Apex Alchemy Ursa Major Log *Sponsored*

tullius

Awards
there is not a damn thing to be ashamed of that body brother.. **** im still waiting for the gym to re-open. you make me look obese right meow. besides, that gives the URSA something to chisel away at.
Thanks Rip. It's hard when all these guys are shreddy mcSixpack and I'm over here just doing the natty strongman dadbod thing lol. I do think the results I am seeing from Ursa so far make it worthwhile on its own merit. I'm going to try to use the same spot in my gym with the same lighting to get a progress pic series to figure out if I am just imagining my recomp or if its happening. It's hard because I see myself every day so some of that gets lost

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
what kinda diet do you follow? are you just eating at maintenance?

tullius

Awards
what kinda diet do you follow? are you just eating at maintenance?
I have been half assing diet frankly. I was at 333lb in august from COVID lockdown depression eating really. At present I am trying to hit 2500-3000 calories daily. Usualy meals will look like this:

Intraworkout: Sizeon and peptopro

Breakfast: 4 whole eggs, 1 cup white rice (cooked measurement)

Lunch: two "Pure protien" bars from costco (far from ideal I know) and 3oz beef jerky

Dinner last night: ribeye steak, roast fingerling potatoes (with some parm and avocado oil), roast broccoli

Breakdown of day: Calories 2750ish 252g Carbs, 91g Fats, 203g Protein

I don't stray much from this but i cook for my wife and i our dinners so I cant always make her eat like a bodybuilder. I try tio follow 1/2 plate of meat, 1/4 plate starch, 1/4 plate veggies on dinners as a rough guide. My issue is I have no fucking clue what my maintenance calories are, I see smaller people eating more and I havent been tracking my diet well, I'll admit that freely

tullius

Awards
its an excuse as old as time but I have been slacking on meal prep because i have been on the 70 hour weeks program for the last several. Luckily since Q4 is just today starting it'll be calm for a bit. Going to try and refocus

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks Rip. It's hard when all these guys are shreddy mcSixpack and I'm over here just doing the natty strongman dadbod thing lol. I do think the results I am seeing from Ursa so far make it worthwhile on its own merit. I'm going to try to use the same spot in my gym with the same lighting to get a progress pic series to figure out if I am just imagining my recomp or if its happening. It's hard because I see myself every day so some of that gets lost
Fukk a six bro!!! Big thick guys like us throw them lil 6 packs around the room!!!
Keep grinding

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well since most of us up in this bish are looking a bit old skoo ... maint calories will be close to BW x 10

which looks like you are faily close to cutting calories.. if you're not struggling with hunger stick it out ~

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At your size I would think 2700-3000 is a little low.
I'm 220 and my maetinaince is 3350. I'm very active, around 70-80 hours week also. Just find your groove and get the right food choices and you will be straight.

I was 305 in 2015 and got down to 192. Took me three years. 200 is my sweet spot. I honestly don't even look at a scale to often now.

tullius

Awards
well since most of us up in this bish are looking a bit old skoo ... maint calories will be close to BW x 10

which looks like you are faily close to cutting calories.. if you're not struggling with hunger stick it out ~
Hunger isnt bad really, I stay busy and i have the zyn pouches of nicotine to kill it when it crops up. I feel i could be doing better though. I really need to cut out alcohol entirely as well, but I do so enjoy my friday evening old fashioned. I guess considering I am 20lb down from august and stronger on my lifts by comparison I shouldnt complain. I have a hard time with lifting and body comp right now because I cant help but make the unfair comparison of me on test and tren vs me on just what my body produces lol. Gotta get out of my own head

tullius

Awards
I'm 220 and my maetinaince is 3350. I'm very active, around 70-80 hours week also. Just find your groove and get the right food choices and you will be straight.

I was 305 in 2015 and got down to 192. Took me three years. 200 is my sweet spot. I honestly don't even look at a scale to often now.
I'd love to be 260, but I dont know that I have the gumption to cut that long and lose the muscle that would have to come off to get there. Maybe one day. To get to 200 there would have to be a stint in a somali prison camp or maybe an act of congress lol

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@tullius, Try Intermittent Fasting 2 to 3 times a week. 8/16 method.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You have a great base, to produce a great canvas (body). Keep it up. Slowly dropping fat, while retaining your muscle is the way to go, and you'll have a great physique.

tullius

Awards

I'd love to be 260, but I dont know that I have the gumption to cut that long and lose the muscle that would have to come off to get there. Maybe one day. To get to 200 there would have to be a stint in a somali prison camp or maybe an act of congress lol
@tullius, Try Intermittent Fasting 2 to 3 times a week. 8/16 method.
i have done that with some success in the past, but my 3:30 AM workouts make it less tenable these days

tullius

Awards
Thanks everyone for the compliments, advices and kind words! I appreciate it and I'm looking forward to developing my diet a bit more to see some changes in my physique. For my first log here on AM I really like the general culture here, I like that everyone seems to be pretty experienced and know their stuff

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it makes you feel better, I look just like you at only 252 & 5’10” lol.

Well, and no big bushy beard

I’m not happy with it either. Got a novice show Saturday and then it’s time to start walking it down from fatsville.

tullius

Awards
Todays work

Full cleans
135,225,275 all for 3, 315X1 -->top set posted on insta
Had to stop after one rep but it was a super strong rep. MY right knee felt very strange and weak so I decided discretion is the better part of valor and moved on

Log press with chains
90lb log, two sets of heavy chains per side, plus 25s. No clue as to weight, but it sure felt heavy. did 4 sets of 4 with just chains and then four sets of four with the 25s

chin ups
4 sets, 8 reps each. I do these as I am able, so 6 reps strict, 2 swinging on first set, and it gets worse from there lol

Cable chest fly
60lb per side, 4X12

Curls: Some for a few. Have progress pics and will post below

tullius

Awards
Body weight post workout before food this AM 309.6 so it’s trending the right way. These pics are two weeks or so from the last set

Attachments

tullius

Awards
Sorry guys missed two days of lifting because my knee has been a bitch, i beleive scar tissue is grinding off of my formerly damaged tendons. I am injecting it with 500MCG BPC157 twice daily for 5 days and then 250MCG twice daily for 20 additional days and hope to have it feel normal soon. Will post up my lifts from sunday monday and tuesday here

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry guys missed two days of lifting because my knee has been a bitch, i beleive scar tissue is grinding off of my formerly damaged tendons. I am injecting it with 500MCG BPC157 twice daily for 5 days and then 250MCG twice daily for 20 additional days and hope to have it feel normal soon. Will post up my lifts from sunday monday and tuesday here
Maybe we'll have you do a Helios log next... 🤔

tullius

Awards
I will say that, having now been at 3ml daily for the better part of three weeks or so now I have noticed the following:

Pumps - Really great pumps from this stuff. Haven't changed anything else in regard to nutrients or pump products so I can nail this one down to the Ursa. It just seems to make the pump easier to get and hang arounds longer

Muscle hardness - This may just be the pump talking from above. but this really seems to be increased lately. My flexed out picture in the post above shows this best. Things are just popping right now, and my diet has been lackluster and half assed. I expect this will improve just that much more as i dial in my diet for the last three bottles

Endurance - notable increases in endurance. been adding drop sets and really pushing things to failure, particularly on upper body stuff right now as I cant train lower body really currently.

tullius

Awards
Maybe we'll have you do a Helios log next... 🤔
Don't threaten me with a good time lol. I am curious, the improvements from the helios, is it something you run for a few months, improve the healing of problem areas, and then come off and are better for the healuing that took place once the anti-inflammatory works its magic and allows things to heal properly? or is that amisunderstanding of the product?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't threaten me with a good time lol. I am curious, the improvements from the helios, is it something you run for a few months, improve the healing of problem areas, and then come off and are better for the healuing that took place once the anti-inflammatory works its magic and allows things to heal properly? or is that amisunderstanding of the product?
How to make a concise post on this... 🤔

Let me start by saying yes; you could use the product that way.

Injuries, chronic pain and the best ways to approach those issues are a topic of some debate and there is value to the body's inflammatory response. So, there is a school of thought that would say use it for a while but not indefinitely. On the other hand, if there's a chronic issue another school of thought that would say chronic inflammation requires chronic use of an anti-inflammatory.

Long story short different people will probably end up using it differently and for different things.

tullius

Awards

Injuries, chronic pain and the best ways to approach those issues are a topic of some debate and there is value to the body's inflammatory response. So, there is a school of thought that would say use it for a while but not indefinitely. On the other hand, if there's a chronic issue another school of thought that would say chronic inflammation requires chronic use of an anti-inflammatory.

Long story short different people will probably end up using it differently and for different things.
I read you on this. It was a rather open ended question. A product cant be all things to all people.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, its the only thing I have changed in my diet and supplement routine lately. I have no idea if its supposed to do that, I havent read the reearch beyond "ursolic acid made rats less fat and more muscular" but I have definitely noticed higher body temp on a consistent basis the last three days
Honestly, I do not think you can find anything that increases metabolism to any significant degree without some increase in body heat, at least none that I know of. Some very extreme stimulants make me feel cold eventually if I go long enough fasting but as soon as I eat it is heat city. At least you know there is a positive effect of the product.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I like an "attack dose" upfront or a "loading dose" to get the pain under control. Once the situation is in hand then you can back down to a lower maintenance dose. If we were talking ibuprofen or baclofen or ketorolac it would be a different story but curc has so many benefits I like to keep it all the time.

OP we seem to store BF in all the same areas, keep up the good work!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like an "attack dose" upfront or a "loading dose" to get the pain under control. Once the situation is in hand then you can back down to a lower maintenance dose. If we were talking ibuprofen or baclofen or ketorolac it would be a different story but curc has so many benefits I like to keep it all the time.

OP we seem to store BF in all the same areas, keep up the good work!
Toradol, breakfast of NFL champions

Definitely not something you stay on at all, but that **** works.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that sh17 dont touch me .. at all. ibuprophen is better than stuff for me.

tullius

Awards
Sorry guys I am a few days behind here. Going to pick up from my work Saturday morning, and then from this monday and then today:

Saturday 10/10/2020:

Axle OHP Strict
120 4X8
160 2x8
180 2x8
210 2x8

Axle pendlay rows
210,260,280 all for 8 300 for 6 and grip have on 7th

flat bench
225 4 sets for 6 reps of 4-2-4 tempo work. Time under tension had me crying while using really light weight here but the pump was amazing

straight bar curl
70lb 4-2-4 tempo to failure
60lb 4-2-4 tempo to failure
50lb 4-2-4 tempo to failure

Monday:

Incline DB bench

75s,85s,95s,100s all for 10 (chest was still roasted from the prior tempo stuff

Machine pullovers

Stack to failure 4-2-4 tempo (absolutely brutal) 3 sets

Machine rows, 12/24 plates of stack 4-2-4 to failure 3 sets

Seated shoulder press machine
120lb on stack 4 sets to failure 4-2-4 tempo

Shoulder shockers
15s for the movements but I again did tempo work to really get a good pump and burn. Got an absolutely nasty shoulder pump off these

Tuesday:
Testing out things on my knee a bit. Still hurts but I have to see where things are

Deadlifts:
135,225,315 all for 5
405 8x3 Stayed light and focussed on making sure my knee was ok. Hoping to get back heavy soon with a healthy knee

leg lifts
5x10

Leg curl/leg extension

Super light weights, one leg at a time, did tempo work here just to get blood moving in the quad and hamstring

tullius

Awards
Today I just did squats to work on my knee a bit. Super light, super boring...

135 10 sets of 6
225 10 sets of 6

Knee feels more or less ok. The real show stopper here is that I am down another belt loop and my wife is commenting on the weight I have lost. I am still around 309/310 or so but apparently the recomp is real with Ursa

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thats amazing news .. and you havnt tried too hard on your diet correct? or have you lulz?

tullius

Awards
thats amazing news .. and you haven't tried too hard on your diet correct? or have you lulz?
I actually started adding lunches back into my meal plan, fearing that I was going too deep in deficit. I have been eating way below maintenance and actually have seen better effects with a bit more food. My diet has been far from dialed in thus far, so I can happily attribute these beneficent effects to the ursolic acid. It seems to be the real deal in that regard. I'll keep reporting back and dial my diet in better over the next few weeks and keep taking progress pictures

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually started adding lunches back into my meal plan, fearing that I was going too deep in deficit. I have been eating way below maintenance and actually have seen better effects with a bit more food. My diet has been far from dialed in thus far, so I can happily attribute these beneficent effects to the ursolic acid. It seems to be the real deal in that regard. I'll keep reporting back and dial my diet in better over the next few weeks and keep taking progress pictures
Another thing people forget is when they are dieting the tendency is to be less active and their NEAT can drop substantially if they don’t prioritize activity. Adding in a moderate lunch might even give you the energy to move a bit more.

tullius

Awards
well and lets just be real for a sec.. if it aint broke dont fix it.. meaning, the scale and mirror are working in the right direction. wait until you begin to stall before making too many adjustments
I dont want to change much, just more consistent so I can track things. Instead of using leftover rice in a varying amount each morning for my eggs and rice just measure it, that kind of thing. That way I can better quantify my macros and know what works and what might need changing

tullius

Awards
More tempo work because my knee is still cranky...

Bear squat
4 plates 4-2-4 tempo for 5 sets of 8-10 reps, wasn't really counting just went for a while until my knee started to squak

Hamstring Curl
90lb 4-2-4 tempo for 5 sets of 6-8

incline db bench
4-2-4 tempo reps to failure
70s, 80s, 90s, 90s, 90s

Shoulder shockers 4-2-4
15s for three sets