Any good apps for tracking training

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am trying to find a easier more convient way to track my training logs other than a notebook. Anyone know of any free apps for organaizing and tracking.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just text it to myself

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Man I think you’re making it to complicated... just go do 4-5 sets of 6-10 reps or so of good workouts... train hard and have a diet... it’s not rocket science in the gym

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been jusing Jefit - it's OK. It works, but is not exactly perfect for me. It lacks a lot of stuff for tracking intensity increasing strategies, like drop sets, forced reps, etc. It also is a little annoying because you cannot differentiate between a warm up and a working set in an exercise; but my workaround for this is to create a custom exercise for each exercise that I do warm ups on. For instance - it has bench presses and I will make a custom exercise called "Bench presses - warm up" .

If you don't do this, it calculates your 1RM and prior performance based off your working sets and then the next week you go to do your warm up and it has all the info from your working sets. Example:

Bench Press
15 reps X 135 warm up
6 X 200 set
5 X 200 set
4 X 200 set

Then when you come back next week it will have the chart filled out like:

4 X 200
4 X 200
4 X 200
4 X 200

Or something like that - and you have to modify the weights for the warm up, etc. It's minor but it's kind of a pain when you're in the middle of a workout.

It does have a stopwatch built in to monitor rest between sets, which I have found very helpful.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Progression by Zoltan for generic bodybuilding type stuff, ZerotoHero for percentage based programs, Personal Training Coach for basic linear incremental programs.

btothefman

Awards
I like GymRun for my resistance sessions and FITIV pulse for tracking my heart rate / calorie burn. All sync to Google Fit

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I use fitlist. The free version is enough.

Slapoyjoe

I use an old school logbook. I keep them by volume. I'm on page 700 now. When I'm dead my kids will see just how much I tried to be fit.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Seems doubtful that any of them would work for everyone. Big thing i track is time under tension, and id be willing to bet that very few- if any- have an option to track this. Notebook is the best bet. If i was motivated enough to do it, id make a spreadsheet but i dont care that much.