Anyone ever try Gaspari's Glycofuse?

halljo

halljo

Awards
Curious what people thought about Gaspari's Glycofuse (Effects, taste, worth it or waste, etc). Also, if you have another carb/glycogen product, I'm up for that info as well.

Thanks in advance

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious what people thought about Gaspari's Glycofuse (Effects, taste, worth it or waste, etc). Also, if you have another carb/glycogen product, I'm up for that info as well.

Thanks in advance
Simply HBCD.

Good carb source intra if that is what you're looking for and notice GI issues from other intra carb sources. Taste is great.

I personally use Karbolyn but would use Glycofuse if I wanted HBCD, or Super Carb by NutraBio.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was an okay product. The taste was the main thing i think. It tasted like kool aid for me.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Explain the benefits of this supplement compared to say a banana?

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glycofuse tastes great. Have also used Karbolyn in the past but no longer feel the need for intraworkout carbs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use bulk plain waxy maize.. but I have used glycofuse.. flavor is legit for a carb powder.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I have used Glycofuse in the past but my FAVORITE intra carb workout product is Intra MD

Waxy Maize type products bother my stomach

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have really enjoyed the orange flavor in the past. If Prefer SizeOn or Vitargo though. Carb10 by MTS looks intriguing, but I cannot speak from experience, as I have never used it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I had a few samples of this a few months back. Taste is incredible. I felt that it helped with recovery and performace/endurance, but it wasn't anything above and beyond IMO. Like banjobounce said, I prefer SizeOn if I'm going to be spending the money on a fancy intra carb source. Glacier Freeze Gatorade is always my go-to intra workout carb source

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
I see you drink this stuff while you are working out then. Makes sense to supplement and invest the money. But can a person get the same results if they were to eat a piece of fruit 15 minutes before the weight room?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see you drink this stuff while you are working out then. Makes sense to supplement and invest the money. But can a person get the same results if they were to eat a piece of fruit 15 minutes before the weight room?
I would say no, but that is just my opinion. I follow Ben Pakulski's recommendations of keeping carbs to a minimum pre workout. This theoretically leads to an increase in GH output (which may or may not have any noticeable effects at all). I prefer to use intra carbs around 30 minutes into the workout to take advantage of increased insulin sensitivity. Also, carbs tend to lead to increased serotonin, which makes me feel sleepy during the workout, therefore, I try to avoid them until the end of the workout.

halljo

halljo

Awards
I was actually looking at this for an after workout quick carb hit combined with some dinner with complex carbs and protein. I was just thinking since these carbs are utilized quickly by the body (almost like sugar but without the spike), that it would be a better post recovery option combined with food.

Appreciate all the info and reviews. I think I'll put a little more time in figured put what would be the best quick carb option post-workout

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was actually looking at this for an after workout quick carb hit combined with some dinner with complex carbs and protein. I was just thinking since these carbs are utilized quickly by the body (almost like sugar but without the spike), that it would be a better post recovery option combined with food.

Appreciate all the info and reviews. I think I'll put a little more time in figured put what would be the best quick carb option post-workout
If you're going to be combining it with food anyway post workout, why not just eat more rice, sweet potatoes, etc. and save money and put it towards whole foods?

sgtgreen

sgtgreen

Awards
It's a good carb source. I like the Orange Mango.

halljo

halljo

Awards
If you're going to be combining it with food anyway post workout, why not just eat more rice, sweet potatoes, etc. and save money and put it towards whole foods?
I was looking at cutting some calories but keeping my muscles as full as possible. Figured if I added this, and cut down on some regular carbs, it would help with a cut and keep me full of stored energy (Glycogen). Looking at trying this as an experiment and see how my body reacts to it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I was looking at cutting some calories but keeping my muscles as full as possible. Figured if I added this, and cut down on some regular carbs, it would help with a cut and keep me full of stored energy (Glycogen). Looking at trying this as an experiment and see how my body reacts to it.
If you're cutting calories, I would try to eat/chew your food. Especially those precious carbs. In my personal experience, I feel that whole food carbs give me a fuller look when comparing to an intraworkout carb.

If my carbs are lower, my protocol is to use a GDA and eat whole foods. I keep most of my carbs at breakfast, preworkout meal, and post workout meal, and use Slinmax as a GDA/nutrient partitioner to drive glycogen into the muscle and help with strength, and to give me that 'full' look when in a deficit.

I would also suggest looking into a PA product like Tr1umph. I've really noticed PA help to give me good muscle fullness, and strength and power in the gym.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
It's a good carb source. I like the Orange Mango.
This. I've used it before when I was working/going to school full time and needed something easier to transport all day than a banana.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I have really enjoyed the orange flavor in the past. If Prefer SizeOn or Vitargo though. Carb10 by MTS looks intriguing, but I cannot speak from experience, as I have never used it.
I typically run Karbolyn and am running MTS Machine Carb 10 right now. I'm not usually one for these brands pushed by celebrity weightlifters, but the MTS products have good profiles for the most part. The MTS carbs are actually sourced from peas instead of the more common corn/rice. I find that it doesn't have the energy spike and crash like Karbolyn, and it tends to last the course of my 2-3 hour training sessions much better.

I can't say scientifically, but I have tried carb loading pre-workout with large amounts of fruit and rice. To me, it doesn't ward off muscle tiredness as well as a steady intake of carbs throughout the session, even with a "proper" pre-gym meal.

I also can't speak to flavor as I always get my carbs unflavored and mix with flavored aminos to make my intra. As for consistency, the Karbolyn is more grainy but mixes well after awhile in liquid. The MTS is chalky and doesn't mix much if at all. I just shake it before each sip.