Apex Alchemy Ursa Major Mini Log

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Long story made kinda short: Used to be very active in the gym, and used to spend a lot of time on here/other forums when i was repping for iForce, but after a string of family medical issues, personal medical issues, a fun psoriatic arthritis diagnosis, and then the 'Rona and lockdowns, I was very much out of the swing of things. Got sick of being way out of shape, so been back in the gym the past few months trying to get back to my old ways.

As I started looking into whats new in the supplement world after all my time away, I stumbled across Apex Alchemy, took advantage of their BOGO sale and snagged some Ursa Major to start throwing into the mix. I wasn't planning on doing any sort of log or anything when I ordered it and started using it, but ~2 weeks in and I'm impressed enough that I figured what the hell, may as well get back on here. I don't plan on posting full workout logs or anything like that, but I'll try and keep things updated a couple days a week.

Training currently looks like:
Monday - Pull Day / Tuesday - Push Day / Wednesday - Legs / Thursday - Pull Day / Friday - Push Day
Cardio consists of ~3-5 miles of doggo walking a day. Got a 2 year old GSD who is impossible to tire out =p

Diet: High protein, semi-high fat, moderate carb... I'm usually give or take about ~250-500cals under maintenance. Maybe some days right at it. Not necessarily trying to go for a super hard cut as of now.

Supplements other than Ursa: Orange Triad, fish oil, cordyceps and turkey tail mushrooms, probiotics, KSM-66, and currently using InnovaPharm NovaPump Neuro pre.

Initial thoughts on Ursa:
1st and foremost, I'm shocked at how well this stuff absorbs. I can remember using some topicals back in the day and they'd seemingly take forever to dry, but this stuff seems to be more or less 'dry to the touch' after like 5 minutes. During that 5 minute span, and for a tiny little bit afterwords, I smell like a candy cane. After that, I don't really think it leaves much of a scent on the skin, and no scent when I start sweating in the gym.

And speaking of sweating, that was the next thing I noticed. First day I started using Ursa was a leg day, starting with putting on 1mL about an hour and a half or so before hitting the gym. During that workout, I felt like i was noticeably hotter. Figured it could have been a little bit of a fluke, maybe the gym was a little hotter that day.... but over the next couple days, that feeling of 'running hot' kept up. Not obnoxious or uncomfortable feeling, but kinda like that feeling where you're right on the brink of breaking out sweating just sitting at your desk.

Next thing that became apparent: after about a week or so, vascularity was starting to show. Forearms starting to pop in multiple spots, and theres even a bicep vein threatening to reveal itself for the first time in a long, long time. Now coming up on the end of week 2, my calves are starting to pop a bit, and theres even some veins starting to reveal themselves in my quads. Honestly pretty shocked about that.

My weight has hovered right around ~210 through these 2 weeks, and while the # isn't going down, I'd say theres definitely fat loss happening. Got 120mL's, running it at 2mL a day, so I'll have enough for another 6 weeks. Really looking forward to it after how awesome these first 2 weeks have felt. Seeing as I wasn't planning on doing this mini log when I got the products, I don't have any true 'before' pics to use, but I'll see if I can figure something out to potentially have some of those to post along the way.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! In on this for sure!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you can afford to bump it up to 3-4 ml/day then do it......You'll be very pleasantly surprised!!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can foresee myself being a very frequent shopper during the BOGO sales lol
well well... look who the cat dragged in!! sup lil buddy!?

Odly enough, after iForce I eventually landed as a rep for.... you guessed it, APEX. these are second to none topicals. be sure and enjoy them all~~

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
well well... look who the cat dragged in!! sup lil buddy!?

Odly enough, after iForce I eventually landed as a rep for.... you guessed it, APEX. these are second to none topicals. be sure and enjoy them all~~
ohaiiiiii

It's a shame I only got to be your 'boss' for all of a couple months =p And kinda sad to see that it's kind of a lifeless company at this point without Vaughn doing all the hard work behind the scenes. I'm gonna have to buy a tub of Hemavol and some Red Velvet Cake protein at some point though, just for the nostalgia. All the guinea pig flavor test runs that went into those......

Already got 120mL of Flashpoint sitting on a shelf, and theres a high likelyhood Helios will be added to the collection for some experimentation with the arthritis pain.... and bonus points for Apex being a CT company, I get to say I support local businesses =D

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Long story made kinda short: Used to be very active in the gym, and used to spend a lot of time on here/other forums when i was repping for iForce, but after a string of family medical issues, personal medical issues, a fun psoriatic arthritis diagnosis, and then the 'Rona and lockdowns, I was very much out of the swing of things. Got sick of being way out of shape, so been back in the gym the past few months trying to get back to my old ways.

As I started looking into whats new in the supplement world after all my time away, I stumbled across Apex Alchemy, took advantage of their BOGO sale and snagged some Ursa Major to start throwing into the mix. I wasn't planning on doing any sort of log or anything when I ordered it and started using it, but ~2 weeks in and I'm impressed enough that I figured what the hell, may as well get back on here. I don't plan on posting full workout logs or anything like that, but I'll try and keep things updated a couple days a week.

Training currently looks like:
Monday - Pull Day / Tuesday - Push Day / Wednesday - Legs / Thursday - Pull Day / Friday - Push Day
Cardio consists of ~3-5 miles of doggo walking a day. Got a 2 year old GSD who is impossible to tire out =p

Diet: High protein, semi-high fat, moderate carb... I'm usually give or take about ~250-500cals under maintenance. Maybe some days right at it. Not necessarily trying to go for a super hard cut as of now.

Supplements other than Ursa: Orange Triad, fish oil, cordyceps and turkey tail mushrooms, probiotics, KSM-66, and currently using InnovaPharm NovaPump Neuro pre.

Initial thoughts on Ursa:
1st and foremost, I'm shocked at how well this stuff absorbs. I can remember using some topicals back in the day and they'd seemingly take forever to dry, but this stuff seems to be more or less 'dry to the touch' after like 5 minutes. During that 5 minute span, and for a tiny little bit afterwords, I smell like a candy cane. After that, I don't really think it leaves much of a scent on the skin, and no scent when I start sweating in the gym.

And speaking of sweating, that was the next thing I noticed. First day I started using Ursa was a leg day, starting with putting on 1mL about an hour and a half or so before hitting the gym. During that workout, I felt like i was noticeably hotter. Figured it could have been a little bit of a fluke, maybe the gym was a little hotter that day.... but over the next couple days, that feeling of 'running hot' kept up. Not obnoxious or uncomfortable feeling, but kinda like that feeling where you're right on the brink of breaking out sweating just sitting at your desk.

Next thing that became apparent: after about a week or so, vascularity was starting to show. Forearms starting to pop in multiple spots, and theres even a bicep vein threatening to reveal itself for the first time in a long, long time. Now coming up on the end of week 2, my calves are starting to pop a bit, and theres even some veins starting to reveal themselves in my quads. Honestly pretty shocked about that.

My weight has hovered right around ~210 through these 2 weeks, and while the # isn't going down, I'd say theres definitely fat loss happening. Got 120mL's, running it at 2mL a day, so I'll have enough for another 6 weeks. Really looking forward to it after how awesome these first 2 weeks have felt. Seeing as I wasn't planning on doing this mini log when I got the products, I don't have any true 'before' pics to use, but I'll see if I can figure something out to potentially have some of those to post along the way.
Reading this makes my day.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like the BOGO deals happen frequently, I may snag a bottle or 2 to get started and get some more on the next sale.

anyone ever flown to another country with this or anything similar? Would go in a checked bag for me. Also, how quicks shipping from the website?

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
ohaiiiiii

It's a shame I only got to be your 'boss' for all of a couple months =p And kinda sad to see that it's kind of a lifeless company at this point without Vaughn doing all the hard work behind the scenes. I'm gonna have to buy a tub of Hemavol and some Red Velvet Cake protein at some point though, just for the nostalgia. All the guinea pig flavor test runs that went into those......

Already got 120mL of Flashpoint sitting on a shelf, and theres a high likelyhood Helios will be added to the collection for some experimentation with the arthritis pain.... and bonus points for Apex being a CT company, I get to say I support local businesses =D
If you have the Flashpoint then run it along with the Ursa......these 2 shine together. I saw much better results with stacking those 2! One ml of each in the A.M. and again in the P.M.!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you have the Flashpoint then run it along with the Ursa......these 2 shine together. I saw much better results with stacking those 2! One ml of each in the A.M. and again in the P.M.!
Might considering adding it in after another 2 weeks.... it'll be hard to keep looking at it sitting in my room here haha.

Sounds like the BOGO deals happen frequently, I may snag a bottle or 2 to get started and get some more on the next sale.

anyone ever flown to another country with this or anything similar? Would go in a checked bag for me. Also, how quicks shipping from the website?
They had a March Madness BOGO sale, then they had a 4/20 BOGO sale.... so it seems like that do run them fairly regularly.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quick 'update' with some stuff I forgot to mention:

I mentioned this stuff absorbs quick, but I didn't mention I've been applying 1 pump to each shoulder/trap area, 1 pump to the mid chest, and then 1 pump on the inside of each forearm. And I guess it's worth mentioning, I haven't had any sort of skin irritation or anything. I was curious if this would cause any irritation with my PsA, but so far nothing negative to report.

Also, when it comes to looking like I've started to lean out in areas, I'd say it's becoming noticeable in my extremities. Inner thighs/very top back of the arms now has some 'loose' skin. Lower gut area, while still looking like a gut, is starting to 'wrinkle up' with skin loosen as well.

And I know I mentioned I've felt like I'm running hotter in general, as I type this is a good example. It's 68 degrees outside, sitting at my desk next to the open window, and I'm feeling a bit clammy and right on the brink of sweating just sitting here.

With another bottle and a half left, I'm already sitting here eagerly awaiting the next BOGO sale so I can snag some more.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The shocking whiteness of my legs after a CT winter aside.....

Took a quick walk with the doggo, and that was enough to get to get the calves showing some vascularity. I feel like I gotta give most of the credit to the Ursa, because I wasn't really seeing this prior to starting it. Leg day tomorrow should be fun =D

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The shocking whiteness of my legs after a CT winter aside...
I thought this was a picture of the white moon outside ;) jk I think all of us are that white after a long winter season :LOL:

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
~75 degrees today, I guess we can consider that hot for CT this time of year..... was sweating my balls off in the gym today. Also feels like some endurance benefits are starting to kick in, found myself tossing in a few extra sets on some back work today. My slowpitch softball league starts up tonight, so that endurance boost will be greatly appreciated.

And the gym lighting really didn't do this picture any favors, but it's nice to see the vascularity. It'll be lovely when the bicep vein finally decides to fully come out and play.

EDIT: @xR1pp3Rx did you ever get any of the IFN straps/wraps? Gotta give these things credit, they've held up for quite a while lmfao

Attachments

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
gawt dayum.. i can see the veins too yo! this sh17 is Fire!!

glad you are getting the same kinds of benefits that everyone raves about.

Hell yes! I still have me a set of those, as well as a couple of shirts... Had one guy ask to buy the damn shirt of my back one time in the grocery store!! 😂

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
gawt dayum.. i can see the veins too yo! this sh17 is Fire!!

glad you are getting the same kinds of benefits that everyone raves about.

Hell yes! I still have me a set of those, as well as a couple of shirts... Had one guy ask to buy the damn shirt of my back one time in the grocery store!! 😂
Was it one of the 'Hardcore' fist tshirts, with the design that Vaughn had tattooed on his calf? Or just the normal logo ones? I destroyed my original fist shirt that Vaughn gave me out of his trunk at the gym the 1st time we met, I'd kill to have another one lol

EDIT: straight outta 2010 lmfao

Attachments

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
naw.. those were for the OGs only ~ ;)

Mine were the I train I eat I grow shirts.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i know that jug is covered in about 15yrs worth of kitchen splatter ~ 🤟😂(y)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quad vein has decided to come play. Really gotta give the credit to Ursa, because it's never shown itself in the past.

Really enjoying this stuff. Sad that the 1st 60mL bottle is getting close to empty, but happy to know theres another one sitting on the shelf waiting to go. Between likely ordering more with a Memorial Day sale, the bottles of Flashpoint I already have, and the Arimahex that will be on it's way..... I'll be rubbing myself with Apex stuff for the rest of the summer :p

Attachments

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Worth noting: I was sweating my balls off in the gym today. Gym had the AC going, so it wasn't the heat/humidity outside causing the extra sweating... gonna have to give the credit to Ursa.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Worth noting: I was sweating my balls off in the gym today. Gym had the AC going, so it wasn't the heat/humidity outside causing the extra sweating... gonna have to give the credit to Ursa.
Nice! If i get a hard workout in and I sweat versus no sweat, it always makes me feel way more accomplished if I get in a good sweat.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20220517_135746.jpeg

When you've never really been vascular but look in the locker room mirror and see that... it's kinda impressive.

I feel like a kick in endurance is really starting to show now as well. Through in some old shoulder torture tricks from my days lifting with Vaughn.... seated DB lat raises, do 3x10 with a weight that you're failing at the 10th rep, and then burn the **** out of your shoulders by dropping the weight, doing 12 reps, dropping the weight, doing 14 reps, dropping the weight doing 16 reps. Hurts so good.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I hopped on the scale.... I'm still sitting at ~210lbs, and while the # hasn't really moved, I've certainly still been leaning out, but I also feel like I've certainly added muscle in that time period. Shoulders starting to look a little rounder, upper chest feels much 'fuller'.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Wow iForce! Talk about a blast from the past. What happened to iForce and Vaughn?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow iForce! Talk about a blast from the past. What happened to iForce and Vaughn?
last i saw he was still reppin I Force but they were at that point bought out by hi-tech and so I am not sure after that.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
last i saw he was still reppin I Force but they were at that point bought out by hi-tech and so I am not sure after that.
Damn so iForce supplements are still a thing? I remember the good old days of Hemavol, good stuff.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi-Tech bought out iForce shortly before I left in ~2014/2015, and I'm not sure how much longer Vaughn stuck around but he's long gone from the company at this point. He's still kinda 'in the industry' but not in the same way he used to be.

As for iForce, they're still a thing, but it's kind of obvious they've been dead in the water since me and Vaughn left. We were basically the ones doing all the R&D/product testing, and it would look like they've had zero new products since our departures haha.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Hi-Tech bought out iForce shortly before I left in ~2014/2015, and I'm not sure how much longer Vaughn stuck around but he's long gone from the company at this point. He's still kinda 'in the industry' but not in the same way he used to be.

As for iForce, they're still a thing, but it's kind of obvious they've been dead in the water since me and Vaughn left. We were basically the ones doing all the R&D/product testing, and it would look like they've had zero new products since our departures haha.
Do you know what Vaughn is up to these days? I ask cause he was always a helpful guy when he was posting regularly. I hope he's doing good wherever he is.

Just with a basic Google search of iForce supplements it looks like there hasn't been anything new at all in years lol.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you know what Vaughn is up to these days? I ask cause he was always a helpful guy when he was posting regularly. I hope he's doing good wherever he is.

Just with a basic Google search of iForce supplements it looks like there hasn't been anything new at all in years lol.
Last I heard he's got himself a pretty solid job, and he's got quite the large family at this point. I'll have to log on FB and get in touch with him at some point. He'll get a kick out of me using old IFN gear lol

And yea... it seems pretty obvious Hi-Tech doesn't really care about the brand at all. Kinda sad from my perspective.... I know me and Vaughn had at least ~10 products that were either updates to stuff like Testabolan to completely new products basically waiting for approval.

At some point I'm gonna have to buy some Red Velvet Cake protein from them to make sure they haven't completely destroyed my legacy. That flavor was my idea and I gave final approval on it, I'll have to go on a rampage if they've messed it up haha

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Last I heard he's got himself a pretty solid job, and he's got quite the large family at this point. I'll have to log on FB and get in touch with him at some point. He'll get a kick out of me using old IFN gear lol

And yea... it seems pretty obvious Hi-Tech doesn't really care about the brand at all. Kinda sad from my perspective.... I know me and Vaughn had at least ~10 products that were either updates to stuff like Testabolan to completely new products basically waiting for approval.

At some point I'm gonna have to buy some Red Velvet Cake protein from them to make sure they haven't completely destroyed my legacy. That flavor was my idea and I gave final approval on it, I'll have to go on a rampage if they've messed it up haha
Well kudos to an amazing flavor man! I remember getting tubs of that stuff back in the day.

It sounds like he's doing well which is awesome to hear.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well kudos to an amazing flavor man! I remember getting tubs of that stuff back in the day.

It sounds like he's doing well which is awesome to hear.
The early stages of trying to figure out the cream cheese icing part of the flavor was quite the experience lmfao 😂

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
The early stages of trying to figure out the cream cheese icing part of the flavor was quite the experience lmfao 😂
I can only imagine the punishment your taste buds might of taken haha.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Endurance boost was quite noticeable during todays leg day. Had to hustle and get my workout done in an hour, but still felt pretty amazing. Got ~450lbs up for 6 reps on the front squat/hack squat machine, nice to finally have some of my leg strength coming back. I've also been using another old Vaughn torture technique with leg extensions.... throw on a weight you can just hit 10 reps with, do 3 sets. Then crank the weight up, and do 2 extremely slow/controlled reps, then immediately crank the weight way, way down and basically go until your legs go numb. If you can stand up off the seat, you didn't do it right :p

STILL sitting right around ~210lbs but I'm 100% convinced fat is still vanishing. It doesn't photograph well, but on my lovely lower gut, spots that were stretch marks are now stretch 'wrinkles' and the loose skin is noticeable. My upper back is also starting to look slightly leaner, on top of the arms/upper inner thighs that were already showing progress.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is that a German Shepard mix or full German Shepard?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pure bread long hair. Kind of a 'throwback' to old GSD's, she doesn't have a crazy long sloped back.
Nice! I like her look. I have a golden retriever fur baby!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice! I like her look. I have a golden retriever fur baby!
The family we got her from told us the day we picked her up "She's gonna be a real head turner".... they were right :p

Love retrievers though! Always big fluffly goofballs haha