Any protein that taste as amazing as Spartan Nutrition whey?

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
Just got a tub in last week and I cant remember the last time Ive actually enjoyed drinking my protein, without having to make a shake out of it with bananas/pb/milk etc.

ON whey was terrible, but Id just ended chugging it down, wasnt bad but wasnt enjoyable.

Anything else I can try?

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
PES Select is great. Their Snickerdoodle flavor is a long time favorite of many around here.

Ghost puts out some great tasting protein as well. Their Chips Ahoy and Nutter Butter are fantastic; they just released an Oreo flavor that I’m sure is just as good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What specific flavor or flavors are you referring to?
This would help us out greatly.

There is a large list of brands with great-tasting protein that are also 3rd party tested and verified.
Unfortunately, Spartan whey has been out of business for years, and most of the tubs you may be getting are close to expiration since they closed doors quite a while ago.

Some of the fan favorites here, and many of them offer samples on their webpage, so you can try before investing in full-size tubs:

PEScience
Ghost
Nutrabio
Astroflav
MuscleSport
Morphogen Nutrition
Axe & Sledge
Nutrex
Dymatize
MTS Nutrition

These are just a few off the top of my head, but all of these brands make incredible products. You should find something here to suit your needs.

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
PES Select is great. Their Snickerdoodle flavor is a long time favorite of many around here.

Ghost puts out some great tasting protein as well. Their Chips Ahoy and Nutter Butter are fantastic; they just released an Oreo flavor that I’m sure is just as good.
pes definitely tastes very good, but Spartan protein is on a whole other level

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
What specific flavor or flavors are you referring to?
This would help us out greatly.

There is a large list of brands with great-tasting protein that are also 3rd party tested and verified.
Unfortunately, Spartan whey has been out of business for years, and most of the tubs you may be getting are close to expiration since they closed doors quite a while ago.

Some of the fan favorites here, and many of them offer samples on their webpage, so you can try before investing in full-size tubs:

PEScience
Ghost
Nutrabio
Astroflav
MuscleSport
Morphogen Nutrition
Axe & Sledge
Nutrex
Dymatize
MTS Nutrition

These are just a few off the top of my head, but all of these brands make incredible products. You should find something here to suit your needs.
Ive tried the cinnamon toast flavor, I actually look forward to drinking it. first time for me. Normally I just chug my protein and try not to taste it.
Wow didnt know about spartan going out of business, Ill check out the ghost link u sent me!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
IML has some great tasting protein, their vanilla is definitely my favorite so far and I've tried a lot. Gonna try PES Select next since I keep hearing good things about it..

Also GAF has a peanut butter chocolate one that taste amazing.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you like Cinnamon from Sparta

PES - SnickerDoodle
Ghost - Cinnamon Cereal Milk
Dymatize - Cinnamon Bun
Nutrabio - Cinnamon Sugar Donut
Quest - Cinnamon Crunch
Ryse - Cinnamon Toast
MuscleSport - CinnaCrunch
@DieselNY has a Cinnamon Roll protein from his Ketogenics line which is also a good product

These would all be very good choices.

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
If you like Cinnamon from Sparta

PES - SnickerDoodle
Ghost - Cinnamon Cereal Milk
Dymatize - Cinnamon Bun
Nutrabio - Cinnamon Sugar Donut
Quest - Cinnamon Crunch
Ryse - Cinnamon Toast
MuscleSport - CinnaCrunch
@DieselNY has a Cinnamon Roll protein from his Ketogenics line which is also a good product

These would all be very good choices.
THANK YOU! which ones do you think are fairly prices? I wanted to get the ghost cereal milk, but its $40 for 25 servings, compared to spartan $25 for 27 servings. Still ordered a sample though

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
THANK YOU! which ones do you think are fairly prices? I wanted to get the ghost cereal milk, but its $40 for 25 servings, compared to spartan $25 for 27 servings. Still ordered a sample though
Well, you get what you pay for.
The reason Sparta is so cheap is that it's been out of business for years, and that is why the tubs are on the lower end for price. If you are always going to chase the "best" deal it may not always yield the "best" tasting. Just my 2 cents for you here.
I would try to grab some samples from these companies and form the best conclusion

Asking us what will be "best" for your taste buds is all subjective and honestly nobody can give you that answer. Everything we will advise is a guideline where it will have to be fine-tuned to your liking.

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
Well, you get what you pay for.
The reason Sparta is so cheap is that it's been out of business for years, and that is why the tubs are on the lower end for price. If you are always going to chase the "best" deal it may not always yield the "best" tasting. Just my 2 cents for you here.
I would try to grab some samples from these companies and form the best conclusion

Asking us what will be "best" for your taste buds is all subjective and honestly nobody can give you that answer. Everything we will advise is a guideline where it will have to be fine-tuned to your liking.
yea definitely figured the price was too good after u said they went out of business lol so I was comparing prices based on not knowing.
I ordered some samples, and will prob get some 2lb tubs of the ones that dont offer samples.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ghost and mts whey are good.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I too used to love and support Spartan, definitely great taste. I know there’s a lot of hype over Ghost and there’s good reason for that. Chips ahoy is my all time favorite protein. Recently, I tried the new Oreo flavor and it doesn’t disappoint. It’s definitely a little pricier but I’m sure there’s something in your life you can spend less on to make up for it. For me it’s energy drinks haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ghost Blueberry Toaster Pastry is my favorite, the Nutter Butters is also at the top of my list. I can't wait to try the New Ghost Oreo.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ghost Blueberry Toaster Pastry is my favorite, the Nutter Butters is also at the top of my list. I can't wait to try the New Ghost Oreo.
Ghost product labels and flavors are on point for sure!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im on the SELECT bandwagon and enjoy all their flavors. Havent gotten hold of the new Cookies & Cream yet but looking forward to it.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Spartan Protein (I haven't had it) is super cheap...and supposedly tastes the best...

giving me flashbacks of Muscle Gauge Cinnamon Roll...lol. Had like 2grams Protein and 56grams sugar after being tested.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Spartan.jpg

I bought a few of tubs Spartan protein !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
3 MGN.jpg
Sparta.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, the Cinnamon was good!

Spartan.jpg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Now that would be good to blend up a little cinnamon toast crunch cereal in the shake for some extra cals and sweetness.
They had very good flavored protein, too bad they are gone ?????

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
They had very good flavored protein, too bad they are gone ?????
I know so unfortunate. Looked into it and I guess they just went AWOL. guess ill be buying what I can from amazon while they still stock it. Unless the ones recommended to me here are just as good

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know so unfortunate. Looked into it and I guess they just went AWOL. guess ill be buying what I can from amazon while they still stock it. Unless the ones recommended to me here are just as good
Those are prob close to expired or expired
Amazon has sent out expired products many times
Take caution

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would not be afraid of expired protein, unless it was way out of date

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would not be afraid of expired protein, unless it was way out of date
Same here. I'll usually use it up to 6 months past the expiration assuming smell and consistency is still normal.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wait, Spartan stopping making the most tastiest protein top seller? But why?

Is there....protein in it? lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer