Any trainers here have advice on getting started?

tylerpc73

Awards
Hey guys, I have been lifting for years now and I am finally ready to take the plunge into a career as a personal trainer. I have been reading on this forum for years but have never really participated until now. I know a lot of members here are personal trainers so I thought this would be a great place to ask. Through the research I have done I have only come up with the more questions about how to get started. How did you guys get started? Did you shadow a personal trainer? The more I research on the available certifications, the more confused I get. My personal training for myself is very bodybuilding centric. Is there a certification that matches well with the knowledge that I already know? Are there any tips that you have for beginners but you wish that you knew when you get started? I am a complete beginner to this. Any help would be great, I love this forum and have learned so much from this community already!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well how old are you?

tylerpc73

Awards
I just turned 30 years old. Why does that matter?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Following this cause i would like to have info on this myself. Ive always wanted to be a personal trainer.

bradray5871

Awards
Two most important things imo to becoming a trainer are 1: having a nice physique and 2: being versatile in training methods ( e.g. know hypertrophy training, strength training, cardio, crossfit, yoga etc ) because you never know what goals the person has who walks into your door. Good luck, sounds like a very rewarding business venture!