Anyone had digestive issues resolve with AAS?

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's been 5 years that I have:

- bloating at all time of the day
- no appetite
- well formed stool nonetheless
- brain fog
- weight loss
- no water retention
- no pump
- joint pain
- very little energy if any to work out
- quick lactic acid buildup if I do work out

What I tried:

- antibiotics to get rid of SIBO. It makes things temporarily much better for a month or two but I relapse after
- probiotics. Home made kefir and soil probiotics. Doesn't make a difference
- fecal matter transplant. Doesn't make a difference.
- vegan diet. Bloating and joint pain.
- carnivore diet. Slightly better but still looking pregnant.
- fruit diet. Horrible
- regular western diet. Bloating and joint pain.

Blood test shows when natural
Test: 850ng/dl
E2<10ng/dl (16-48) very low
IGF-1: 110 (120-360) very low

I started Test and HGH a year and a half ago. It's making things a bit better because it's masking my weight loss and probably improving my e2 and IGF-1.

Has anyone gotten theirselves out of such a situation with any means available?

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started experiencing digestive issues about a year ago. Mine come and go, and I usually have bloating and a general unsettled feeling where my stomach is churning and growling a lot. Really annoying. Sometimes have the squirts, but not always. I've tried so many things - digestive enzymes, tums, alka seltzers, probiotics, eating/drinking less, imodium, etc. I also take pantoprozole. The one thing OTC that seems to be helping a little bit is IBGard. It's a purified, concentrated form of peppermint oil that's taken in capsule form. I've been taking it for almost 4 weeks, and I can tell some improvement. It's no magic bullet, but seems to help some. My sister was recently diagnosed with colorectal cancer, so I went and had some tests run as a precaution (ct scan, colonoscopy, endoscopy). Only thing that showed up was some areas of inflammation in my esophagus and stomach lining (gastritis). I sometimes feel that whatever is causing this is preventing me from absorbing nutrition, as I have lost a little bit of weight as well. Nothing major, but enough to notice. I'll probably head back to the digestive doctor and see what else they think might be causing this. I've never had digestive issues until now, and it kinda sucks. Hoping I can figure it out soon, as it's really aggravating and affecting my diet and ability to put on muscle. Good luck to you...

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My only real experience with digestive issues was many years of bad reflux (through **** diet and being 320lbs at 50% body fat), ended up with a hiatus hernia and was on omeprazole for years.

lost 140 lbs and stopped talking omep but the reflux issues remained a bit (much better than it was though). Only thing that settled it properly was keffir daily. Even on a bulk when I’m forcing calories in I have no issues with it now, don’t take it for a few days and it comes back a bit 🤷 so for me keffir is a must have

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I notice better blood sugar control while on even a replacement dose of test.

Got bloodwork to prove...off my fasting glucose is upper half of the normal range, on 125mg test it was just below the bottom of the reference.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My only real experience with digestive issues was many years of bad reflux (through **** diet and being 320lbs at 50% body fat), ended up with a hiatus hernia and was on omeprazole for years.

lost 140 lbs and stopped talking omep but the reflux issues remained a bit (much better than it was though). Only thing that settled it properly was keffir daily. Even on a bulk when I’m forcing calories in I have no issues with it now, don’t take it for a few days and it comes back a bit 🤷 so for me keffir is a must have
Kefir makes things even worse for me.

And I'm talking home made from raw A2 grass fed milk.
It creates even more lactic acid, my muscles become flat, I lose weight, I have no appetite whatsoever.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I inadvertently crushed my e2 years ago and had some of the symptoms you listed. It looks like your bloods show low e2 as well, so maybe that’s part of it. By “started test” I assume you mean TRT? Are you using an AI with your test?

Regarding bloat, I also had issues with that. Daily issues, it became very frustrating. One thing that helped was keeping a food journal. You might bloat from something you ate the previous day and think it’s from something you ate the day you’re bloated, so the journal can help track down the culprit (culprit, I kinda want to punch myself for using that word). Some foods that are typically GI friendly for some are total assholes for others. The journal can help you find those. The biggest thing for me was eggs and dark green leafy veggies. Got rid of them and it’s sooooo much better.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's been 5 years that I have:

- bloating at all time of the day
- no appetite
- well formed stool nonetheless
- brain fog
- weight loss
- no water retention
- no pump
- joint pain
- very little energy if any to work out
- quick lactic acid buildup if I do work out

What I tried:

- antibiotics to get rid of SIBO. It makes things temporarily much better for a month or two but I relapse after
- probiotics. Home made kefir and soil probiotics. Doesn't make a difference
- fecal matter transplant. Doesn't make a difference.
- vegan diet. Bloating and joint pain.
- carnivore diet. Slightly better but still looking pregnant.
- fruit diet. Horrible
- regular western diet. Bloating and joint pain.

Blood test shows when natural
Test: 850ng/dl
E2<10ng/dl (16-48) very low
IGF-1: 110 (120-360) very low

I started Test and HGH a year and a half ago. It's making things a bit better because it's masking my weight loss and probably improving my e2 and IGF-1.

Has anyone gotten theirselves out of such a situation with any means available?
Bloating sucks. I'm actually dealing with the same thing but am just starting to deal with it with my doc.

With high TT but low E2, it probably means you have high SHBG and low free test. So get that sorted when you are off cycle. Also, stop cycling, if you want to resolve this for real. Also, mind you, high SHGB and low free t are both a sign of gut issues.

You said that antibiotics made things much better but then relapse. This is, imo, a clear indicator you have some sort of gut infection. SIBO is by far not the only condition that could be causing trouble. There's lots of different parasites that can infest your guts. Bacteria's are though bastards and hard to get rid off. It is very common for them to come back after antibiotic use. This is why people do multiple cycles of antibiotics, until the issue is resolved. Heliobacter is for instance one such bacteria that is hard to get rid off with just one antibiotic cycle. There are also different antibiotics, not all will be the best fit for the job.

The problem is that most doctors don't take such issues seriously. The doctor, which is an gastroentorologist, said that I am not bloated, those are just muscles. Lawl. The tests for bacteria are done via stool samples and via breathing in to a balloon, or something.