Any experience with your women and DHEA?

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curious if anyone here’s significant other has tried low dose DHEA? My wife is postmenopausal and has absolutely no drive or desire. Was thinking to try Alpha Gainz at 25mg per day.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, my wife is premenopausal and her libido was tanking. We bought some dhea, and after being on it for about 2 weeks, her drive started kicking back in pretty strongly. I was loving it for awhile, but her period was over 2 weeks late and she got worried that it was messing up her hormones, so she stopped. She recently talked to her OB, but as of now, she hasn’t prescribed anything. My wife is funny about taking meds. But her libido has been decent lately. If it becomes an issue again, she’s going to talk to her doc about getting on something.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear, definitely give it a shot. Appreciate the feedback.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, my wife is premenopausal and her libido was tanking. We bought some dhea, and after being on it for about 2 weeks, her drive started kicking back in pretty strongly. I was loving it for awhile, but her period was over 2 weeks late and she got worried that it was messing up her hormones, so she stopped. She recently talked to her OB, but as of now, she hasn’t prescribed anything. My wife is funny about taking meds. But her libido has been decent lately. If it becomes an issue again, she’s going to talk to her doc about getting on something.
What dosage?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s potentially androgenic, so start very low. If it was me, I’d try to start at like 5mg and maybe try ramping up from there. Take it easy with hormonal stuff.