Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was thinking of buying a infrared sauna for my home gym, any one have one ? Thoughts on one ?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No experience, but if you choose one let us know what kind etc. I would be interested to hear!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Its temping to buy one of the $300 portable ones

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a 20yo above ground 500 gallon 5 seater in my backyard that I couldn't imagine living without. They installed it with a crane.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a 20yo above ground 500 gallon 5 seater in my backyard that I couldn't imagine living without. They installed it with a crane.
you may be very confused as to what a sauna is lmao lol! ;):p

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't, but my cousin has one and it's pretty bad ass, I can ask what kind it is and snap a couple pictures next time I go by his house
That would be cool!

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been thinking about getting an Infrared one for awhile now, can get them for like $1,200ish (AUD) and they look decent. That and a cold plunge pool would be awesome for mornings I reckon.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
just to make sure everybody is on the same page......you do still realize thats not a sauna rite? all joking aside

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Infrared? Nah, a real sauna is heated with firewood. Electrical heater is ok. Gotta have steam, otherwise it's just a warm room. Where I live most of the houses have saunas. Even many flats in an apartment building include own sauna. We're sauna people, lol. Some of my friends have speakers in the sauna, so you can play some music while sauning. This one cigar club, that we rented once even had a TV in the sauna 😃 We watched like half a game of hockey there, lol

Don't think I've ever experienced an infrared sauna though. If the possible health bebefits are the main objective, then I guess infared can work just as well.

Last edited:

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Infrared? Nah, a real sauna is heated with firewood. Electrical heater is ok. Gotta have steam, otherwise it's just a warm room. Where I live most of the houses have saunas. Even many flats in an apartment building include own sauna. We're sauna people, lol. Some of my friends have speakers in the sauna, so you can play some music while sauning. This one cigar club, that we rented once even had a TV in the sauna 😃 We watched like half a game of hockey there, lol

Don't think I've ever experienced an infrared sauna though. If the possible health bebefits are the main objective, then I guess infared can work just as well.
Infrared saunas are amazing, I come out feeling so refreshed and rejuvenated, I do like regular saunas... but imo infrared are so much better... and healthier

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Infrared saunas are amazing, I come out feeling so refreshed and rejuvenated, I do like regular saunas... but imo infrared are so much better... and healthier
I will try to get to one, some day. But the sauna cultrue thing is a bit different here, so I'm sure sauna without steam rising from water thrown on hot rocks is not going to do it for me, lol.

How is infraread healthier? Does it penetrate the heat deeper on to muscles and body? That's all I could think of.

Last edited:

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will try to get to one, some day. But the sauna cultrue thing is a bit different here, so I'm sure sauna without steam rising from water thrown on hot rocks is not going to do it to me, lol.

How is infraread healthier? Does it penetrate the heat deeper on to muscles and body? That's all I could think of.
Yeah that is my understanding, deeper penetration, sweat more, relaxs muscles etc... but yeah I get the sauna culture thing

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A rock or steam sauna creates heat around you, it's raising the surface temperature of your body and causing you to sweat. Kinda like you sweat from being out in the heat.

A infrared sauna raises your core body temperature. Heating you up from the inside if you will. More similar to how exercise can warm you up, activity raising your core temperature.

How benificial is one over the other I'm not really certain.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Rocket3015

He has a medical 7 sauna it's made to seat 3-4 ppl and cost around 10k, there pretty pricey. The website is called medicalsauna.com

There's a smaller 2 person version around 6k
And a single person for 4k

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't, but my cousin has one and it's pretty bad ass, I can ask what kind it is and snap a couple pictures next time I go by his house
yeah would be interested as well .. also does it affect the electricity bill alot ?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depends how much you use it but he said not a huge difference, less then $20 most months
oh thats pretty good .. ive looked at it as well but always backed out

now that gyms are back open, i have it available to me once again .. but i love using it as i dont sweat much during workout and always skip cardio #broscience thinking lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
oh thats pretty good .. ive looked at it as well but always backed out

now that gyms are back open, i have it available to me once again .. but i love using it as i dont sweat much during workout and always skip cardio #broscience thinking lol
I almost never sweat from lifting weights. I need intense cardio or super short rest periods to break a sweat

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A rock or steam sauna creates heat around you, it's raising the surface temperature of your body and causing you to sweat. Kinda like you sweat from being out in the heat.

A infrared sauna raises your core body temperature. Heating you up from the inside if you will. More similar to how exercise can warm you up, activity raising your core temperature.

How benificial is one over the other I'm not really certain.
I think I've only used a rock and steam sauna before. I think the rock sauna had essential oils added to the water. it might have actually been eucalyptus. because of that I'd say rock sauna is better overall

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think I've only used a rock and steam sauna before. I think the rock sauna had essential oils added to the water. it might have actually been eucalyptus. because of that I'd say rock sauna is better overall
I'm sure you could add a defuser if you wanted ???

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have this type of sauna at home. Love it. I use it several times a week post workout. Even had to replace the zipper lol.
Personally, I think it helps with my endurance and recovery as long as I properly hydrate afterwards.
Thank you for you imput.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have this type of sauna at home. Love it. I use it several times a week post workout. Even had to replace the zipper lol.
Personally, I think it helps with my endurance and recovery as long as I properly hydrate afterwards.
ya I figured it would be pretty good. if you look at traditional hydrotherapy they had their heads poking out of a hole. otherwise you have to use a cool cloth to prevent brain overheating. or maybe they did both. I think they did both

Julianbee

Julianbee

Awards
ya I figured it would be pretty good. if you look at traditional hydrotherapy they had their heads poking out of a hole. otherwise you have to use a cool cloth to prevent brain overheating. or maybe they did both. I think they did both
Yeah I can imagine as it’s pretty hot with your head poking out.
I’d recommend them though. They’re solid for the price and they fold up so they don’t have to take up a lot of space.