Apex Alchemy Ursa Major Log *Sponsored*

tullius

Awards
First thing's first, I want to extend a big thank you to Nostrum and Ripper for selecting me to get to log this product. I am excited to see where it all goes and what results I see/feel throughout the run. I'll start with a general description of my lifting background and my current stats and go from there.

My insta handle is @ocasionallykilted and I will post lifts there as I am able throughout the log as well.

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 315
BF: 24% (per my fitindex scale, for whatever thats worth)

Best lifts in recent memory/since the covid shutdown:
Bench 385X5
Squat 545X2
Deadlift 585X3
log clean/press 300X2
axle clean/press 280X4 (continental style clean I could press more, those were floor to shoulder cleans)

Best all time lifts:
Bench 500X1
Squat 655X3
Deadlift 725X1
log clean/press 360X1
axle clean/press 350X1 (continental clean)

Current supplement regime:
Juice daddy preworkout
gaspari sizeon with peptopro intra workout
20mg MK677 nightly
2ml AET 50 daily post workout
2ml Ursa Major daily post workout
7 tabs deisel test pro v4 daily
fish oil/joint support/etc
Aterall ER (MA Supps long acting stimulant) weekdays for work productivity

A little about me:

I have been lifting for 17 years of my life now, and other than the covid shutdown my longest stint without the gym was fall of my freshman year in college where I didn't lift for four months. I am a 4-6 days a week every week until I die kind of guy. I was an All-American Offensive lineman in college, and I was natty until 24. From 24 until 27 or so I experimented with basically anything I could find in the world of anabolics, doing runs with all manor of stuff. I came off to make my daughter, and have been natty for the last year and change in service to make another baby (fingers crossed it works out soon). I never cut natty, and I don't telish cutting at all but especially not while natty, but this is where we find ourselves. Based on everything I have read, the Ursa Major and the AET-50 should provide as good an environment for a natty cut as is possible.

My basic plan is to hit full body 5 days a week and restrict calories generally by eating very little during the day. I'll post up my meals and approximate macros, as well as my workouts as I do them. I'll be able to get some before photos in here later on today.

tullius

Awards
9/22/2020

Back Squats:
135,225,315,405,455 all for 6 reps beltless

cable chest fly (high to low)
60/arm 4 sets of 12

narrow grip lat pull down (chin up grip):
200 4x10

Arnold db press, seated:
60s 4x12

Tricep cable push down
14 stack plates (no idea on weight, about half the total stack)
4x12

Felt decent this AM, considering the fact that sunday I crushed my pinky finger with a 140lb dumbbell while reracking it. I tore a nickel sized chunk of skin off of it and it is tender but I think not broken. My workouts will be lighter for a week or two and involved less pulling movements and grip strength. Luckily the sponsored Ursa is in the mail so I am just using my own stuff right now and I can deal with my pinky while we wait. Assuming it sint broken, I'll be salting the new skin daily to harden it up so I can get back to work. I appreciate your patience in advance for the short healing period and reduced workload

tullius

Awards
The work today:

Snatch grip deadlifts
135, 225, 315, 405, 455, 455 all for 8 (top set posted on instagram)

Chest supported row
1 plate, 2 plate, 3 plate. 4 plate, 4.5 plate. 4.5 plate all for 10

Incline db bench
70s-100s 5lb jumps all for 14 reps, last set was only 12

shoulder shockers (this is front raise, side raise, clean and press with dumbbells, all while seated back to back to back)
6 sets @ 25lb dbs (3 reps per set, 10 each movement)

Curls: some for a few, I dont really track these.

Subjective feelings about the lift:

I was feeling pretty good this morning. I bumped my dosing to 3ml of Ursa Major yesterday (I am just starting my second bottle, so I am 15 days in at 2ml daily, now bumping to 3ml and will run that for at least two weeks before bumping dose again). A few things have become apparent to me:

- Mild thermogenic feeling during the day: I sweat easier and more right now than before starting ursa, and this is increased since bumping to 3ml

- increased definition in my upper body: my shoulders and traps appear to be popping more, though my weight is holding at 312.

- Endurance: I seem to be able to hop from movement to movement and set to set with lest rest and recovery time (my workouts are from 4:00AM to about 5:15 so I have to keep the pace up)

tullius

Awards
@Hyde @Renew1 @nostrum420
Also, I need to know if there are any hashtags I need to be spamming on my instagram posts to help promote this stuff. I am bad at social media, I just like to pick up heavy ****

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im sure we could come up with some #'s but lets not get too worried about that until your sure its working the magic you had hoped! hows the hand feel on those deads?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The work today:

Snatch grip deadlifts
135, 225, 315, 405, 455, 455 all for 8 (top set posted on instagram)

Chest supported row
1 plate, 2 plate, 3 plate. 4 plate, 4.5 plate. 4.5 plate all for 10

Incline db bench
70s-100s 5lb jumps all for 14 reps, last set was only 12

shoulder shockers (this is front raise, side raise, clean and press with dumbbells, all while seated back to back to back)
6 sets @ 25lb dbs (3 reps per set, 10 each movement)

Curls: some for a few, I dont really track these.

Subjective feelings about the lift:

I was feeling pretty good this morning. I bumped my dosing to 3ml of Ursa Major yesterday (I am just starting my second bottle, so I am 15 days in at 2ml daily, now bumping to 3ml and will run that for at least two weeks before bumping dose again). A few things have become apparent to me:

- Mild thermogenic feeling during the day: I sweat easier and more right now than before starting ursa, and this is increased since bumping to 3ml

- increased definition in my upper body: my shoulders and traps appear to be popping more, though my weight is holding at 312.

- Endurance: I seem to be able to hop from movement to movement and set to set with lest rest and recovery time (my workouts are from 4:00AM to about 5:15 so I have to keep the pace up)
Noice!

tullius

Awards
I cheated and used straps lol, but it was alright. Throbbed pretty good the whole workout but at the end of the day its just pain and not damage so I am sitting pretty

tullius

Awards
Bro if you were pulling snatchgrip without straps I think I’d crap myself
That is usually how I do it when I doidn't try my very best to destroy my pinky the sunday before lol. Grip strength is important!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is usually how I do it when I doidn't try my very best to destroy my pinky the sunday before lol. Grip strength is important!

I guess if you aren’t doing more specific grip training, sure. Strength is never a weakness, and all that jazz...

tullius

Awards
Todays work:

SSB Squats
155,245,335,425 for 6 515 for 3 (posted on instagram)
superset with:

Flat bench
135,225,315,365 for 20, 10 , 10, 5 and 405 for 2 (posted on instagram)

Axle bar Strict standing overhead press
160,210,210,210 for 10,8,8,6

Axle bar pendlay rows:
210,230,260,280 for 12,10,10,8

Ran out of time after that and had to get home. Felt really good in the gym today. Thermogenesis is still very apparent at 3ml of Ursa, I am sticky and sweaty all day and live in front of fans lol but I am feeling good.

tullius

Awards
do you feel like the 3 mls of ursa are primarily responsible for the sweats?
Yes, its the only thing I have changed in my diet and supplement routine lately. I have no idea if its supposed to do that, I havent read the reearch beyond "ursolic acid made rats less fat and more muscular" but I have definitely noticed higher body temp on a consistent basis the last three days

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes, its the only thing I have changed in my diet and supplement routine lately. I have no idea if its supposed to do that, I havent read the reearch beyond "ursolic acid made rats less fat and more muscular" but I have definitely noticed higher body temp on a consistent basis the last three days
I noticed it like clockwork applying 1.5ml. From that point on in the day, I run hotter, especially in the following hours.

Also, do you track your bodyweight or just kinda jump on the scale whenever?

Last edited:

tullius

Awards
I noticed it like clockwork applying 1.5ml. From that point on in the day, I run hotter, especially in the following hours.

Also, do you track your bodyweight or just kinda jump on the scale whenever?
I usually check it after the gym before I eat. Bad method though for consistency because I drink roughly 60oz of water between my intra drink and PWO. I never rmember to check right when I get up because I am in autopilot when the 3:30 bell goes off

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I usually check it after the gym before I eat. Bad method though for consistency because I drink roughly 60oz of water between my intra drink and PWO. I never rmember to check right when I get up because I am in autopilot when the 3:30 bell goes off
On that note, what are you consuming intra? Any food/snacks pre?

tullius

Awards
On that note, what are you consuming intra? Any food/snacks pre?
I go 1 scoop of gaspari sizeon and 1 scoop of true nutrition peptopro and sip throughout. I have found that my workouts go much better when I have the intra carbs. My stomach is otherwise empty though

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
nice, i like intra carbs too... i used to love me some of that OG karbolin

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Never had og karbolyn but I remember the old ads they used ti run in thr bodybuilding mags lol "ITS MUTHAF*CKIN KARBOLYN, B*TCH"
Me too. I tried some karbolyn a while ago as I had 5 sample packs. Stuff is amazing. Makes you able to train forever and does not cause any bloating.

I'm actually interested in something called carb10. May be worth checking out.

tullius

Awards
Ok so I have a couple of things for the thread:

1. Sorry about no gains this AM, I had to drive 6 hours to get my wife and daughter, my wife totalled her car yesterday. She and the baby are in good health, but it took up my whole sunday.

2. I got the Apex Ursa Major Supply drop in the mail, So I can continue my 3ml for the rest of my own bottle and 40 addtiional days thanks to Nostrum and the gang, so thanks to you guys.

3. I did lift on saturday but had to work a full day right after so I lost my notes. Best lift was a rack run from 70s to 140s on incline DB bench, sets of 10 all the way, but the 120s-140s jump crushed me and I only got 5 on the 140s, and that is on my instagram.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so I have a couple of things for the thread:

1. Sorry about no gains this AM, I had to drive 6 hours to get my wife and daughter, my wife totalled her car yesterday. She and the baby are in good health, but it took up my whole sunday.

2. I got the Apex Ursa Major Supply drop in the mail, So I can continue my 3ml for the rest of my own bottle and 40 addtiional days thanks to Nostrum and the gang, so thanks to you guys.

3. I did lift on saturday but had to work a full day right after so I lost my notes. Best lift was a rack run from 70s to 140s on incline DB bench, sets of 10 all the way, but the 120s-140s jump crushed me and I only got 5 on the 140s, and that is on my instagram.
No worries; family comes first.

tullius

Awards
Alright boys, todays work below:

Axle continental clean and press (push press, not strict)
120,160,210,230,260,280,300 all for three

High bar back squat
315X10 four sets

Superset with
Flat bench
315X8 four sets

wide grip pull downs
200 4x10

superset with cable curl 4x10 (14 plates of 20 total on machine, not sure of weight of stack)

Felt really good today and wanted to push the axle weight higher but didnt want to miss my other movements.

Subjectively it would appear that I am recomping is anything on Ursa. I have been getting comments from people asking how much weight I have lost and I am holding at 312lb post workout before food. I have noted increased forearm vascularity and I am still seeing good endurance gains (all the above including warm up was from 4:L05 to 5:15 this AM) I will say that by the end of my squat/bench superset I felt like I wanted to puke but I didn't end up puking.

Overall I am happy with what Ursa has done so far and I look forward to seeing my continued development as we go. One thing I will say is that I havent been as strict on my diet as I could be, and I will start tracking my daily macros better as I move out of my own bottle of Ursa and into the sponsored bottles

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Following along. I've always been interested in this product. Looks like it's treating you well so far.
Dude, your strength is awesome!!

tullius

Awards
Following along. I've always been interested in this product. Looks like it's treating you well so far.
Dude, your strength is awesome!!
Thank you. I am happy I am recovering my strength a bit. The covid lockdown was really hard in that all of my injuries in my joints more or less calcified and I had to grind them all back into submission from june to now. Finally feeling moderately comfortable again.

For the sake of the thread and context, the below are my injuries that I manage or have overcome:

270 degree labrum tear, both shoulders (football injury, college)
partial hip labrum tear, right hip (college injury squatting)
torn meniscus and MCL, partial PCL/LCL tears, right knee (mid season injury senior year college, just played on it the latter half of the season)
left sartorious muscle tear, october 2018
a multitude of finger dislocations, also from football (my hands dont work well for minute tasks anymore, but theyre strong)

Sufficce to say tat time off is a killer for me because the scar tissue hardens up, so I do my best to move as often as possible

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i can relate.. furthermore, now that im about to fire up i started taking some anti inflamatories... ouch sh17s getting sore

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well i feel like the inflamation is rooted in those areas to protect the injuries from hurting.. its a bodily defense. getting rid of the inflamation is good but not unlike you breaking all that scar tissue up.. its going to take me a min to feel better and regain some mobilty ect.

tullius

Awards
well i feel like the inflamation is rooted in those areas to protect the injuries from hurting.. its a bodily defense. getting rid of the inflamation is good but not unlike you breaking all that scar tissue up.. its going to take me a min to feel better and regain some mobilty ect.
10-4 i follow the logic now. Thanks Rip

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is iut systemic in action or localized? Thats the tetrahydrocurcumin TD correct?
Systemic but it certainly wouldn't hurt to apply it to an affected area as it's likely to diffuse into the nearest tissue first.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This happened to me too but as time goes on I'm feeling much better.

Have you noticed any mental/nootropic type effects?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i usually dose early in the morning while i am coffeed up~ i will try it later in the day and report back.. as of now tho.. i have not.

tullius

Awards
Todays work:

Deadlift
135,225,315,405,495,585 all for 3
635,655 each for one

Arnold press (seated)
60s 4x15

superset w/ Machine mid row
Whole stack 4x10

Machine chest press
Whole stack 4x10 (4 second negative)

Superset w/Cross body tricep push down (one hand)
4 plates on stack (no clue on weight, sorry) 4x14 per arm

Skipped biceps as they are still sore.

Not sure if it is the Ursa or what but I appear to be leaning out in my upper body. I am in a mild caloric deficit right now but my weight is pretty much holding at 312. I'll get some current pics and also post my before pics as well this afternoon

tullius

Awards
Alright as promised here are the before pictures. Please be gentle lol, I am far from lean and not a bodybuilder like the shredded mofos I see around here. I’ll try and do some weekly check ins with pictures as the log progresses.

Attachments

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
there is not a damn thing to be ashamed of that body brother.. **** im still waiting for the gym to re-open. you make me look obese right meow. besides, that gives the URSA something to chisel away at.