Anticholinergic effects on growth hormone and peptides

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I recently started an Anticholinergic for Hyperhidrosis(Propantheline). It works by blocking the Acetylcholine neurotransmitter.

I'm not having much luck searching this and Dats forum is being closed permanently so I can't ask there.

I know that Somatostatin inhibits growth hormone output, and so you take things like Huperzine A to inhibit Somatostatin. This is, from what I've read, basically just inhibiting the break down of Acetylcholine.

Now, since I am on an Anticholinergic, I technically am already blunting growth hormone output. I've read studies on Anticholinergic being used to blunt night time growth hormone output for certain Diabetic issues.

So, something like CJC with DAC would be useless I'm assuming since growth hormone output is already blunted and with DAC is a steady pulse basically of GH.

I was wondering if anyone had the knowledge to know if CJC no DAC ran with Ipam would be beneficial?

I know the GHRH and GHRP ran together are to cause the GH pulse and the other to prolong it, so it doesn't require the inhibition of Somatostatin. Does anyone know how the Anticholinergic may affect this dosing?

I have a feeling this a fairly complex question and I simply don't have the knowledge to comprehend it any further (if I have even made correct assumptions this far). My doctor would be clueless.

Does anyone have any ideas or can tag anyone who may be able to help?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This went way over my head but I'm subbing because maybe I'll figure it out and learn a thing or two.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pharmacy student here, anticholinergic agents don't block gh release at the pituitary. They do it through some other unknown mechanism. It's complex and not fully understood, all that is known is that it blunts gh release and somehow it does it somewhere down stream in the metabolic chain away from the pituitary.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pharmacy student here, anticholinergic agents don't block gh release at the pituitary. They do it through some other unknown mechanism. It's complex and not fully understood, all that is known is that it blunts gh release and somehow it does it somewhere down stream in the metabolic chain away from the pituitary.
So the peptides would still cause a release of GH, but could still technically be useless for my purpose, depending on when the Anticholinergic blunted the GH? I'm not exactly sure of the series of things GH goes through, I've never actually read into that part, so I apologize for any ignorance lol

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, it may work to offset the blunted gh release. And it may not, I don't know that it has ever been studied. All that is known is that anticholinergics somehow lower gh by not affecting the pituitary. Ghrh and ghrp both work at the pituitary.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I think, and I could be wrong here because I don't know if its selective or not, since its an antimuscarinic that it shouldn't directly effect the pituitary gland. If its selective, it would only work in the intestines, stomach and bladder. But like I said, I could be wrong.

On another note, I'm glad you got your problem sorted out.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think, and I could be wrong here because I don't know if its selective or not, since its an antimuscarinic that it shouldn't directly effect the pituitary gland. If its selective, it would only work in the intestines, stomach and bladder. But like I said, I could be wrong.

Thanks man, still working on it though. I've already built up a tolerance to the Propantheline. It works great for a day or two, but after using it for the past 4 days it's taking double the dose to get the same, if not less results. I'm gonna have to ask to try another, but still I'm really happy knowing there is something out there that will help when used sparingly. I can always just save it for when I need it the most if I can't find an alternative that works.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly, it may work to offset the blunted gh release. And it may not, I don't know that it has ever been studied. All that is known is that anticholinergics somehow lower gh by not affecting the pituitary. Ghrh and ghrp both work at the pituitary.
Yeah, I appreciate the responses. I was hoping I could get some insight before I purchased some just to test it out, peptides aren't the cheapest lol