Unanswered Anything like Tongkat?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I love tongkat/longjack. My brain fires on all cylinders, I have great energy and motivation, and a strong libido and confidence. But, it also makes me extremely achy and prone to muscle strains. I’m guessing it’s either from reduced cortisol or reduced e2, but either way, i can’t tolerate how everything hurts.

So, is there anything else like that? Any ginseng variation or something that is similar? Maca gives me heart palpitations so that’s out. Thanks in advance.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
fadogia

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@thebigt Fadogia does all that? I thought it just increased libido, but it’s been years since I’ve used it so I don’t really recall.
Also, I actually have a bottle of Barlowe’s fadogia, how many caps a day should I use?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was just looking at M-Test by CEL and it has fadogia at 1200mg per serving.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best product with Fadogia IMO, but OP is looking to avoid Eurycoma
Yeah, also avoiding ashwagandha and stinging nettle. Ashwagandha gives me weird side effects now and stinging nettle reduces DHT. DHT is awesome so that doesn’t make sense. My hair loss is controlled.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, also avoiding ashwagandha and stinging nettle. Ashwagandha gives me weird side effects now and stinging nettle reduces DHT. DHT is awesome so that doesn’t make sense. My hair loss is controlled.
I remember seeing someone test an older formula of Activate Extreme (nettle-based test booster) and he actually had a small increase in DHT. While nettle can potentially reduce 5a reductase, when it displaces testosterone from SHBG, it can allow more enzyme interaction. Could go either way really, but I don’t think there’s much need to avoid it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But if it can go either way, then it’s a risk I’m not willing to take.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I came to suggest this also. I am a fan of fadogia.
I think it was called FADOGIA 400 but not sure, anyways I-FORCE had a limited run of this fadogia product......I have been trying to find fadogia of equal quality solo, not even close....I think m-test has the best sourced fadogia, but unfortunately for op it is not a solo product...on the other hand it is fortunate for me because at the price point of mtest it would be hard to find solo fadogia of that quality for equal price...

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought fadogia was harsh on the stomach or stomach lining. What about organic maca? That's great for libido.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I thought fadogia was harsh on the stomach or stomach lining. What about organic maca? That's great for libido.
Libido is the lowest concern; the other benefits I get from tongkat are actually what I’m looking for.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Does fadogia give the other benefits I listed too, or just libido?
It’s not as energizing at tongkat Ali so maybe not as much motivation from it. I actually can get a little too aggressive and irritable with tongkat ali. So I really have to check myself when I use test booster products that have it in them. Alpha and confidence are there when I use Fadogia. Libido and plump nuts are there. I usually get a sense of well being from it too. Not a mood boost just a sense of well being.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest fadogia also. If you are going with a solo bulk fadogia product probably Barlowes or Element would be good. I never ran Barlowes but they seem to have good reviews. I've used Element Fadogia many times at 3 caps daily (425mg x 3 = 1275mg daily) and it is legit and probably a better value than Barlowes. I run it with Tongkat Ali.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s not as energizing at tongkat Ali so maybe not as much motivation from it. I actually can get a little too aggressive and irritable with tongkat ali. So I really have to check myself when I use test booster products that have it in them. Alpha and confidence are there when I use Fadogia. Libido and plump nuts are there. I usually get a sense of well being from it too. Not a mood boost just a sense of well being.
Tongkat does the same thing to me, just a touch too aggressive and irritable. How long does it take to start working and do I take it with food or empty stomach?

I would suggest fadogia also. If you are going with a solo bulk fadogia product probably Barlowes or Element would be good. I never ran Barlowes but they seem to have good reviews. I've used Element Fadogia many times at 3 caps daily (425mg x 3 = 1275mg daily) and it is legit and probably a better value than Barlowes. I run it with Tongkat Ali.
Right on.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
have you tried cordyceps sinensis
Not by itself, but I’ve tried MST Cordygen and had similar negative sides as ashwagandha. I respond poorly now to any adaptogen that lowers cortisol.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tongkat does the same thing to me, just a touch too aggressive and irritable. How long does it take to start working and do I take it with food or empty stomach?

Right on.
I would take it with food. It takes about 5-7 days to become noticeable for me.

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not by itself, but I’ve tried MST Cordygen and had similar negative sides as ashwagandha. I respond poorly now to any adaptogen that lowers cortisol.
A good Catuaba extract (liquid) gives pretty much the same effects as Tongkat, something to consider if you havent tried Catuaba yet. It gives a good dopaminergic boost more than even tongkat.

Reactions: AML
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A good Catuaba extract (liquid) gives pretty much the same effects as Tongkat, something to consider if you havent tried Catuaba yet. It gives a good dopaminergic boost more than even tongkat.
I’ve never even heard of that one. I’ll check it out; thanks!

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love tongkat/longjack. My brain fires on all cylinders, I have great energy and motivation, and a strong libido and confidence. But, it also makes me extremely achy and prone to muscle strains. I’m guessing it’s either from reduced cortisol or reduced e2, but either way, i can’t tolerate how everything hurts.

So, is there anything else like that? Any ginseng variation or something that is similar? Maca gives me heart palpitations so that’s out. Thanks in advance.
Which product or extract? And how many mg was this of Tongkat Ali?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bulksupplements, Viron and OL all do it at even just 100mg per day.
Really? Their is a huge difference in these products as far as extracts, quality and dosage goes.
And more power too you if you find a 100mg does anything. For most people, 300mg of a top quality extract is needed as a starting dose. I pop 5 OL LJ100's mid workout for a little pick me up (at age 51).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really? Their is a huge difference in these products as far as extracts, quality and dosage goes.
And more power too you if you find a 100mg does anything. For most people, 300mg of a top quality extract is needed as a starting dose. I pop 5 OL LJ100's mid workout for a little pick me up (at age 51).
I can’t explain it, I just know it happens, and wished it didn’t.

For clarification, I’m not lucky. The achiness and feeling of being >70 but with the motivation/energy of a teen is frustrating. I’d rather just have to take more of something and pay more without the ‘old guy’ feeling.

Anyway, the reviews and feedback of catuaba on this forum aren’t promising and fadogia has potential toxicity issues. Back to the drawing board...

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lmao Big T loves his Fadogia but I really enjoy the way I feel on KSM 66. I’m sure you’ve tried it but SNS has a great one cap serving product that I love.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lmao Big T loves his Fadogia but I really enjoy the way I feel on KSM 66. I’m sure you’ve tried it but SNS has a great one cap serving product that I love.
yes, I am a huge fadogia fan...not so much ksm66, but I will be 1st to say not everyone responds the same.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yes, I am a huge fadogia fan...not so much ksm66, but I will be 1st to say not everyone responds the same.
I'm taking a general health and wellness supplement that has the ksm66 and not noticing anything from it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking a general health and wellness supplement that has the ksm66 and not noticing anything from it
here is my take on ksm66...some love it some not so much. this could be said for many things but most seem to have a vast majority one way or the other, with ksm66 it seems more evenly divided, imo.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
here is my take on ksm66...some love it some not so much. this could be said for many things but most seem to have a vast majority one way or the other, with ksm66 it seems more evenly divided, imo.
I don't find many things over the counter that work for me. Even a lot of prescription meds do nothing for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't find many things over the counter that work for me. Even a lot of prescription meds do nothing for me.
dang, that sucks!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
dang, that sucks!!!
I don't have any serious issues that require serious treatment so no big deal. Just sucks when your someone that's always looking to try something new or get a little boost for whatever the reason may be and everything ends up being a waste of money

hsk

Awards
  • Established
@GreenMachineX , you should give solo Fadogia a go. I have run it many times for 60-90 days and experienced no negative sides except for sore achy balls and bigger loads. If you are worried about toxicity just cycle it and run something mild like milk thistle and/or NAC to offset any possible liver side effects. I have enjoyed every single run I've had and also experienced improvements in recovery and mental well being. It also pairs really well with other adaptogens like icariin, bulbine, tongkat ali, and etc. Very versatile supplement and cost effective for a solo bulk ingredient.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@GreenMachineX , you should give solo Fadogia a go. I have run it many times for 60-90 days and experienced no negative sides except for sore achy balls and bigger loads. If you are worried about toxicity just cycle it and run something mild like milk thistle and/or NAC to offset any possible liver side effects. I have enjoyed every single run I've had and also experienced improvements in recovery and mental well being. It also pairs really well with other adaptogens like icariin, bulbine, tongkat ali, and etc. Very versatile supplement and cost effective for a solo bulk ingredient.
I love fadogia, but in all honesty it is a better deal to just get cell's m-test than buying solo fadogia, imo.

Reactions: hsk
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is there consensus on the best solo Fadogia product?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I love fadogia, but in all honesty it is a better deal to just get cell's m-test than buying solo fadogia, imo.
I actually bought 2 bottles of CEL M-Test when it first came out and like the product alot. I loved the ingredient profile except for the nettle root. Unfortunately I do not do well with nettle root products as it flares up my gyno. All products containing nettle root extract I have taken in the past have done this. I still gave M-Test a shot hoping it would be different but it still caused some gyno issues for me so I had to run some Inhibit-E on top of it to keep it under control. I also recently figured out through trial and error that I can't take Ashwagandha either as it gives me a rash, causes me digestive/intestinal issues, and possibly lowers my cortisol too much. So as much as I love the ingredient profile and the quality of the product, I can't run it due to my personal reaction to some of the ingredients in it. I do use Shilajit, Fadogia, Boron, Tongkat Ali, and Mucuna Pruriens regularly though and really love these ingredients.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Is there consensus on the best solo Fadogia product?
If you want a solo bulk product, I have used Element Fadogia and so far it has been good quality. I've used over 8 bottle over the past two years and never had any issues. I've never used Barlowe's Fadogia, but they get good reviews and it is most likely good quality as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I actually bought 2 bottles of CEL M-Test when it first came out and like the product alot. I loved the ingredient profile except for the nettle root. Unfortunately I do not do well with nettle root products as it flares up my gyno. All products containing nettle root extract I have taken in the past have done this. I still gave M-Test a shot hoping it would be different but it still caused some gyno issues for me so I had to run some Inhibit-E on top of it to keep it under control. I also recently figured out through trial and error that I can't take Ashwagandha either as it gives me a rash, causes me digestive/intestinal issues, and possibly lowers my cortisol too much. So as much as I love the ingredient profile and the quality of the product, I can't run it due to my personal reaction to some of the ingredients in it. I do use Shilajit, Fadogia, Boron, Tongkat Ali, and Mucuna Pruriens regularly though and really love these ingredients.
personally I have used m-test as a add on to my trt several times and never had any need for AI....but like i said in a previous post not everyone reacts the same.