Any supps to reduce on cycle night sweats?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am running transdermal Trest and am having bad night sweats. Sometimes sweat through two tee shirts a night and soak the mattress and get woken up 2 times a night. Are there any supplements that might reduce this?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s terrible bro! Really pissed the wife off too since we just purchased a new bed like a couple months ago!
Yeah .... I run a little hot anyway.

Not fun!

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s terrible bro! Really pissed the wife off too since we just purchased a new bed like a couple months ago!
Get a waterproof mattress protector. They're fairly cheap and can be put through the washing machine. As for stopping the night sweats, this is usually caused by high estradiol. Have you done blood work?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Get a waterproof mattress protector. They're fairly cheap and can be put through the washing machine. As for stopping the night sweats, this is usually caused by high estradiol. Have you done blood work?
Ya we are going to buy one of those. No I haven’t had bloodwork since I started my cycle, but I don’t think that is it because I have no other symptoms of high estradiol like water retention, bloating, itchy nips, etc. Plus I am taking 30 mg Epistane which I would think would keep estradiol in check since it is a DHT.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya we are going to buy one of those. No I haven’t had bloodwork since I started my cycle, but I don’t think that is it because I have no other symptoms of high estradiol like water retention, bloating, itchy nips, etc. Plus I am taking 30 mg Epistane which I would think would keep estradiol in check since it is a DHT.
Ok, adrenal fatigue perhaps? I still suggest bloods.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It COULD be Estrogen related, but a lot of compounds (especially a lot of orals) really rev up your metabolism, which creates heat.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It COULD be Estrogen related, but a lot of compounds (especially a lot of orals) really rev up your metabolism, which creates heat.
Ya I have had this problem before with other orals that didn’t aromatize, but never this bad. Sucky thing is my understanding is Trest converts to methyl estrogen which wouldn’t show up on an estradiol blood test anyway.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya I have had this problem before with other orals that didn’t aromatize, but never this bad. Sucky thing is my understanding is Trest converts to methyl estrogen which wouldn’t show up on an estradiol blood test anyway.
Just like running tren and tren-like compounds. I have pillows and sheets meant for hot runners and blast my AC. It's all I've found to help, but then I just wake up cold and wet 😂

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
usefully these are also beneficial for bedtime water sports......which being on trest is probably making you want to indulge in 🤣🤣

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
usefully these are also beneficial for bedtime water sports......which being on trest is probably making you want to indulge in 🤣🤣
That's honestly why I had mine. This is the first I've ever actually slept in it. Usually, it's on the bed and then back off again within a couple hours!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just like running tren and tren-like compounds. I have pillows and sheets meant for hot runners and blast my AC. It's all I've found to help, but then I just wake up cold and wet 😂
I just wonder why it makes me sweat exclusively when I am sleeping, but during the day I don’t see an increase in sweating even when lifting or doing cardio either or if I take a nap during the day for a couple of hours.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just wonder why it makes me sweat exclusively when I am sleeping, but during the day I don’t see an increase in sweating even when lifting or doing cardio either or if I take a nap during the day for a couple of hours.
Same here. I think it's the drop in blood sugar while sleeping. I find that eating right before sleeping helps, though it doesn't completely solve the issue.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same here. I think it's the drop in blood sugar while sleeping. I find that eating right before sleeping helps, though it doesn't completely solve the issue.
Ya that could be it because yesterday was my carb refeed so I ate late into the night and barely even sweat. Other days I am on a low
carb cut so I only drink a protein shake before
bed and have been sweating my as$ off!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today is a high carb day too so I will report back on here tomorrow as to if there is much sweating.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I notice when GH and IGF is higher, a long with a lot of androgens in your body, you get hotter in the night (your strongest GH pulse), and in a fasted state, your metabolism is way high.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hahaha I don't even need to see the name above the post with content like this as I immediately know it must be @Whisky
😁

I have an idea

Just put a nylon sheet over your sheets and sleep on it

Then in the morning you just rinse it with the hose in the yard

Plus since your skin on your back won't be able to perspirate you will sweat even more which will in turn dehydrate you so if you are cutting it will give you false hope that you are going in the right direction

But hey hope is hope

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I notice when GH and IGF is higher, a long with a lot of androgens in your body, you get hotter in the night (your strongest GH pulse), and in a fasted state, your metabolism is way high.
Many will say bs... But mk677 revs up my metabolism so fast that it's really hard to put on weight... And I run at 37.3C (99F) in The evening

I can srs eat like 800g of carbs

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This must be it. Yesterday was another carb refeed day and I didn’t sweat last night so that makes no sweating on two consecutive nights with carb refeeds. The other 5 days I eat less than 50 grams of carbs a day and sweat my as$ off. Can these compounds contribute to a low blood sugar situation?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
This must be it. Yesterday was another carb refeed day and I didn’t sweat last night so that makes no sweating on two consecutive nights with carb refeeds. The other 5 days I eat less than 50 grams of carbs a day and sweat my as$ off. Can these compounds contribute to a low blood sugar situation?
Yes, absolutely they can! You are cranking your metabolism to 11! If you don't add more calories and carbs, your blood sugar will drop. Especially while at rest. Are you getting light headed when standing after rest periods during the day?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, absolutely they can! You are cranking your metabolism to 11! If you don't add more calories and carbs, your blood sugar will drop. Especially while at rest. Are you getting light headed when standing after rest periods during the day?
Exactly, I found out this was the cause of mild panic attacks I would get from dosing mk677 before bed few hours later I would wake up feeling weak very weak pulse and feelings of anxiety, a bit of cold sweat sometines

I would always be fine after eating some bread

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Many will say bs... But mk677 revs up my metabolism so fast that it's really hard to put on weight... And I run at 37.3C (99F) in The evening

I can srs eat like 800g of carbs
Absolutely. Happens every time using MK, when my blood sugar drops, GH pulse hits, and I feel warmer, and even my head feels warmer.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No not getting light headed at all.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Probably add a slice of bread to my diet before bed time and hopefully that will get rid of the sweats.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are sleeping naked/cool minimal undies and without covers I assume, and using a fan on you, right?

Gotta at least maximize your airflow to speed drying and keep you cooler.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are sleeping naked/cool minimal undies and without covers I assume, and using a fan on you, right?

Gotta at least maximize your airflow to speed drying and keep you cooler.
No not naked. I am a germ phone and dont want as$ funk on the bed. Air conditioner is on 67 degrees and fan is on as well. I honestly think it is just blood sugar being low due to the Trest combined with a low carb cyclical ketogenic diet with eating less than 50 gram carbs on low carb day. On carb refeed days no sweat so that has to be the problem. Gonna add a slice of bread to the diet each night before bed and hopefully that helps.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No not naked. I am a germ phone and dont want as$ funk on the bed. Air conditioner is on 67 degrees and fan is on as well. I honestly think it is just blood sugar being low due to the Trest combined with a low carb cyclical ketogenic diet with eating less than 50 gram carbs on low carb day. On carb refeed days no sweat so that has to be the problem. Gonna add a slice of bread to the diet each night before bed and hopefully that helps.
I’m sure it is. I slept like ass on cyclical keto. Stupid ass diet. Anyway, I mean you need a fan on high pointed directly on you, not just a ceiling fan. And I do not even usually use a sheet on me in summer. It blocks a ton of airflow.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m sure it is. I slept like ass on cyclical keto. Stupid ass diet. Anyway, I mean you need a fan on high pointed directly on you, not just a ceiling fan. And I do not even usually use a sheet on me in summer. It blocks a ton of airflow.
What would be better to maintain blood sugar at an elevated level longer, whole wheat bread which is lower on the glycemic index or white bread which will initially spike the blood sugar level up (not sure if it would subsequently quickly crash down)?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
What would be better to maintain blood sugar at an elevated level longer, whole wheat bread which is lower on the glycemic index or white bread which will initially spike the blood sugar level up (not sure if it would subsequently quickly crash down)?
You want low glycemic index foods. This will help to keep the blood sugar up through the night when your digestive system is running slower.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You want low glycemic index foods. This will help to keep the blood sugar up through the night when your digestive system is running slower.
^This. I mean this is a good rule in general when digestion isn’t a consideration. 2/3 a sweet potato would be better than either for ~15g carbs, and 1/4 cup or so of oats even slower (for me at least; I digest them poorly and slowly).

You could add some oats to your nightcap protein powder serving and make warm proats or just a thick pudding based on mood.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Drink ice water ? 🤷‍♂️
I can't count how many times I would wake up drenched in sweat at some odd hour or even just falling like a sleep thinking how the best thing to do would be to drag my ass to the beach for a night swim to cool off in Nice cool seawater

But I know if I did that I wouldn't be able to sleep the rest of the night

Once I get up I can't fall asleep again

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^This. I mean this is a good rule in general when digestion isn’t a consideration. 2/3 a sweet potato would be better than either for ~15g carbs, and 1/4 cup or so of oats even slower (for me at least; I digest them poorly and slowly).

You could add some oats to your nightcap protein powder serving and make warm proats or just a thick pudding based on mood.
Ate a slice of sprouted grain bread (similar to Ezekiel bread) right before bead with my shake. Glycemic index in the thirties. It cut down on the swearing significantly, but not completely. May bump it up to two slices tomorrow and see if that further improves the situation.. Don’t want to go over that because then I might not be able to get into Ketosis plus I am cutting so trying to limit calories. I can live with the limited sweat I had last night.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bumped up my sprouted grain bread to two slices before bed last night and the sweating is almost completely gone. Didn’t wake me up in the middle of the night like it had been doing.