Anybody vape?

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The new shipping ban on vaping is coming on April 5th, so if you need vape supplies, stock up now. Vaping companies are looking into starting their own shipping companies, but that seems like a pipe dream to me.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The new shipping ban on vaping is coming on April 5th, so if you need vape supplies, stock up now. Vaping companies are looking into starting their own shipping companies, but that seems like a pipe dream to me.

why do you feel like you need to post links on EVERYTHING you post smdh
edit: and there is almost literally a vape shop on every corner!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IDK, I'd be more annoyed if he posted something like this without any proof. 🤷‍♂️

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d hate to see the douche flutes disappear, that would be an absolute travesty
I feel like this falls under the category of the government over-regulating something people have a right to do with their own bodies, out of existence. Or at least maybe trying to. How many people have this same take when they're after our supps?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel like this falls under the category of the government over-regulating something people have a right to do with their own bodies, out of existence. Or at least maybe trying to. How many people have this same take when they're after our supps?
Yeah, especially since this is about usage related instrument and not the substance itself. And the instrument in question enables less unhealthy way of consumption and using them is less disturbing to others, than more traditional way of consumption. Douche flutes is a funny quote though = )

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry I just really hate vapes. At least those stupid “mods” everyone in south Florida had while I lived there. I get what you’re saying though.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry I just really hate vapes. At least those stupid “mods” everyone in south Florida had while I lived there. I get what you’re saying though.
Understandable. I used to smoke and later vaped for a while but I would always find the most secluded way I could for both. Even as a smoker I hated when people smoked right in front of entrance (especially a restaurant)

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Understandable. I used to smoke and later vaped for a while but I would always find the most secluded way I could for both. Even as a smoker I hated when people smoked right in front of entrance (especially a restaurant)
That's just bad manners and not to do with what ever is being smoked. Many of my friends smoke tobacco a lot and I have no problem with it, but some people just pick the wrong time and places and pisses me off. I hate the smell of a burning tobacco if I can't get away from it.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Examine.com has a a whole article on nicotine and it's benefits.

Having said that, I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TAKING UP VAPING OR SMOKING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. If you're trying to quit smokng, vaping can be a great aid.

I agree it is a hipster thing, but it's just the next phase in nicotine - the world's most addictive drug. Add PG/VG with nicotine base or salt (I use salt because it gives me a major buzz when I take a hit) and inhale it as an aerosol. It should be less dangerous than smoking, but there have been no long term studies on vaping.

Having said that, yes they could absolutely ban supplements or certain supplements the same way. The way they are regulating this is by the ATF and if you break the rules and send vapes by mail you could go to prison for up to 3 years. So, vaping companies are trying to get together to come up with their own shipping company, to be able to ship the products around the country without government regulations.

It's obviously one of those "think of the children." type scenarios because kids can order vapes online. They could have easily setup a system whereby you just send them a copy of your drivers license, but nope, that wasn't good enough for the gubberment. They just threw the baby out with the bathwater and this is going to impact thousands of jobs and businesses.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Examine.com has a a whole article on nicotine and it's benefits.

Having said that, I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TAKING UP VAPING OR SMOKING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. If you're trying to quit smokng, vaping can be a great aid.

I agree it is a hipster thing, but it's just the next phase in nicotine - the world's most addictive drug. Add PG/VG with nicotine base or salt (I use salt because it gives me a major buzz when I take a hit) and inhale it as an aerosol. It should be less dangerous than smoking, but there have been no long term studies on vaping.

Having said that, yes they could absolutely ban supplements or certain supplements the same way. The way they are regulating this is by the ATF and if you break the rules and send vapes by mail you could go to prison for up to 3 years. So, vaping companies are trying to get together to come up with their own shipping company, to be able to ship the products around the country without government regulations.

It's obviously one of those "think of the children." type scenarios because kids can order vapes online. They could have easily setup a system whereby you just send them a copy of your drivers license, but nope, that wasn't good enough for the gubberment. They just threw the baby out with the bathwater and this is going to impact thousands of jobs and businesses.

Nicotine gives me bad acid reflux.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nicotine gives me bad acid reflux.
I wouldn't recommend it to you or anyone else. You become a slave to substance and that's never the way to go.

However, I choose to do it because I enjoy it. I'm an adult and I should be able to choose what I want to put in my body.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn't recommend it to you or anyone else. You become a slave to substance and that's never the way to go.

However, I choose to do it because I enjoy it. I'm an adult and I should be able to choose what I want to put in my body.
I get it. And agree, one should not be ruled or mastered by any substance, even caffeine. I like some of the stimulant benefits of nicotine, but the acid reflux issue was enough for me not to be addicted to it. I would randomly feel bloated, acidy, and like puking randomly throughout the day. Not a fun feeling.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Bingo and nearly 20 years after starting THC use now at 41.. it's been a mixed blessing as you noted. Also whaddup.. old board head here, finally back.