APEX-ALCHEMY URSA MAJOR REVIEW

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've run over 20 bottles of Ursa Major over the past 8-9 months so I thought I would do my best to give a little review of this amazing product!

Effectiveness: 10/10- I've been intrigued with Ursolic Acid products for quite some time. I used to run E-pharms Pump Spray back in the day and it was my favorite product of all time. This is right up there with it. Especially when you add Triton with it. (TAA). I have run 2-3 ml/day and recently ran 4ml/day. The first thing you'll notice right away is increased vascularity. My veins pop big time on this stuff. I was eating a normal diet (for me) and not on any kind of hard cut/diet while running this. The only thing I improved upon in my diet was absolutely zero sugar and no fried foods.(very hard to do working offshore). I pretty much eat low carb/high protein but I'm not one to count calories and go by feel. It took a little while but the weird thing is one day around the 3rd week I looked in the mirror and could visibly notice I was considerably leaner around the midsection and chest. My upper abs were starting to show a bit and my love handles were smaller as well. Another week later this was confirmed as I've always worn 34L x 34 waist jeans. (I'm 6'1 and usually around 225) My jeans were loose as heck! When I stepped on the scale before getting on the helicopter I was down to 216. I know some of it was muscle as nagging shoulder/elbow problems have led me to light weight/higher rep type workouts. But I've never looked leaner and the next day when I arrived home and stripped my clothes off.....the wifey was very impressed and instantly noticed without me telling her. So take that for what you will. Ursa works!

Price: 9 out of 10. If you wait until the BOGO offers (which Apex has very frequently) there really isn't a question of how affordable this is. Realistically you can run this for $30-35/month.

Ease of use: 8.5 out of 10
(old dropper) 10/10 for new gel. The old dropper bottles would gel up and you would have to run under hot water to get liquid again so you could use the dropper. A minor inconvenience that has been taken care of with the new gel. The new gel smells good and is fast drying with a pump that works well. After 5 minutes it dries up without leaving any residue on clothing so that's a plus.

I hope this helps anyone on the fence about this product. I'll be running it almost nonstop for it's other health benefits as well. When I get home I'll post a couple of before and after pictures.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wow! Thank you for the review! If you wouldn't mind posting 1 or 2 sentences of this on the Ursa Major product page that would be awesoooome!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice review! Do you run lotion between applications or anything? Just wondering if you notice any skin issues.

Have been interested in this and flashpoint.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice review! Do you run lotion between applications or anything? Just wondering if you notice any skin issues.

we have had a couple users with skin issues that got some dryness. Most users will actually benefit from the carrier. it also protects the skin to keep the ingredients where they are intended to go. I use a lot of APEX and have never gotten any dryness or otherwise. in fact helios has replaced a prescription for dermatitis for me.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
we have had a couple users with skin issues that got some dryness. Most users will actually benefit from the carrier. it also protects the skin to keep the ingredients where they are intended to go. I use a lot of APEX and have never gotten any dryness or otherwise. in fact helios has replaced a prescription for dermatitis for me.
Awesome to hear! Appreciate the fast response!!

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
@Tunaking14 ... where have you been applying it specifically? How many ML's per area? Thanks.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Maybe a slight dryness on the inside of my elbows- no irritation or rash at all. I only use lotion when I notice the slight dryness which isn't often. I've never had issues on any of my other application spots- collorbone/traps/back side of knees/tops of feet/abs/love handles-

I believe the essential oils actually help with the skin but I'm not sure. I've had some slight rash issues with other transdermals but nothing with these. (Ursa/Flashpoint/Hyperion/Epichaos/Helios/Triton)

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Tunaking14 ... where have you been applying it specifically? How many ML's per area? Thanks.
I usually hit my collarbone and chest with .75 ml (left and right side) for 1.5 ml- then .75 ml on each side of my upper abs and love handle areas for 3 ml total- then .5 ml on the back side of each knee for 4ml total. Numbers are slightly higher when I use the gel- 4 squirts on each side of collarbone/chest for 1.6 ml and same on upper abs/love handles then if I'm running more 2 or 3 squirts behind each knee (1 pump/squirt equals .2 ml)

I had over 30 bottles of the "old style" dropper bottles so I was trying to use those up. The new gels dry much faster.

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@Tunaking14 - what do you feel the Triton adds on top of Ursa Major?

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Tunaking14 - what do you feel the Triton adds on top of Ursa Major?
I like the endurance it gives me when I use it pre-workout but it just seems to make me more vascular than Ursa alone.

GButlero

Awards
Forgive me if this is super late and random, but what does 1 pump of Ursa Major = in mL (roughly)? Same question with Triton?

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Maybe a slight dryness on the inside of my elbows- no irritation or rash at all. I only use lotion when I notice the slight dryness which isn't often. I've never had issues on any of my other application spots- collorbone/traps/back side of knees/tops of feet/abs/love handles-

I believe the essential oils actually help with the skin but I'm not sure. I've had some slight rash issues with other transdermals but nothing with these. (Ursa/Flashpoint/Hyperion/Epichaos/Helios/Triton)
Is it common to apply to abs/love handles? I just thought I was to be applied to arms/shoulders/traps/chest

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is it common to apply to abs/love handles? I just thought I was to be applied to arms/shoulders/traps/chest
I apply it to my love handles and apply Flashpoint to my lower abs once when I wake up and again after my PM shower so my pores are opened more.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We believe that this will effect you systemically however, It makes sense that you may be putting more UA into that area, at least for a little while. go for it, but remember the biggest bang for your buck will come from putting it onto thin skin areas. after a couple yrs using APEX daily, I dont get too worked up about where I apply. just get it on and keep it on~

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does sweat cause it to come off if you workout early in the AM? @xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i would recommend waiting a min of an hour before a hard sweat /steamy shower. probably prefer 2 hrs if its me.

maybe apply at night if its too early in the am before the gym.