anyone heard or used Schisandra chinensis ?

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i am using the product together with ashwaghanda and i fell no diference maybe a little bit more relaxed , i started a low rep program and i did 3 reps with 81 kg for the first time since i was 20 - years old 25 my big lift on bench was at about 19 years old 108 kg i rep . now i am 41 years old . i never been a good bodybuilder due to the live context

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
i am using the product together with ashwaghanda and i fell no diference maybe a little bit more relaxed , i started a low rep program and i did 3 reps with 81 kg for the first time since i was 20 - years old 25 my big lift on bench was at about 19 years old 108 kg i rep . now i am 41 years old . i never been a good bodybuilder due to the live context
Isn't it usually used as a stimulant?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It has been around for a long time. I remember this being discussed back in the 90's as a potential test booster. It's also been promoted as an adaptogen. One issue, if I remember correctly is that the standardization levels are all over the place from a raw material standpoint and the dosage needed is fairly high.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a book on adaptogen, seem good but does not seem to do better or more beneficial than other more popular adaptogen like, rhodiola, shilajit, ginseng or maral root. it suppose to enhance reflex, work performance and mental activity.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have been using it for couple months now as an anti-tussive due to my post nasal drip cough. couple supplements have schizandra - myostato from LG science / Anafuse.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought the powder on amzn based on an article on ergo log, doesn't seem to do anything for me.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are you trying to achieve by taking this supplement? There aren't very many good studies on it, and AFAIK, none in weight trained athletes, which is what you ideally want.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
it may have good overall health benefits: adaptogen. many people report improvement of skin quality. But I also havent noticed any anabolic / performance effects from it.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it may have good overall health benefits: adaptogen. many people report improvement of skin quality. But I also havent noticed any anabolic / performance effects from it.
It sounds kind of like an experiment just to see if it works. Do you really want to be a guinea pig for some substance that has barely any studies on it or would you rather spend your money on something you know works? Or you could spend it on an adaptogen with more research on it, like ashwagandha.

Read the Wikipedia article on "adaptogens" and you might get a different opinion about them.

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It sounds kind of like an experiment just to see if it works. Do you really want to be a guinea pig for some substance that has barely any studies on it or would you rather spend your money on something you know works? Or you could spend it on an adaptogen with more research on it, like ashwagandha.

Read the Wikipedia article on "adaptogens" and you might get a different opinion about them.

i am using it and i am 0k for now, i have 2weeks with this herb an aswaghanda , i hope to be ok no on , plus i added 2.5 kg on my bench press in one week , i included some whey protein after the hardest workout from every week a, and 2 days after in the morning . I am happy that i have a little progress.