Anyone take Alpha GPC daily?

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking of trying it for a few months at 600mg x 2 per day. Anyone here use it regularly and notice improvements to memory/reaction time?

If so is there a high quality source for buying it in bulk? It's pretty expensive to buy in caps if you're doing 1200mg per day.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
It’s nice. But I prefer doing 600mg once a day. First thing along with 200mcg of huperzine a. And take another hup a before bed.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
took it about a year , with l-dopa. L dopa is a bad idea to use for more than a couple months in my research.

Did seem to notice better memory with the two combined

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just did a month and got next to nothing from it, I was disappointed...

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
I was thinking of trying it for a few months at 600mg x 2 per day. Anyone here use it regularly and notice improvements to memory/reaction time?

If so is there a high quality source for buying it in bulk? It's pretty expensive to buy in caps if you're doing 1200mg per day.
I've been taking 1,200 mg a day and noticed a modest increase in mind and muscle connection during workouts and a decent effect on memory. I see it as a great a long term supplement to restore phospholipids and ACh muscarinic receptor decline that happens with brain aging.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
It’s nice. But I prefer doing 600mg once a day. First thing along with 200mcg of huperzine a. And take another hup a before bed.
Have you noticed any lucid dreams while on Hup A? I do typically around 400 mcg or higher at night.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
took it about a year , with l-dopa. L dopa is a bad idea to use for more than a couple months in my research.

Did seem to notice better memory with the two combined
L-DOPA is just a metabolite of L-Tyrosine which we consume everyday. While there aren't many long term studies on healthy adults it doesn't automatically mean it's unsafe in lower doses especially when properly cycled. Many short term studies have shown great benefits in doses of 100-500 mg.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
L-DOPA is just a metabolite of L-Tyrosine which we consume everyday. While there aren't many long term studies on healthy adults it doesn't automatically mean it's unsafe in lower doses especially when properly cycled. Many short term studies have shown great benefits in doses of 100-500 mg.
it seems many supplement L-dopa to offset the high price of parkinsons meds [I've heard insurance only pays for a limited supply]....

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
it seems many supplement L-dopa to offset the high price of parkinsons meds [I've heard insurance only pays for a limited supply]....
Never heard that. I just know human clinical studies has shown benefits on memory and HGH in healthy adults.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Never heard that. I just know human clinical studies has shown benefits on memory and HGH in healthy adults.
many on prescribed Parkinson meds also use macuna to lower dose of meds, to also lower side effects...I have done considerable research since I was diagnosed with rls and many of the same drugs are used to treat both.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you noticed any lucid dreams while on Hup A? I do typically around 400 mcg or higher at night.
Wow, that's a high dose.
What else did you notice?
Easier to wake up? How did sleep quality feel?

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Wow, that's a high dose.
What else did you notice?
Easier to wake up? How did sleep quality feel?
At 800 mcg I had my first W.I.L.D. dream. Basically a wake initiated dream state where you go asleep doing whatever you doing before you passed out like you never slept and had complete control over the rest of my night. When I woke up I had to check to see if any of that actually happened as every detail was clearer than even real life. Needless to say it was intense but equally amazing. I usually take at 400-600 mcg or less before 5 pm these days. If I did higher daily it would be too much like the movie Waking Life for me.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 800 mcg I had my first W.I.L.D. dream. Basically a wake initiated dream state where you go asleep doing whatever you doing before you passed out like you never slept and had complete control over the rest of my night. When I woke up I had to check to see if any of that actually happened as every detail was clearer than even real life. Needless to say it was intense but equally amazing. I usually take at 400-600 mcg or less before 5 pm these days. If I did higher daily it would be too much like the movie Waking Life for me.
Yes I do.
So would you guys say that dosing Huperzine A in the 400-800mcg range improves sleep quality? Leading to a more alert and concentrated state the day after?

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does the purity level matter on Alpha GPC? I've seen some sites that range from anywhere from 50%-99% purity.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Does the purity level matter on Alpha GPC? I've seen some sites that range from anywhere from 50%-99% purity.
That's concentration rather than purity. 90% can be sticky and impossible to work with which is why it's not used in caps. As long as you get 1,200 mg of elemental GPC it doesn't really matter.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's concentration rather than purity. 90% can be sticky and impossible to work with which is why it's not used in caps. As long as you get 1,200 mg of elemental GPC it doesn't really matter.
This. The thing I don’t like is when companies use 50% Alpha-GPC and put on the front of the label and/or advertisements as if it’s 100%. 300mg of 50% is equivalent to 150mg, just like you said. Seeing “300mg Alpha-GPC” advertised and then it turning out to be 300mg of 50% is silly.