Any way to target getting rid of belly fat a little better?

alewisdvm

Awards
SW: 176
CW: 159
Body fat: last checked about 16%
Height 5'9"

Cardio about 5x/week. usually about 50-60minutes elliptical. sometimes with mild resistance all the way, and some are HIIT.
Weight training 2-3x/week.

So, doing great with weight loss, mostly by eating wiser and keeping a caloric deficit of about 500-600 calories/day, with a cheat day every so often.

Hoping for any suggestions on how to target abdominal fat better, or just keep doing what I am doing.
I did take African mango for about a month, and currently on a diet stack from fitness labs with EGCG, bitter orange, tyrosine, cocoa extract.

Help with belly fat?
Thanks

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Get down to around 10% or less and you wont have a problem with belly fat. At 12-13% you should start feeling more comfortable in your body. That's about it ... can't target fat loss. So just keep on doing what you're doing

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Are you losing weight still? You can't target particular areas for weight loss. Your body will just have some areas that will hold on to fat the longest. If you aren't losing weight, you need to tweak your diet. Need more info...

In the mean time, you might want to check out my blog. I've written a few articles about this very topic that you may find helpful: http://www.rawfitnessblog.com

alewisdvm

Awards
Thank you both.
I'll also take a look at the article.

Yes, I am still losing weight and still shooting for about 1 pound to maybe 1.5 pounds/week loss.

I am not even necessarily shooting for the "cut" look, but I think that was very helpful what you said about the comfort level at 12-13%. I think that is actually my target and I didn't really know it.

I do intend to start a bulk cycle, but wanted to really shed the belly fat first.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
You're doing the right thing by losing the weight first before you start trying to "bulk." If you are still losing weight, just roll with it. You can't choose where your body is losing fat, so just keep it up and you will get there soon enough!

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
You're doing the right thing by losing the weight first before you start trying to "bulk." If you are still losing weight, just roll with it. You can't choose where your body is losing fat, so just keep it up and you will get there soon enough!
So iyo its better to cut down before a bulk? I'm prob round 10-11% with a gut. I just started a bulk what u think