Any Opinions of Ozempic Use?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

My doctor just gave me Ozempic to lose weight.

1. I will see what happens. If no bad side effects, I will take for the rest of my life.

2. My guess is the four principles of fat loss are the same:

a. Diet (Caloric Deficit)
b. Resistance Training
c. Formal Cardio
d. NEAT/Informal Cardio

3. Practically, I hope this takes down the cravings for huge portions of carbs.

I can still eat proteins, vegetables, and some carbs. But, hopefully, the entire total daily caloric intake will be much less.

4. Any opinions, etc.?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This has been talked about in the anabolics section. I can tell you I know someone close to me who tried it and it was extremely effective at suppressing appetite and losing weight but gave them big stomach issues. They had constant diarrhea. Some people don't have that issue though. I think the dosage can play into that as well depending on how much you're taking.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am on week 7 and the stuff for me is awful. I always feel nauseous and have weekly diarrhea. you have to drink water to combat the dehydration. it does curb my appetite though the cost is steep.
I got lassoed into it by my wife. she is experiencing the same things I am but to a lesser extent.
last week I backed my dosage off a hair and while I felt better, I ate far more.

so, I would have to think that mentally after some time you're going to associate food with nausea and probably eat less just from the bad memories and PTSD this stuff causes.

we have another 60 days paid for, so I can't say whether or not we continue to use it. I have lost about 7 pounds so far.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am on week 7 and the stuff for me is awful. I always feel nauseous and have weekly diarrhea. you have to drink water to combat the dehydration. it does curb my appetite though the cost is steep.
I got lassoed into it by my wife. she is experiencing the same things I am but to a lesser extent.
last week I backed my dosage off a hair and while I felt better, I ate far more.

so, I would have to think that mentally after some time you're going to associate food with nausea and probably eat less just from the bad memories and PTSD this stuff causes.

we have another 60 days paid for, so I can't say whether or not we continue to use it. I have lost about 7 pounds so far.
I think they're starting people out on this at way too high of a dose. I know it sounds like diarrhea isn't such a bad side effect but it was so bad it turned my friend's life upside down. It prevented him from being able to workout, go on trips, everywhere he was he would need to locate a toilet nearby. But people do respond differently so you never know. But this seems to be a common side effect and seems to ease a bit at lower doses. Probably want to start low to assess your tolerance to it.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Everyone,

My doctor just gave me Ozempic to lose weight.

1. I will see what happens. If no bad side effects, I will take for the rest of my life.

2. My guess is the four principles of fat loss are the same:

a. Diet (Caloric Deficit)
b. Resistance Training
c. Formal Cardio
d. NEAT/Informal Cardio

3. Practically, I hope this takes down the cravings for huge portions of carbs.

I can still eat proteins, vegetables, and some carbs. But, hopefully, the entire total daily caloric intake will be much less.

4. Any opinions, etc.?
Gives hellish side effects. My stomach felt dreadful on it. Constant nausea. I honestly believe it's the sick feeling that makes it so effective at suppressing appetite. You genuinely had cramps whenever you ate anything so you became afraid to eat.

I used it for weeks and the feeling genuinely never improved. Was so happy to stop it. It actually made the dieting easier as I would rather feel hunger than that awful feeling.

I also just felt very hellish overall. Sluggish tired etc.

But... Everyone is different and it may feel so much better for yourself. Give it a try and see how you feel

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My gf did .25mgs 1x a week for 4 months.

We both got chunky during covid, so we used Ozempic for her to lose the weight. She didn't workout. Ate high protein meals.

She went from 140lbs to 115 over the period of about 3 months. The cool thing was the weight loss happens fastest at first. So she immediately dropped 20lbs, so it was super apparent. If she ate too much she would get super nauseated and vomiting does and can happen.

So eat slow until you get adjusted to it, or you too will be vomiting.

It's a very good appetite suppressant and remember it doesnt just work by that methodology. Semaglutide also lowers blood sugar, increases insulin resistance etc. Lowers the amount of glucagon released, delays gastric emptying...

DBoss

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I compound this at the pharmacy alot n Dr's always start patient off at .25mg a week and will increase it a month later to .5 then will increase if necessary (still not effective enough) to 1mg a week . Most common side effect is nausea but I tell patient to snack on something n that gets the job done. Tell to have some crackers or small snack with them just in case. U want to start at low dose so ur body has side effects (not everyone has them) it cam adjust because eventually the side effects do go away.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I appreciate the advice.

1. I did 0.25 mg yesterday. Within 2 hours, three serious trips to the bathroom.

The strange thing was that after that, it immediately felt like something good was coating my stomach (almost like taking fast-acting Peptol Bismol).

2. It has only been a day, but I have noticed nothing different.

If anything, my appetite is still high: I had a late night slice of Sam's Club Deluxe pizza, and some bagels with Nutella.

Physically, I feel a little bit better. Just about 1-2% more oomph with KB swings.

Psychologically, I feel about 1% more focused.

3. Let us see how it works in the coming weeks and months.

4. Here in China, it is a mere ~$75 USD per 2 mg pen. In theory, if it worked dramatically well, I afford to do a pen every week for the rest of my life, and insurance might even cover much of the cost!