any feedback on Kanna (Zembrin) for anxiety and autoimmune issues?

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I’m considering kanna (Zembrin 25mg) for helping with mild anxiety, pessimistic mindset, brain fog and overthinking/rumination.

I’m particularly interested because, if I’ve understood well, kanna could also help with autoimmune diseases, by modulating the immune response - is it true? I have lichen planopilaris (similar to lupus) causing itching and inflammation on scalp.

Is there any noticeable side effect (e.g. on sex or libido) and/or potential bad interactions with other supplements? At the moment I’m considering also CBD oil, chaga mushroom and magnolia bark for my issues.

Thank you!

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've used kanna intermittently the past couple of years and it definitely does work...it just builds up a tolerance quickly. If you use it 2-3x/week you should be good.

Also, Zembrin is okay but there are better, higher potent extracts out there that you can find. SNS was supposed to be releasing a solo version of Kannaease as well?

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can’t share anything about immune response. It definitely has effects on your mood. I found it euphoric at first, but as mentioned, tolerance develops quickly. I like it with stims. Very low doses (10-25 mg zembrin or Kanna ease) I found really added to the effects and felt a super slight tweaky feeling.

Full spectrum Kanna in chemix pre was about 400 mg in my 4/5 of a scoop dose. The euphoria hits me pretty hard there the first hour or so, but doesn’t last.

It will not hurt libido or performance or any Stim dick sides like DMAA.

From what you describe, have you ever tried L-Theanine? It’s a little more basic but also widely researched and widely available

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What’s difference with KannaEase and Zembrin? Anyone tried them both?

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s difference with KannaEase and Zembrin? Anyone tried them both?
Competing extracts going for the same idea. Zembrin seems more picky about licensing it. Disappointed that Psycho Pharma dropped their mega dose of Kanna (like 500 mg) in exchange for 25 mg of Zembrin.

At least for mesembrine, the primary alkaloid, the standardization is identical. I would say Zembrin feels just slightly smoother (less tweaky feel at low dose) but both are pretty similar. Zembrin publicizes their donations to the local community in South Africa. I haven’t seen info on KannaEase sourcing process.

I do think on a double blind test it’d be hard to tell the difference

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Competing extracts going for the same idea. Zembrin seems more picky about licensing it. Disappointed that Psycho Pharma dropped their mega dose of Kanna (like 500 mg) in exchange for 25 mg of Zembrin.

At least for mesembrine, the primary alkaloid, the standardization is identical. I would say Zembrin feels just slightly smoother (less tweaky feel at low dose) but both are pretty similar. Zembrin publicizes their donations to the local community in South Africa. I haven’t seen info on KannaEase sourcing process.

I do think on a double blind test it’d be hard to tell the difference
thanks for the detailed reply.

I know Psycho Pharma have a simple kanna @ 500mg per cap, that what your referring to?

I was looking at the 2 extracts and wasn’t sure if there was a significant difference. Can you take too much of these two as I’ve noticed the dosing seems substantially less that the whole plant extract. What would 100mg of these two extracts do? What’s optimal?