess I never gave it a try lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I found some old bottles of anabeta, two different versions. Guess I never gave it a try lol
Lucky you! I loved the old version and was a great appetite increaser. I stacked it with x gels plenty of times.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There were two products I remeber out there engorge and black hole. CL made black hole.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mk-677 or the antihistamine cyproheptadine. Both increase grhelin. The later is prescribed most often for eating disorders. I'm currently running both as MK-677 wasn't strong enough on it's own.

Digestive enzymes will help process all that extra food as well. I use Biocore.
Any way to get cyproheptadine without a script?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any way to get cyproheptadine without a script?
Overseas pharmacy's carry it pretty cheap, and IdeaLabs has a liquid version, but I can't vouch for them.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
looking for something to help increase hunger its getting to that point in my bulk where im having to force feed...

How many calories are you eating? How many meals?
What are your primary sources of protein, carbs, and fat?
How much water are you drinking a day?
How much fiber are you eating?
Do you utilize intra-workout carbs? This could be an extra 200+ Calories

Reduce liquids around meals (and at meals) can help with lowering bloating and GI Distress (a good tip I got from John Meadows).

If you are eating up to 4000-6000 calories like @BloodManor suggested then taking some time off to let your digestion get back in check before pushing would be a good move.

Cookings food with MCT, EVOO, Coconut Oil = Easy calories and won't clog you up one bit
Move one of your meals to a pure liquid meal (Whey/Isolate, 2-3TBSP Nut butter, Milk, Honey, Banana's) Could rack up an easy 700-1000 calories in the blink of an eye
Do you digest eggs well? I would say eat 6 of them a day.

Matt Jansen is also a huge advocate of using pineapple, orange, pomegranate juice to help increase calories. He did a Q&A a few weeks back on what he does to people who have large intakes and mostly adding extra rice, fruits, and fruit juice to keep calories high assuming fiber is met.

Replace things like oatmeal with cream of rice, or cream of wheat. A lot less GI Distress and will settle easier. Just throwing some ideas out there, but hard to know without knowing the specifics. I don't think a pill or powder is going to do the trick out of the gate. Modifying the sources you eat will be the golden ticket to getting appetite and hunger high.

Do you find any meals bloating you? If you do what sources are you eating, what happens if you eliminate them and replace them with something else? You may find a source or two not digesting well that could be eliminated to help keep your digestion flowing and hunger high.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Reduce liquids around meals (and at meals) can help with lowering bloating and GI Distress (a good tip I got from John Meadows).

If you are eating up to 4000-6000 calories like @BloodManor suggested then taking some time off to let your digestion get back in check before pushing would be a good move.

Cookings food with MCT, EVOO, Coconut Oil = Easy calories and won't clog you up one bit
Move one of your meals to a pure liquid meal (Whey/Isolate, 2-3TBSP Nut butter, Milk, Honey, Banana's) Could rack up an easy 700-1000 calories in the blink of an eye

Matt Jansen is also a huge advocate of using pineapple, orange, pomegranate juice to help increase calories. He did a Q&A a few weeks back on what he does to people who have large intakes and mostly adding extra rice, fruits, and fruit juice to keep calories high assuming fiber is met.

Replace things like oatmeal with cream of rice, or cream of wheat. A lot less GI Distress and will settle easier. Just throwing some ideas out there, but hard to know without knowing the specifics. I don't think a pill or powder is going to do the trick out of the gate. Modifying the sources you eat will be the golden ticket to getting appetite and hunger high.

Do you find any meals bloating you? If you do what sources are you eating, what happens if you eliminate them and replace them with something else? You may find a source or two not digesting well that could be eliminated to help keep your digestion flowing and hunger high.
Never thought about drinking those juices for the extra calories. Everyone always just says milk or oils, but those sound great and has tons of micros too.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never thought about drinking those juices for the extra calories. Everyone always just says milk or oils, but those sound great and has tons of micros too.
Fruit juice though can be very much akin to drinking any other sugary drink and fruit juice being "healthy" is a bit of a misnomer. Yeah you keep some of the vitamins but you remove the fiber and some other vitamins and minerals due to not eating the "meat" of the fruit and skin. Something you have to take into consideration and moderation.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Fruit juice though can be very much akin to drinking any other sugary drink and fruit juice being "healthy" is a bit of a misnomer. Yeah you keep some of the vitamins but you remove the fiber and some other vitamins and minerals due to not eating the "meat" of the fruit and skin. Something you have to take into consideration and moderation.
Juice being healthier than sugary drinks like Gatorade or soda isn’t much of a myth. Independent of macro or micro comparisons, aforementioned sugary drinks can’t compare from a phytonutrient perspective

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Defiantly store bought juices have tons of sugar added too many times. I have a vitamixer and I just throw whole fruit in there with water and makes juices for my kids that way (and also apple sauce). And even fruit has tons of natural sugars in it so you really shouldn’t overdue it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Defiantly store bought juices have tons of sugar added too many times. I have a vitamixer and I just throw whole fruit in there with water and makes juices for my kids that way (and also apple sauce). And even fruit has tons of natural sugars in it so you really shouldn’t overdue it.
Pomegranate juice is also pretty beneficial for people who get UTI's. There are some minor health benefits to that over-drinking say a coca-cola or some sugar carbonated beverage, which won't really do much to helping you intake more calories. Carbonation can bloat people, so I would veer towards juices once you cover the caloric dense foods first and foremost. If the goal is to keep appetite high and hunger high you want to give your body the additional calories once the micronutrients, fiber, protein minimums are met.

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
True Shred for one reason or another had me feeling like a bottomless pit. Recomped nice too

diesel x

diesel x

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Quality probiotic and enzyme supplement to support a speedier digestion.

MK677

Or

GHRP6
probiotics have me on the toilet all day cant do it lol and i know mk677 increase hunger alot ill try it out in the future when i join the darkside

diesel x

diesel x

Awards
  • First Up Vote

im eating all clean food
havent had a cheat meal in 10 months so i think im just disgusted with the taste honestly
im using rice for all my carbs so digestion isnt a problem
gonna use whey as my protein source for last 2 meals that should help alot

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
im eating all clean food
havent had a cheat meal in 10 months so i think im just disgusted with the taste honestly
A lot of foods people deem "Dirty" or "not clean" actually have plenty of micronutrients. Plus varying your sources also plays a factor in digestion and gut microflora. Eating the same sources all the time can be counter-productive to gut health

the term "Clean" is subjective, there really isn't a true meaning to that
Alan Aragon wrote a good article on that

Let me ask you these again...

What are your primary sources of protein, and fat? Since you said you only eat rice for carbs.. You could easily open this up to bagels, muffins, banana's, pineapple, honey, liquids such as pineapple juice, pomegranate juice,
How much water are you drinking a day? Too much could be counterproductive to filling your stomach with extra volume, especially at meals where you want to minimize liquids. Fewer liquids with food at a meal = less volume in your stomach = less bloating or GI Distress.
How much fiber are you eating? Lower this could help you
Do you utilize intra-workout carbs? This could be an extra 200+ Calories --> Again easier calories.

Do you eat a lot of eggs?
Utilize Oils?

Why have you not had a cheat meal? A burger and fry won't hurt you in this situation, some pizza, etc...
hell one meal off the "Clean" plan you are one would be fine. There could be some easy fine-tuning and manipulation to your day to day play to easily increase calories, keep appetite up, and allow for you to make progress. It sounds (could be wrong) you stick to only a certain amount of foods that may burn you out from getting from A to B for your goal.

Last edited:
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Old school bodybuilders always recommended to me when I had a poor appetite and couldn't get enough calories in was liver tabs, specifically Beverly's Ultra 40 liver tabs, which come from grass fed Argentinian cows. Liver tabs are loaded with B12 and that was the theory about how they increased your appetite. But if you take 8-12 with every meal, it's like eating a side of beef liver, with all the aminos, vitamins, minerals, and plenty of other good stuff.

You don't hear about beef liver much these days, but in the hayday of bodybuilding in the 70s/80s, beef liver tabs were used by all the pros.

Now, you might not want to go this route, but the AAS Equipose/EQ (boldenone) MASSIVELY increases your appetite. It's well know as a great bulking drug for that reason. The current legal version of this is Hi Tech Equibolin, which converts to EQ in the body.

I also tried periactin back in the day and it works really well too. You should be able to find it from some online pharmacy or maybe one of the research chem or sponsored sites in the Anabolics forum has some. It works great for appetite too.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
im eating all clean food
No offense, but why?

It can be hard to eat lots of calories for a long time regardless of what you eat so you'd be better served loosening up a little. Everyone else already covered great options, but just toss some more "complimentary" things into some meals to increase calories and make it easier to eat (sauces, oils, etc.). If you are trying to gain you shouldn't worry about a little bit of "unclean" food.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For me, a good GDA type product (ex. SNS Glycophase) helps my meals digest faster and me to feel less full during and after them. Also, going for a short walk after meals helps speed digestion

shannongeikie

shannongeikie

Awards

Ghrp 6 works great
Progenadrex available at bodybuildingsupplements.com
Exogenous insulin is the best I use 5 IU twice per day

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ghrp 6 works great
Progenadrex available at bodybuildingsupplements.com
Exogenous insulin is the best I use 5 IU twice per day
I probably wouldn't recommend insulin to a beginner. It's a very complex protocol to follow and potentially very dangerous.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I probably wouldn't recommend insulin to a beginner. It's a very complex protocol to follow and potentially very dangerous.
Agreed. He has also stated he isn't ready for anabolics yet and I would lump this into that general area... not often you see guys jump from supps to slin without dipping into the aas area first ha

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take a B vitamin with every meal! Helps speed the breakdown of carbs and proteins to be digested so you won't feel as full. This is a must for Thanksgiving dinners!
Yep, I am trying this always.