Any Opinion on Will Brink's Hybrid Training Program?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
HI Everyone,

For those looking to tone up, it looks like Will Brink's "Hybrid" program is the best.

From what I can see, it is one day a week of 5 x 5 Strength work + one day a week of traditional bodybuilding (8*8, 6 *6 + 12-15 burnouts and supersets), followed by one cardio + High Intensity toning up + HIIT cardio work.

So, a person gets strength, hypertrophy, and fat loss.

Any opinions?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mate,
You realize how many of these "Subjective" threads you make over and over again

Your biggest issue is overthinking so many topics on training and nutrition causing you to backtrack from your end goal and what you can adhere to:

For example, all your information on thinking IF is superior with nutrition
How much protein we need:
Overfeeding:
Do we need to induce ketosis faster?

The best advice you can take
Pick a goal - Nutrition
Pick a program - Training
Utilize it for 6-8 weeks
Find something you can adhere to
Track your progress and adjust as necessary

There is no "Best", what works for one doesn't always work for another.
If you are not an advanced lifter i would stick to a generic 3x a week fullbody or 4x a week upper/lower split and beat the log book. If you are more advanced you could look into a hypertrophy/strength or DUP based program with higher volume and frequency.

Pick what you want to do and make the necessary adjustments to continue to make progress.
Trying to fantasize over the little details is going to cause you to take 2 steps back instead of one step forward.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Mate,
You realize how many of these "Subjective" threads you make over and over again

Your biggest issue is overthinking so many topics on training and nutrition causing you to backtrack from your end goal and what you can adhere to:

For example, all your information on thinking IF is superior with nutrition
How much protein we need:
Overfeeding:
Do we need to induce ketosis faster?

The best advice you can take
Pick a goal - Nutrition
Pick a program - Training
Utilize it for 6-8 weeks
Find something you can adhere to
Track your progress and adjust as necessary

There is no "Best", what works for one doesn't always work for another.
If you are not an advanced lifter i would stick to a generic 3x a week fullbody or 4x a week upper/lower split and beat the log book. If you are more advanced you could look into a hypertrophy/strength or DUP based program with higher volume and frequency.

Pick what you want to do and make the necessary adjustments to continue to make progress.
Trying to fantasize over the little details is going to cause you to take 2 steps back instead of one step forward.
Thanks. I really appreciate your patience here. Some people would get impatient and flame me.

I know, the gyms will open in the next month. I just want a program that works well.

When I did the "Body for Life" maybe 15 years ago, I did it exactly, but it did not get me the results I wanted. I want to do more.

Your advice is sound. Let us see what I can do. Perhaps the Hybrid program does your parameters.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Make another 5 threads about this and I’m sure you’ll get it all figured out.