anybody regret taking a sarm?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Reading about sarms , gives me the impression that they are free from side effects.and a better option than aas.

In reality im curious to know if that is the case

which sarm did you take that you regret taking and why?

thanks

sespress

Awards
Not free from sides, not better than aas. You should read some more I forget which one it is but one of them has Vision side effects that seem to be transient but still. There's lethargy and some other common side effects that you might find with some AAS. The results of nowhere being near real AAS.

That's not to say these things don't have their place.

No I don't ever regret taking one but I definitely regret spending money on ostarine lol.

sespress

Awards
Also a lot of sarm information comes from these websites that also sell them - be very careful when taking advice from somebody that sells the product that they're giving you advice on.

Mykoe

Awards
I don't regret taking them. All though I wasn't too impressed with the effects. I regret spending the money on them.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also a lot of sarm information comes from these websites that also sell them - be very careful when taking advice from somebody that sells the product that they're giving you advice on.
Soooo. Every rep here?
:Afro:

Some sites have great information with cited studies.

AlwaysHungry1

AlwaysHungry1

Awards
The only sarm who worth the money in my opinion is LGD and only as a little spice on aas cycle because is susspesive . We don't know the long term side effects of sarm btw

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
No regret other than money spent..didn't notice anything on it

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone who says they didn't get results from a SARM either got low quality or didn't dose high enough.

Results from LGD start at 10mg a day
Same with RAD
YK11 needs to be ran almost as high as epistane 30-50mg a day to see hardening effects

All from personal experience

solidwon

Awards
I have run ostarine several times and have noticed a great leaning effect at 30mgs. I ran LGD and noticed nothing at ten. I recently ran yk11 at ten mg's daily and it made me noticeably larger and strength didn't change upon cessation of use. Perhaps if I dosed the yk11 higher I would have really enjoyed it but I don't take too much of anything as a rule.

I'm not a hard gainer and at 240 I'm not small so I never ran anything at really high dosages. All in all.... I find them to be a waste of time and money. Besides, when's the last time you seen someone pushing sarms that actually look like they are on anabolics?

agroupthink

agroupthink

Awards
  • Established
I love running osta on a cut to help retain lean mass.

Rad gave me huge lethargy.

I overall like sarms but you need to have realistic expectations and do research on what each does.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
I don't trust Sarms. Not enough research and all the research that has been done, has been at very low doses. I think people are going too hard and too fast on them.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reading about sarms , gives me the impression that they are free from side effects.and a better option than aas.

In reality im curious to know if that is the case

which sarm did you take that you regret taking and why?

thanks
That would depend on where you read your information. There are a few unscrupulous sites that market the hell out of them on site and on their message boards that would have you believe they do not effect your HPTA or have side effects. Of course if you read everywhere else, you would soon realize these few sites are just selling a product which either has to be under dosed and over priced, or something else.

As for the judgement of them being better than AAS, that's an open ticket for a discussion regarding proven versus non-proven except in individual cases which can range based on a persons ability to respond; their history; body composition; dosages; and a few other factors.

Your closing question is leading. Which SARM did you take that you regret and why? It leads me to believe you already have a negative to prove. How much do you know of SARMS? There is a very lengthy discussion on here. Maybe you've seen it, or not but here it is linked.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/270011-sarms-mk-gw.html

SirX

Awards
I took Rad 140 dosed at 20 mg and was shedding like mid 2nd week, ended the cycle at the end of week 3.
I did also stack it with Anamorelin tho, which is supposed to be similar to Mk 677.
I doubt the hair loss was from anamorelin tho

I actually felt amazing on it, outside of the occasional lethargy. The muscle fullness, and strength gains happened pretty fast. Felt amazing in the gym.

Tempted to hop back on just at 10mg standalone... but Im scared of the hair loss again. lol

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took Rad 140 dosed at 20 mg and was shedding like mid 2nd week, ended the cycle at the end of week 3.
I did also stack it with Anamorelin tho, which is supposed to be similar to Mk 677.
I doubt the hair loss was from anamorelin tho

I actually felt amazing on it, outside of the occasional lethargy. The muscle fullness, and strength gains happened pretty fast. Felt amazing in the gym.

Tempted to hop back on just at 10mg standalone... but Im scared of the hair loss again. lol
I can promise you that the hair shedding was not from RAD140.

RAD140 is one of the few SARMs out there that has clinical trials on women for breast tissue. The chemicals itself is very anti-androgenic. Yes it recomps the body like a DHT drug but it is in fact non-androgenic. It's rating is 90-1 I believe (anabolic/androgenic)

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Anyone who says they didn't get results from a SARM either got low quality or didn't dose high enough.

Results from LGD start at 10mg a day
Same with RAD
YK11 needs to be ran almost as high as epistane 30-50mg a day to see hardening effects

All from personal experience
I suspected I just got low quality

SirX

Awards
I can promise you that the hair shedding was not from RAD140.

RAD140 is one of the few SARMs out there that has clinical trials on women for breast tissue. The chemicals itself is very anti-androgenic. Yes it recomps the body like a DHT drug but it is in fact non-androgenic. It's rating is 90-1 I believe (anabolic/androgenic)

The only thing is, Im 99% positive the product I got is rad 140. The 1% being, I obviously don't have lab work to prove it.
My friend took the same product and got amazing results off it, with no hair loss.

Could the Rad have indirectly caused the hair loss?

The main thing I don't understand is the whole binding affinity between Rad to test and DHT.
Would love an explanation in layman terms lol

Someone explained it to me as that it binds more tightly to AR, where my natural test couldn't and is then converted to estrogen/dht.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only thing is, Im 99% positive the product I got is rad 140. The 1% being, I obviously don't have lab work to prove it.
My friend took the same product and got amazing results off it, with no hair loss.

Could the Rad have indirectly caused the hair loss?

The main thing I don't understand is the whole binding affinity between Rad to test and DHT.
Would love an explanation in layman terms lol

Someone explained it to me as that it binds more tightly to AR, where my natural test couldn't and is then converted to estrogen/dht.
That actually makes a lot of sense and every human body reacts differently. But at the end of the day, rad is rad and it emits the same effects in itself. What your body does with it is another story

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
I like Lgd but Ostarine didn't impress me much.
IMO osta only is useful in conjunction with another substance. I.e. Epi Andro. Also it's best ran at low doses (10-20mg) over a long period of time (12-16weeks)

sespress

Awards
You know I've been wondering - is any particular SARM hepatoxic ? I'm sure they have nothing on 17a methyls but it's any one of them know to liver enzymes jacked up?

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know I've been wondering - is any particular SARM hepatoxic ? I'm sure they have nothing on 17a methyls but it's any one of them know to liver enzymes jacked up?
Studies show minimal damage. No more than Tylenol lol

Thegoodthebad

Thegoodthebad

Awards
I certainly don't regret it, but one needs to know it's nothing magical. Ostarine alone doesn't do much for most people.
When looking for my first AAS cycle (next september) I realized it's much cheaper than sarms and much better in terms of results (look at the logs).
Keep in mind that most sarms stacks will cost a sh** ton of money for just one cycle.

I started with ostarine as my first non-natty supplement and I was quite pleased with it. I took the liquid form because the bioavailability is better with liquid osta, but that thing is expensive and only provides enough of the chem for 8 weeks (any cycle longer than that will require another bottle). For relatively the same price as 1 bottle of osta I saw that I could get almost 20 weeks worth of injectable Test at 500mg/week (more than enough).

With SARMS you need a regular on-cycle supplement, good diet, no AI is needed and a complete PCT, which doesn't sound expensive, but most of the money goes into those expensive SARMS.

With an AAS you need a good diet, something to keep blood pressure in check in case your heart starts pumping too much, an AI to keep your estrogen levels on the low side, a good diet and a complete PCT, which may sound expensive but not that much since you get more for your money.

If you look at prohormones then you need a very good on-cycle supplement for your liver (a regular on-cycle supp + TUDCA is what I'd go with), a good diet, something for blood pressure, a AI is absolutely necessary because if you're taking epistane then a estro rebound is most certainly going to happen and you need a complete PCT. Prohormones are considered as the "cheap" alternative (not so cheap), but the side effects are also pretty strong so most professionals tend to stay away from those compounds.

I wont go into specifics in terms of prices, but an AAS cycle with Test, Tbol, Arimidex, Nolva and clomid would be almost half the price you'd pay for a stack of liquid SARMS without including your SERMS in the price. (PS if your liquid sarm is very-very cheap then it most likely not dosed as labeled or there's no SARM in that bottle)

Keep in mind that many online stores don't actually put SARMS in their pills and they put a mild prohormone like epistane instead. That's why you can find ostarine for under 30$ in pills form, because there's no ostarine in that thing but rather a low dosed PH. Should you choose to go with pills rather than liquid i'd suggest you do a lot of research about your source. Imagine thinking you're taking LGD and you end up taking Tren or Superdrol... that can mess you up because you're not going to be prepared for the side effects.

The logs tell you everything you need to know.
Results : AAS > PH > SARMS
Side effects : PH > AAS > SARMS
Costs : SARMS > PH >= AAS
Speedy recovery : SARMS > AAS > PH (prohormones are harsher than injectables)

sespress

Awards
Yeah I'd add also that a good diet is an absolute must regardless of your drug of choice here. Not just calories but good food choices, and quality food. You might not want to go crazy and start counting macros but you could and you'd probably do even better.

I'm pretty sure that there are some pH or AAS out there that are powerful but that you can take and get results only similar to that of a 8 week ostarine run - because your diet sucks. Like trying to bulk up on a 2k Cal a day diet even maintenance is 2k. You're not going to get what it could do, you need to fuel the reactor.

I understand some stacks are forgiving with the diet, but really if your diet is chick fillet 3 meals a day and beer with ice cream and a ****ing half tub of peanut butter.... For 5k a day and your maintainance is 2k your not on a cut right, but also the food choices are so bad I bet you'd just get real fat under whatever muscle you do build. You'd "bulk" but uh yeah.

That's a gross overexaggeration/should be obvious but you get the idea. Bad diet, bad results. Some things more than others. I mean you'll blow up on sdrol practically no matter what. I did back when I was nice a poor, just ate eggs. Gained a ton of Mass.

This is for 90% of us, we've all got that one buddy right, eats whatever looks amazing? For us non superheros it's really important.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always end up regretting Ostarine. Simply because I can feel the suppression while the benefits are subtle at best.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If YK11 is similar to a DHT, does it squash estrogen? Basically I'm asking if it needs a test base?

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If YK11 is similar to a DHT, does it squash estrogen? Basically I'm asking if it needs a test base?
I would say it emits the same characteristics as DHT, but it will surely shut you down as does anything that tightly binds to the AR

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is the best description of YK-11 I have found..

https://www.quora.com/What-should-I-know-about-YK11

For me, it acts more like a progestin than a DHT based pro hormone (which is more accurately what YK-11 is)

I don't have any blood work, but it definitely did not seem to have any impact on estrogen. In fact, my joints felt great and I experienced an increase in bloat, which is also a common attribute of progestins. Others have reported the same increase in bloat and you would not feel like you are using something like epi-andro at all which typically reduces bloat. However, the pumps, recovery, and endurance are amazing!

As far as a test base, some transdermal DHEA never hurts..

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would say it emits the same characteristics as DHT, but it will surely shut you down as does anything that tightly binds to the AR
That's the catch with this one though, it does not tightly bind....just partially. Something stronger cruising by can displace it.

Thegoodthebad

Thegoodthebad

Awards
I read that an independent lab ran tests on YK11 in pills form and none of the bottles of they tested had real YK11 in them. I'd be very careful with that one, BUT I can't speak from experience.