Any effects AFTER you stop taking test boosters - a couple questions

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
So I recently read a thread where a guy got blood work done after taking M-Test and it raised his testosterone to a better range... Now I'm wondering, and have been for a while - will testosterone levels stay at that higher level once you stop taking the test booster? Will it slowly go back to where it was before you started taking a test booster? or do some test boosters actually fix the problem and bring your levels back up to a healthier range(most likely depending on the cause for lower testosterone I'm sure)?

Does anyone know about this? I know some people say to cycle products for them to work, so would m-test or another booster stop working after taking it for so long? or will that just cause your levels to go back down so you can bring them back up once you run it again??

Can run DAA and/or tribulus all year??

I'm trying to avoid doing a cycle of the good stuff for a while and want to completely 100% maximize my natural potential before I do a real cycle. So I need to figure out a testosterone boosting option that will be effective 6-12 months.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I didn't mean to double-post, can a mod please delete this. Sorry.

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I recently read a thread where a guy got blood work done after taking M-Test and it raised his testosterone to a better range... Now I'm wondering, and have been for a while - will testosterone levels stay at that higher level once you stop taking the test booster? Will it slowly go back to where it was before you started taking a test booster? or do some test boosters actually fix the problem and bring your levels back up to a healthier range(most likely depending on the cause for lower testosterone I'm sure)?

Does anyone know about this? I know some people say to cycle products for them to work, so would m-test or another booster stop working after taking it for so long? or will that just cause your levels to go back down so you can bring them back up once you run it again??

I'm trying to avoid doing a cycle of the good stuff for a while and want to completely 100% maximize my natural potential before I do a real cycle. So I need to figure out a testosterone boosting option that will be effective 6-12 months.
No , they won't suppress you. Will your test be as high as it would be on the product? Maybe , maybe not as you tend to get acute raises after taking some of the ingredients. however, test boosters work on helping your body increase it's own test, luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone. Some also work by changing the ratio of estrogen/dht to testosterone

You're not giving yourself synthetic , bio identical testosterone so suppression won't occur

Like anything , the some of the effects of the product will go away when you stop , though. Horny goat weed gives me a crazy pump , but once I am off, I won't have the pump. Just one example

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Think of test boosters as a band-aid of sorts. They are not a permanent fix. I would expect levels to slowly go back to normal upon the cessation of the supplement. If someone has some sort of endocrinological condition, it’s best to seek the advice of a physician to manage the condition long-term.

In general, the advice is to cycle test boosters after 8 weeks or so. It’s pretty much impossible to conclusively determine if test boosters become less effective the longer you use them, as you’d need long term studies to ascertain that. There are a lot of assumptions and extrapolation’s people could potential make based off of some single ingredient studies, but in general, the dietary supplement industry doesn’t have a ton of long-term studies on hormonal impact of specific ingredients/products.