Anyone push their run beyond 8-weeks?

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
Title says it all. I've never done over 8-weeks personally, but have also recovered with zero sides... So, there's tht.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes it depends. Never done more than 8 weeks of methylated orals for sure. Sarm or non methyls you can push longer if you’re comfortable with it.

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
Bunch of wise guys in this chat I see. This was posted in the anabolic section, so creatine is off the table 🙄

But I should have clarified, I was referring to non-metallated PHs.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I usually prefer my AAS to be free of heavy metals regardless of cycle length.

Ball busting aside certain orals were prescribed for much longer than 8 weeks, such as drol. I don't think it is a great idea especially at BB doses as the lipids would be destroyed in most cases and you want to minimize length of time with single digit HDL.

There is something to be said for loss of additional results at a certain point as well. Is another four weeks going to really result in tissue gain worth the health strain? Probably not but that is a personal decision.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bunch of wise guys in this chat I see. This was posted in the anabolic section, so creatine is off the table 🙄

But I should have clarified, I was referring to non-metallated PHs.
in fairness bro there is a world of difference between a moderate dose of injectable test (which could really be run indefinitely) and a harsh oral like sdrol (4-6 weeks max).

but to answer the question, yes many of us will have run ph’s (esp non methyl) past 8 weeks.

typically you have three considerations in cycle duration,

1) the toxicity and impact on your key health markers. A mild ph such as you describe isn’t going to impact these two badly, especially with proper supports.

2) the bodies ability to adapt and grow/drop fat in response to the anabolic. Generally the longer the cycle the more there is a diminishing return. Your body adapts to the compound (and dosage) and it stops having the same impact. Plus adding mass is hard, it’s hard on the body and it’s tough mentally. Periods of gaining then maintenance are more optimal in my humble opinion. This also provides a timescale for how long one should run anything beneficially.

3) probably the most important is enabling your own hormone production to recover. The longer you suppress it the harder it is to get it back and the more likely you are to end up on trt quicker than you otherwise would.

I think most would agree that if orals are involved then 12 weeks tends to be a good maximum, growth appears to slow/stop after than point according to some data (studies are varied) but at this point the orals however mild are probably impacting health markers negatively as well making it even tougher.

the exception is injectable cycles (which are healthier, and guys (myself included) will push 16-20 weeks on a slow bulk. This tends to be done by people on trt or blast and cruise only.

lots of people like 8 week blasts brother, quicker recovery, they feel like gains are minimal after that and it works for them.

in summary, less than 8 probably leaves gains on the table and more than 12 has too few benefits with the negatives building up to be worth doing.

hope that helps

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
water - 365days