Antihistamines and Test

Sacrifice

Awards
Does anyone else really feel a "low test" like result from allergy medicine use? Zyrtec and Benadryl make me lose libido and cause my nuts to stay really tight in the sack. ED issues, the whole 9.

I get bad allergies from time to time, but I need meds that don't make me feel castrated.

MindMuscleRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
i wouldnt say a low test feeling with me, i generally just feel drowsy and kinda sick. and usually when i am like that i dont want to be intimate any way so ive never really thought about it like that?? interesting though.

Sacrifice

Awards
i wouldnt say a low test feeling with me, i generally just feel drowsy and kinda sick. and usually when i am like that i dont want to be intimate any way so ive never really thought about it like that?? interesting though.
I've read they interfere with T production, but the effects on me are pretty pronounced

MindMuscleRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
theoretically, if you are adding exogenous testosterone it would be less of a dulling effect i would think? but that doesn't change the bad lethargy issues it gives some people. i guess just up the tren.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loratidine works pretty well for me (especially for my cat allergy), and doesn't make me drowsy at all, or effect libido.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Loratidine works pretty well for me (especially for my cat allergy), and doesn't make me drowsy at all, or effect libido.
Completely agree. If you must be on an antihistamine...loratidine is the best bet. I took if for a year while I was getting used to my dog (allergies), and had no side effects except for that I may have felt a little more tired than usual at times. Benadryl is more for acute use and would not be a good choice to take during the day. Zyrtec was OK, but loratidine takes the cake.