Anyone with 10+ years on TRT

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Looking for input from long time TRT patients
Currently I’m 41 and am looking at going on TRT

How much of a lifestyle change is pinning twice a week and bloods? I know I will feel better once I start but just can’t envision pinning twice a week for the next 40 years. Just looking at input on the mental game side of the therapy

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
9 years here, so just shy of your criteria. I pin 1x weekly and trust that your apprehension about this is understandable, but is 100% without question, not an issue you will ever think about.

280z was my very first car, btw, so I had to respond.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You get used to it, it can be annoying but not a big deal. You can get away with 1 shot a week.

btw my dad have been on for 30yrs and he do gels now (because that’s what his Dr give him) and that can be annoying since you have to apply ed, but, you get used to that as well.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Once you get used to an injection it takes like 2 min it's not really that bug a deal imo there is no change in your lifestyle. . It becomes routine like diabetic patients who have to check blood sugar levels multiple times dailt

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. Sounds like it becomes part of the routine and not a big deal. Bloods were taken on Friday. Looking forward to feeling alive again

sillycibin

Awards

How much of a lifestyle change is pinning twice a week and bloods? I know I will feel better once I start but just can’t envision pinning twice a week for the next 40 years. Just looking at input on the mental game side of the therapy
Pinning twice a week... imagine being diabetic with multiple daily sugar checks, meal insulin, correction doses etc... just saying people get along doing way more just fine. you just make it part of a routine and it really becomes a non issue.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve been pinning twice a week for nearly 7 and a half years on TRT. It’s just part of life like others have said.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not much of a hassle compared to living with low T and all the detrimental effects.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you all. I decided to go through a private company as my primary won’t prescribe as when I tested with him I was at 311. Waiting for test c in the mail an looking forward to feeling better soon

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
9 years here, so just shy of your criteria. I pin 1x weekly and trust that your apprehension about this is understandable, but is 100% without question, not an issue you will ever think about.

280z was my very first car, btw, so I had to respond.
lol...my 1st car was a beat-up klunker I paid $100 for...bought it with my very 1st tax refund check.

fortunately we had auto shop back then and I could take my car there and work on it myself and if I had problems the shop teacher was a certified mechanic---damn I miss those days, lol.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
9yrs..80mg cyp...025mg of arimidex. 025mg of anti prolactin... test in the 900s

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you pin 80 mg twice a week so 160 per week, 900 is good!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Been on for 15 years my first 10 I only pinned once every two weeks, no problems!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Been on for 15 years my first 10 I only pinned once every two weeks, no problems!!
believe it or not when the VA sends me my monthly test cyp, directions still to this day call for every two week injection.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I first started it was once every three weeks, but the Dr. and I figured out it was two many hills and valleys

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What is scar tissue like after 5+ years, is it a noticeable thing when looking at? Does it cause any discomfort?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is scar tissue like after 5+ years, is it a noticeable thing when looking at? Does it cause any discomfort?
15 years in and I never noticed any scar tissue. I used Quads, Glutes and Delts.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Datsun280z I am more of a Datsun 510 man myself !

ITC 510 (800x638).jpg

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As long as you’re using a small gauge pin and rotate your injection site you won’t have any issues. I have a few places scar tissue has built up but it doesn’t effect me at all.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
15 years in and I never noticed any scar tissue. I used Quads, Glutes and Delts.
Thanks, I've always wondered about this and avoided pinning as much as poss because of it, used to pin delts myself I loved the temporary swelling making em look a bit bigger but man was it hard to plunge

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
As long as you’re using a small gauge pin and rotate your injection site you won’t have any issues. I have a few places scar tissue has built up but it doesn’t effect me at all.
Thanks for info

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for info. Only on a tad over a year. Also do blasting and cruising with two cycles under my belt both test only. I have done trt 200mg every 10 days and 200mg every 7 by the doctor. Seems more shots helps with levels but i have not done that as of yet. Personally i have not really had any acne sides at 44 and i also have not noticed any hair problems yet that i would not have as a normal 44 year old.

Mr happy has been working better since i have been on it make mrs happy.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for info. Only on a tad over a year. Also do blasting and cruising with two cycles under my belt both test only. I have done trt 200mg every 10 days and 200mg every 7 by the doctor. Seems more shots helps with levels but i have not done that as of yet. Personally i have not really had any acne sides at 44 and i also have not noticed any hair problems yet that i would not have as a normal 44 year old.

Mr happy has been working better since i have been on it make mrs happy.
How high is your testosterone at that dose?

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How high is your testosterone at that dose?
My last bloods were 200mg every 7 days. i did the sot sunday and then that friday had bloods pulled total t was 1229. Estrodial was 62 ( no arimidex this time) and only things high were rbc, homoglobin and hemocrit and i was told to donate blood when i get a chance. ....Now i do blast and cruise but there were at least 8 weeks after my last cycle and it was only a total trt and extra of about 550mg test. I should be on a blast now but with gyms closed i figure ill save my money. With .5 arimidex 2x a week and 200mg every 10 days i think i was 850 and estrogen was like 14 which is supposed ot be too low from a bodybuilding perspective, but my doctor was fine with.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My last bloods were 200mg every 7 days. i did the sot sunday and then that friday had bloods pulled total t was 1229. Estrodial was 62 ( no arimidex this time) and only things high were rbc, homoglobin and hemocrit and i was told to donate blood when i get a chance. ....Now i do blast and cruise but there were at least 8 weeks after my last cycle and it was only a total trt and extra of about 550mg test. I should be on a blast now but with gyms closed i figure ill save my money. With .5 arimidex 2x a week and 200mg every 10 days i think i was 850 and estrogen was like 14 which is supposed ot be too low from a bodybuilding perspective, but my doctor was fine with.
How do you feel?.. I'm gonna try to rid myself of an AI by Trying biweekly shots..maybe 3xs a week if I need to

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty good. NOw i have bene tired for some time as i have some depression issues from various things I don't get into too much but taking anti-depressants keep you i guess chilled anyway. The idea on my regimen from my doctors is almost sedations so the normal doctors dont worry about me being tired.

You might want to try without the ai if yours is not that high or self medicate .5 1 or 2x a week see how that goes

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty good. NOw i have bene tired for some time as i have some depression issues from various things I don't get into too much but taking anti-depressants keep you i guess chilled anyway. The idea on my regimen from my doctors is almost sedations so the normal doctors dont worry about me being tired.

You might want to try without the ai if yours is not that high or self medicate .5 1 or 2x a week see how that goes
Started doing shots every other day.. 50mg..I have an AI just in case.. Hopefully in the next few weeks I get dialed in..and everything smoothest out on it's own naturally

RockyP

Awards

I was on it for 5 years. What it gives you back in terms of quality of life is awesome. However, you need to check your CBC regularly, like 3 times a year if not more. Your testicles will shrink unless you are doing some HCG. If you decide to come off of it you will experience depression before you can get back to normal. On TRT you will think about sex all the time like all the time, at least that was my experience. I got off of it because I was a bit too concerned with my CBC and cholesterol going up and because I was always horny. Was put on clomid and tapered down over 2 months. I experienced tremendous depression but now I am fine. At 54 life without test is definitely different, all aches and pains coming back, etc.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WOW! How often do you dump blood?
Dump blood?..lab work?.. once a year..think of changing protocol..inject 3xs a week instead of once...need to ditch the arimidex..health concerns from the long term use

RockyP

Awards
Dump blood?..lab work?.. once a year..think of changing protocol..inject 3xs a week instead of once...need to ditch the arimidex..health concerns from the long term use
That is great! I was on .5cl per week and my RBC, Hematocrit, Hemoglobulin, etc was going up fast. My Estradiol was low so I never needed any help keeping it low. But I am seriously debating going back or getting on a cycle as soon as gyms reopen.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is great! I was on .5cl per week and my RBC, Hematocrit, Hemoglobulin, etc was going up fast. My Estradiol was low so I never needed any help keeping it low. But I am seriously debating going back or getting on a cycle as soon as gyms reopen.
Make sure you are very well hydrated when doing labs...found that out the hard way

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont take any HCG any i have been on for about a year and a half and have done two blasts and have not noticed any issues with ball size.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good info in the Video !!