anyone with ocd taking steroids ?

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i would like some advice please ... it will make the steroids ocd worse ?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you have any mental heath issues I think steroids and not a good idea. True medically necessary TRT would be an exception.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some things seem to make it better and some a little worse. Only way to know for sure is to try it. Low dose test or a sarm with 4 Andro for a test base is a good start. I will say my first cycle was dbol only and I did feel good on that solo. Things like superdrol, Lgd, and rad 140 can make you feel tired and run down without a test base. And for me being run down or tired makes ocd much harder to deal with.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I suffer from ptsd and ocd. I have 3 cycles under my belt and each year mentally it get easier. I do have tendency to over think everything while on especially with estrogen. I say if you know yourself give it a shot but be warned you will be different mentally while ON and pct can be rough. Like I said...each year gets easier as I know what to look for. The first time I pinned was a good example...shaking like you wouldn't believe but now smooth as butter. Good luck with whatever choice.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i would like some advice please ... it will make the steroids ocd worse ?
I have OCD, but take meds to manage it. While everyone is unique, I have never noticed a significant difference while on cycle.

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I suffer from ptsd and ocd. I have 3 cycles under my belt and each year mentally it get easier. I do have tendency to over think everything while on especially with estrogen. I say if you know yourself give it a shot but be warned you will be different mentally while ON and pct can be rough. Like I said...each year gets easier as I know what to look for. The first time I pinned was a good example...shaking like you wouldn't believe but now smooth as butter. Good luck with whatever choice.

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have OCD, but take meds to manage it. While everyone is unique, I have never noticed a significant difference while on cycle.
thank you ! i am taking 20 mg paroxetine in the morning plus 50 mg trazodone before sleep

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
thank you ! now i am doing a short cycle of 300 mg testosterone plus 50 mg primobolan a week for about 6 weeks is my first serious cycle , at the begin of thys year i did a trt cycle about 5 months hopping to leave the medication for ocd ,about first 8-10 weeks was ok i was able to take only 10 mg paroxetine at every 2 -3 days plus 50 mg trazodone every day , but once my job has finished due to covid 19 lockdown after a couple of days i start to have bad ocd simptoms again so in my case trt didn't fixed my problem

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
We were just talking about neurosteroids and how they can potentially benefit mental issues. You might actually benefit from some TRT.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diagnosed OCD and GAD. For me, testosterone and DHT-based anabolics have had no negative effects regarding OCD/anxiety, but I've never gone above 500mg weekly of test E nor for very long. The only compounds I would advise avoiding would be tren and EQ, or other anabolics with a reputation for wreaking havoc on emotions/anxiety.

Also, keep in mind the effects of PCT drugs such as clomiphene (Clomid) and other SERMs as well as AIs. (Strangely enough, tamoxifen (Nolvadex) is actually very calming for me, and there are studies to back that up.)

Last edited:

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Diagnosed OCD and GAD. For me, testosterone and DHT-based anabolics have had no negative effects regarding OCD/anxiety, but I've never gone above 500mg weekly of test E nor for very long. The only compounds I would advise avoiding would be tren and EQ, or other anabolics with a reputation for wreaking havoc on emotions/anxiety.

Also, keep in mind the effects of PCT drugs such as clomiphene (Clomid) and other SERMs as well as AIs. (Strangely enough, tamoxifen (Nolvadex) is actually very calming for me, and there are studies to back that up.)
in pct i am taking clomid because i so that ssri's are diminishing the effect of tamoxifen but maybe i will take tamoxifen as well

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
****, I take Paxil. Paxil reduces endoxifen levels, makin tamoxifen less effective. Perhaps next time I'll try with clomid.
i am taking paroxetine is interacting so much with tamoxifene , paroxetine is toxic as well so i don't think is a good idea to take oral steroids in the same time