Unanswered Any way to reduce heart rate after pre workout supplement?

S

Scott-b1985

Awards
Hi guys

Recently been taking a pre workout that i am very happy with. Only downside is my heart rate is sitting 100 - 110 for 5? Hours after my workout.

Any supplements that would help reduce this? I train 5 times a week so take the pre 5 times.

I do have beta blockers in hand but not sure if this is risky? I know some people take beta blockers with Adderal?

Anything else to stop my heart pounding out my chest? Or will Propanalol (Beta blockers) be ok?

Thanks

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’d say cut back. Why put a band aid on a problem as silly as this?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Take a non-stimulant PWO. Otherwise this is like asking how to not get wet while you shower.
Agreed with this. I'd go with a non stim pre workout. High Volume by PES is one option that I like.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d try some L theanine. I personally think adding some SNS Stress & Anxiety here would work wonders for you, which contains l Theanine as well as other adaptogens to help with relaxation. I love taking it after a tough afternoon workout to help wind down. Give it a shot.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
L theanine (can help cut some negative caff sides)
And
rutaecarpine (will get caffeine out of your body faster)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No so long ago folks had better workouts without stims and having to counteract the stims... I cant believe I am reading this stuff.
Pretty crazy predicament we are in these days.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, um, what exactly do you think the pre does for you if your heart is pounding out of your chest? I would think that would be possibly distracting and likely it would make working out harder, not easier. But...hey....I never got the pre thing really.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
L theanine (can help cut some negative caff sides)
And
rutaecarpine (will get caffeine out of your body faster)
Neither of those will do anything for his issue.

OP nothing outside of a drug like a beta blocker or ACE type II inhibitor will do much. Or any downers really.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Take a non-stimulant PWO. Otherwise this is like asking how to not get wet while you shower.

OP nothing outside of a drug like a beta blocker or ACE type II inhibitor will do much. Or any downers really.
He's just looking for a good speedball

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

He's just looking for a good speedball
Well horses for courses, if i've worked a 13 hour day then want to train with intensity a PWO is mandatory for me. However, I will use an amount of stims that doesn't overstimulate my CNS...OP ever considered using a lower dose?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Theanine will make him less anxious on caff and the other herb will cause the caffeine to metabolize faster thus reducing his heart rate to normal levels sooner than normal.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Whenever I take to much Caffiene and feel jitters/rapid heart rate/anxiety. I always take a 400mg magnesium pill, A big cup of milk and a banana. Those are my go too's. magnesium and potassium are proven to have a wear off effect on caffiene.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You really have to feel your body out and know what amount effects you and home. Adjust from there. Time will be really the only way to reduce effects of caffeine

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Theanine will make him less anxious on caff and the other herb will cause the caffeine to metabolize faster thus reducing his heart rate to normal levels sooner than normal.
Not sure what feeling anxious has to do with reducing his elevated pulse and clearance of stims?

So preloaded for 3 days of ~1g Rutaecarpine (HED) increased metabolism of caffeine in rats.. Hows that going to help after someone has used a PWO? let alone only studied in rats and that dosage being ridiculous?

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oddly enough, cardio. Carditone also works very well and fast.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d try some L theanine. I personally think adding some SNS Stress & Anxiety here would work wonders for you, which contains l Theanine as well as other adaptogens to help with relaxation. I love taking it after a tough afternoon workout to help wind down. Give it a shot.

S

Scott-b1985

Awards
Alright guys

I have tried non stim pre's and i don't get any kick off them.

I stopped taking pre workouts for months and then i gave one a go and my workouts have been incredible again. So i would rather workout with no pre than a stim free one. Which i done for months prior.

Just thought i would ask as i really enjoy this pre workout and it has made a huge impact on my training recently. Obviously with anything that gives a 'high' has negatives but it is part of the game.

I don't smoke or drink and have a very good diet so overall i am healthy. Just wanted to see if their was any supplements just to reduce the heart rate a little.

I will try some magnesium + L theanine and see how this goes. I do have beta blockers but just wanted a more natural route.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well if it’s non stop then you probably won’t get the kick, but the kick is what bothers you so I’m not sure why you would keep using something that causes so many issues. I’d either cut the dosage or find one that includes the same ingredients but less stims

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not sure what feeling anxious has to do with reducing his elevated pulse and clearance of stims?

So preloaded for 3 days of ~1g Rutaecarpine (HED) increased metabolism of caffeine in rats.. Hows that going to help after someone has used a PWO? let alone only studied in rats and that dosage being ridiculous?
Go look up peoples experience with it. People take it before bed after having lots if caffeine throughout the day, and to their experience it metabolizes the caffeine fats enough to allow then to be able to rest properly. I read also that mice and humans metabolize caffeine similarly.

O

OutOfStep

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A little cannabis sativa is the best pre there is and probably safer than the candy flavored bathtub crank you're drinking now.

S

Scott-b1985

Awards
Well if it’s non stop then you probably won’t get the kick, but the kick is what bothers you so I’m not sure why you would keep using something that causes so many issues. I’d either cut the dosage or find one that includes the same ingredients but less stims
So many issues?

I mentioned one issue.. Increased heart rate......

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So many issues?

I mentioned one issue.. Increased heart rate......
Which in and of itself it one but it can cause a lot of other issues, especially if it keeps you up at night.

S

Scott-b1985

Awards
Sleep isn't an issue was just the after effect of the workout and my heart rate sitting high. I train early on so the Pre is fully out my system before night.. Can sleep no issues. Was just the heart rate buddy

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sleep isn't an issue was just the after effect of the workout and my heart rate sitting high. I train early on so the Pre is fully out my system before night.. Can sleep no issues. Was just the heart rate buddy
Ah my bad

J

jpgabrano

Awards
What is your resting heart rate on days you do not take a Pre workout? I would be concerned that there is some other underlying condition or the Pre has some ingredient that is not on label.

B

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What was the pre workout called if you don’t mind me asking

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Alright guys

I have tried non stim pre's and i don't get any kick off them.

I stopped taking pre workouts for months and then i gave one a go and my workouts have been incredible again. So i would rather workout with no pre than a stim free one. Which i done for months prior.

Just thought i would ask as i really enjoy this pre workout and it has made a huge impact on my training recently. Obviously with anything that gives a 'high' has negatives but it is part of the game.

I don't smoke or drink and have a very good diet so overall i am healthy. Just wanted to see if their was any supplements just to reduce the heart rate a little.

I will try some magnesium + L theanine and see how this goes. I do have beta blockers but just wanted a more natural route.
I’ve had lower heart rate on VASO6, that’s with an over dose on stims and all out cardio, now when I mentioned it I remembered that I’m out and I need to order some for just this, VASO6 never gave me pump, I like how low my heart rate is during cardio while on though.

Last edited:
J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Knock back a couple brews after. Lol Seriously though strong atoms are going to do that. Only option would be to switch it out for something else.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Supplements 14
P Supplements 2
P Supplements 1
C Supplements 28
u_e_s_i Supplements 14