Anyone else get nightmarish dreams from GABA?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been dosing 5g GABA pre bed with about 1g theanine. I consistently get nightmarish dreams. I have had so many throughout my life that they don't bother me anymore. Still, what do you think is the mechanism as to why GABA gives me nightmares? Does it give any of you odd dreams?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I take more than 750Mg of GABA I get shortness of breath. 5 Grams, holy cow.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dang what made u do that dosage ?

But nah none here .. Maybe here and there but usually it’s happy bonerfied dreams

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

But nah none here .. Maybe here and there but usually it’s happy bonerfied dreams

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I enjoy the flush, short term potential of increasing GH, and potential of increasing possibility of some crossing BBB.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn. I get restless leg syndrome effects at higher doses.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been dosing 5g GABA pre bed with about 1g theanine. I consistently get nightmarish dreams. I have had so many throughout my life that they don't bother me anymore. Still, what do you think is the mechanism as to why GABA gives me nightmares? Does it give any of you odd dreams?
Man, I wish!
I’m a vivid dreamer and I get bored sometimes with these regular dreams . nightmares would be a blessing HAHA

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m looking into GABA. Been hearing a lot about it for a while now.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you experiencing any other side effects from that high of a dose?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe increase of heart rate.
Well the stress of nightmares and increased heart rate might be releasing GH, so I guess there's that! Drugs like gabapentin can be used for nightmares associated with PTSD, so in theory GABA should help alleviate nightmares. However, if it's a bell curve sort of thing, you may have simply shot over the sweet spot.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well the stress of nightmares and increased heart rate might be releasing GH, so I guess there's that! Drugs like gabapentin can be used for nightmares associated with PTSD, so in theory GABA should help alleviate nightmares. However, if it's a bell curve sort of thing, you may have simply shot over the sweet spot.
Taking GABA orally definitely causes some type of reaction in the brain that's for sure, even if people say it is impossible to cross the BBB.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking GABA orally definitely causes some type of reaction in the brain that's for sure, even if people say it is impossible to cross the BBB.
Damn dude I want to take some of that GABA but not as a straight supplement. Dreams are so important to me!
Looking for some lucid sh*T man

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It likely does and anybody telling you differently hasn't read the research.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn dude I want to take some of that GABA but not as a straight supplement. Dreams are so important to me!
Looking for some lucid sh*T man
It's super cheap to buy GABA in bulk. Doesn't really taste bad or like anything. I find the flush, which is not extreme, pleasant.