Unanswered Anyone hire IFBB pro for training

WeakerNU

Awards
Just curious if anyone had hired a Pro bodybuilder for training? Curious if there training knowledge is worth the coin? I am just a regular guy not a competitor by any means. thanks guys and gals

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Depends on who you want to invest in, their credentials, and the amount of knowledge they have.
As always do your research, email them, and see what they have to offer before making a decision.

Personally I would follow or buy John Meadows programs, which are absolutely incredible, very personalized, and can be customized to your goals with volume, frequency, and intensity based off RPE.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Depends on who you want to invest in, their credentials, and the amount of knowledge they have.
As always do your research, email them, and see what they have to offer before making a decision.

Personally I would follow or buy John Meadows programs, which are absolutely incredible, very personalized, and can be customized to your goals with volume, frequency, and intensity based off RPE.
I’d agree here. Meadows is a trainer, most bodybuilders are trainees. Also, I’d imagine most pros will charge an arm and a leg just because of their status. I doubt they’d be any better than most good trainers, depending on who it is.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I’m an IFBB pro and agree with this 100%.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It depends on what impresses you. Plenty of bodybuilders sell themselves, but I’m not sure all really know THAT much beyond what worked in their own experience, and there’s a lot of bias in that. I start working with Menno Henselmans in February. Not a pro bodybuilder, but does have some competition experience and knows what it takes. Has an impressive physique as a fitness model. Mostly, his depth of knowledge and being able to reference multiple studies for the positions he takes on things really impresses me. It’s all evidence based, and if the theory doesn’t check out in research, then he doesn’t push it the way so many do. And the clients of his Ive seen get excellent results.

WeakerNU

Awards
The thing that caught my eye was something more personalized cause I have bad shoulder hip and knee. Maybe I’ll try out one of meadows programs. And go from there. Just figure some coin spent now may be better time investment.

WeakerNU

Awards
I’m 30 and only getting older figure I better get more serious at a late start thanks guys and gals

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed on the John meadows programs,

Lots to choose from, won’t cost you thousands, you can go at your own pace in terms of days in the gym etc

WeakerNU

Awards
Anyone have advice on which program to go with? I have seen he has many to choose from. I’m going to try and dig in a little more this next week and see which program my fit better. Thanks

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone have advice on which program to go with? I have seen he has many to choose from. I’m going to try and dig in a little more this next week and see which program my fit better. Thanks
depends what you want out of a program

Specialized:
Arm Manual
Leg Manual
Back Manual

higher volume:
creeping death 2.0
gamma bomb

higher intensity
project colossus
Odin force

not to mention all of his older programs which are full of workouts that may cripple you pending your or intensity and how much effort you put into your training .

21 days later was brutal

Last edited:

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My friend lives in LA and workout at the Mecca, he trains a few times a week with a IFBB pro, I tagged long on a back session and it was good, learned a few new things. My friend actually won his first BB show so he’s super happy with his coach. My wife used a pro as a coach for her bikini show’s, she placed well.

If it works financially go for it, a coach is always good, especially when you find one you’re excited about that pushes you to new levels.