Anyone else experimented with drinking more?

CNPJamie

CNPJamie

Awards
I know it's a silly question, but provided you rock something like CTD Lab's Liver Armor and chug water, the hangovers are negligible for me and life's pretty awesome. Big as ****, strong as hell, and training like a lunatic six to seven days a week- I've all but abandoned light days.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Definitely a silly question.

I've been downing 5-8 shots of liquor as soon as I get home from the gym at night for the past two months. Not enough to feel drunk by bedtime (tolerance is way up right after a workout... don't even get a buzz off like 4 shots), zero hangovers. Recovery and sleep both somewhat improved.

Animal Pak's got milk thistle, too.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
So liquor is the best supplement for recovery?

5x5er

Awards
Sadly, my drinking started long before I even knew what a barbell was. I've given up for a while to cut body fat along with APD.

Drinking post-workout is pretty awesome though. I recommend Templeton Rye.

87f

Awards
Normally chugging water is more than enough for me. If I ever do mixed drinks / hard cider(which is bomb), the sugar kills me more than anything.
In university now so basically drinking at least every weekend. If I had more money for vodka I'd drink more. I've never felt like the drinking has hindered lifting, but the late nights probably have.
Lol last party I went to I just carried my 5th around drinking out of the bottle. Was Pretty damn great.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I never get a hangover anyway
Currently cutting weight and dieting down hard but I have South Australia's Strongest Man u105kg on the 16th of February and I am 30kg underweight lol. Competing on the 1st February so will probably try hammering back vodka post workout in between these dates to see what happens

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
No, not really. I just drink because I like to drink. I'm under no impression that I'm doing anything good, or bad, for my training.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
R u guys for real ?!?! Wtf!!!
Lmao......
He's obviously working out this morning and binge drinking for the game

C'mon Magdalena aren't we all doing it? (Just kidding, I rarely ever drink, I'd rather eat 4000 calories in wings and chili)

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's obviously working out this morning and binge drinking for the game C'mon Magdalena aren't we all doing it? (Just kidding, I rarely ever drink, I'd rather eat 4000 calories in wings and chili)
Ha ha, yup, bring on the food ;)

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Did I ever drink in excess? Hell yeah!
Did I do drugs? Hell Fu¢kin yeah!
Did I at any point get told, read or even think it was a good idea? Hell no!

All the kids getting into working out these days, on top of all the kids into partying are going to see this as a green light... Fu¢kin genius!

JD261985

Banned
Awards
People are gonna look at OP's avatar and assume it's ok to use gear (orals too) and drink in excess. I really don't think that high levels of testosterone combined with drunken rage and beast like strength is ever a good idea. Before I started lifting I drank everyday and used lots of drugs and got into tons of trouble, ended up in the ER a few times and all the vomiting gave me GERD so I'm not a big fan of alcohol

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
People are gonna look at OP's avatar and assume it's ok to use gear (orals too) and drink in excess. I really don't think that high levels of testosterone combined with drunken rage and beast like strength is ever a good idea. Before I started lifting I drank everyday and used lots of drugs and got into tons of trouble, ended up in the ER a few times and all the vomiting gave me GERD so I'm not a big fan of alcohol
Same here dude... My digestive system is fu¢ked because of all the drug & alcohol abuse... Almost died once, but been in the emergency room multiple times... I don't have a problem with people doing either, but I have a problem with people repeating my mistakes... Not the dumb ones, but the ones that don't have any guidance & don't know any better...

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
If you're stupid enough to drink to excess while taking oral steroids long term you deserve to die
Cleanse the gene pool :)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
Wait, doesn't drinking make it more fun to give oral?
Nah. I am really good with my tongue and I drinking too much makes my movements less precise.

Oh, wait, then that means I have to stay down longer to get her off.

Okay, you're right...

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
For **** sake, do not use your tongue, it is not a lollypop
and after first blow, take it out your mouth or you're ruining it
but then clean up

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
Like I'm going to take p^$$y eating advice from the internet

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
What part of Vemont do you eat pu$$y in?

I'm from the Burlington area.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What part of Vemont do you eat pu$$y in?

I'm from the Burlington area.
No friggin' way! I used to live on Elmwood Ave. just past the post office at the top of Church Street. My wife and I live in Ferrisburgh now though. What about you?

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
Born in Burlington, raised in Colchester and Milton, and now I live in Fairfax.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Like I'm going to take p^$$y eating advice from the internet
Oh I thought you were talking about sucking a dick
I'm in the twilight zone atm

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
I guess all you Aussies are a bit different down there...

Triton64

Triton64

Awards
that sounds pretty phenomenal.
Drinking, training chaos and pain style (whatever you want as long as its crazy as balls and heavy as **** for 30-45 mins), and eating **** loads of meat, has made my gym time and meals something fun that I "get to" do, instead of before when it was something I "got to" do. Funny thing is I get better results this way too. Probably because when I get to choose every aspect then and there, its more fun and I put way more effort into it.

aquareef

Awards
I think it really just comes down to controlling yourself and being capable of monitoring how your body works and responds not only to the alcohol but also the habits you tend to employ during periods of alcohol consumption. When i get high, diet tends to go to **** even though it isnt directly the weed so i know if im cutting i can't be smoking, whereas i can have a drink or two without blowing multiple days worth of calories. I also tend to take some sort of liver support year round, other than that this is my take on the subject :p

Achillesbrah

Awards
I've experimented with alcohol pre and post workout. I have on occasion consumed vodka + ec pre-workout and every time I do it I have the best ****ing session of my life. I read somewhere that before a certain threshold the stimulant effects of alcohol are greater than the depressive, so I aim for a BAC of about .04 to .06. Every time I drink post-workout, as long as I drink enough water I'm also never sore. Alcohol seems to have the opposite effect on gains than people usually assert. I read a post by Alan Aragon where subjects who consumed alcohol vs. those who didn't maintained the same weight + muscle mass, even though the rest of their diet was calorically equal. It appears that as long as you train, alcohol isn't a bad thing - it could even be beneficial.