Apigenin - Natural anabolic

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The flavonoid apigenin is found in parsley, celery, chamomile and citrus fruits. Apigenin has an anabolic effect, discovered researchers at the Korea Food Research Institute.

Just read on Ergo-log.

It seems available online in bulk powder, and extract forms and fairly cheap.

I wonder if anyone had tried it?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will follow to see who has tried this. Nice find..

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will follow to see who has tried this. Nice find..
Apparently human dose is 40-50mg.

Swansons sell it, but it's available in bulk everywhere.

I'm not sure there is an issue dosing 500-1000mg a day. It doesn't seem expensive.

It can't hurt right, I didn't look at its other benefits.

taylor8461

taylor8461

Awards
Read some long winded study summary
Tons of sites claiming it helps prevent cancer.
Caught one study claiming it boosts skeletal muscle.
I'm a big believer in plant based muscle builders but theres always a catch, usually it's low bioavailability, I may order a bottle from swansons tomorrow though it's cheap af worth trying anything once at that price

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
Dried parsley has 45mg/g Apigenin. Seems to be liver toxic at 100mg/kg in rats, so maybe no megadosing.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Blue Gene has apigenin. I've used many bottles, nice stuff.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 95kg, thus 1g is fine.

Ok, maybe I'll trail 250-500mg
I don’t know. Personally, 1/4-1/2 of a toxic dose in rats seems sort of high. A safety factor of 10 is pretty common, which would mean keeping it under around 150mg for someone your weight.

Of course, I haven’t actually read the study that was mentioned, or many other studies on this ingredient, so I’m only going on what’s been said ITT.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have used apigenin in doses of 500-750 mg/day. No sides at those doses.

I've made a lot of observations on it. I normally have cold hands, and while on it my gf commented that my hands were warm many times.

I had some nagging shoulder issues for about 6+ months and I tried everything. Apigenin at 500 mg had a comparable pain killing effect to 1800 mg of iburprofen and long term (1-2 months) at this dose completely eliminated my shoulder issues. Not sure that is proof that it even helped my shoulder, but it was an observation.

It's hard to say if 500 or 750 mg/day were any different.

I wouldn't recommend anyone follow that dosing for more than 8 weeks continuously. 50-200 mg seems much more reasonable for long-term use.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, and I didn't notice any real anabolic effects or apparent hormonal sides. There is some evidence Apigenin is an AI and may increase test - but there is also some evidence it will have a negative impact on MPS.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have used apigenin in doses of 500-750 mg/day. No sides at those doses.

I've made a lot of observations on it. I normally have cold hands, and while on it my gf commented that my hands were warm many times.

I had some nagging shoulder issues for about 6+ months and I tried everything. Apigenin at 500 mg had a comparable pain killing effect to 1800 mg of iburprofen and long term (1-2 months) at this dose completely eliminated my shoulder issues. Not sure that is proof that it even helped my shoulder, but it was an observation.

It's hard to say if 500 or 750 mg/day were any different.

I wouldn't recommend anyone follow that dosing for more than 8 weeks continuously. 50-200 mg seems much more reasonable for long-term use.
What product you use?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What product you use?
Swanson - it's the decently reliable source I found that was easy to get - $15 for 90 caps (50mg each) on Amazon. I was banging through a bottle in about 10 days, but it was interesting to play with. Again, 4 caps a day may be more reasonable.

I also have some parsley extract but never really got around to playing with that to compare.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hers'a another interesting one. I often come across studies like this and then realize just how far ahead of the curve dsade is with some of his Evomuse products. Sorry for the plug, but it warrants saying.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29162103

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any updates on this, you been using?
Honestly, no - I wish I could afford to run it year round though. It seems to be a potent anti-inflammatory compound at the very least. I've recently increased my protein intake quite dramatically and for the first time ever (beyond having acute injuries) I am experiencing joint pain. I should probably hop back on it.

Did you ever try it?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What was your dosage? Benefits from supplementing with Apigenin? Share with us, please.
Missed this. I can't attribute blue gene effects to one ingredient, due to the formula composition, but joint always felt better in bg, and some effects seem consistent with lowering cortisol, which I figured had to do with the cissus, but maybe the apigenin played a part.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to be huge into eating parsley, I put it on anything I cooked and probably to much of it. But while I was on it, my breath never stank lol. Thinking about doing it again. A Tblspn a day. 45 Mg of apigenin per gram doesn’t seem bad. I stopped when I realized my eggs tasted better without parsley.