Another newbie needs advice. HELP!

Mijofrog88

Awards
Let me start off with saying that this forum is a wealth of knowledge. It can be a little confusing with all the opinions but none the less I feel like I know more than I did before the days I've spent reading many of the threads on here. Also this may be a long post but with me being new and for the sake of NTN and getting acquainted it is what it is.

Now a little about myself and my problem. I'm 32/5'9/210lb. I have an obligation to lets say an "organization" to maintain physical readiness and certain weight requirements. 4 months ago this wouldn't have been a problem but between 2 jobs, my second son being born, my monthly obligations to this organization, the holidays and some quarantine nonsense I got burnt out and stopped working out and abandoned my healthy diet. As you can see I have no problem gaining weight and I did just that packed on 20+ lbs. However, I lose it way slower than I gain it.

Months ago when I was in much better shape I purchased rad 140 and cardarine from a science. research place and it was going to be the start in taking things to next level of my Physic/ performance but then I just couldn't mentally do it anymore (I'm sure some can relate) but now it's the opposite. I can't take looking like this and the weight of not fulfilling my obligations anymore. I have to hit it hard. In this time off though I've learned a ton about sarms, like its probably a good thing to run a test base with rad140.

THIS IS MY QUESTION! Is it possible to run test/ rad140 and cardarine gain muscle and lose weight and body fat and if so is it going to be better/faster than naturally. Also if I'm going to be pinning would I have better chances at achieving my goals with scraping the sarms and using other aas. Only reasoning for using sarms is I already have them and I'm kind of attached to my money. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
🐸

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
An ‘organization’ sound’s sinister as **** bro 😂

presumably your in law enforcement?

not that it’s important.

An easy answer to your question is that your calorie intake will dictate your weight loss regardless of anabolic useage. However, the anabolics will avoid muscle loss while in a calorie deficit.

in terms of fat loss specifically either drugs that increase calorie expenditure (like clen) or fat mobilisation (like hgh) are the way to actually target that (but ultimately you’ll still need a calorie deficit.

yes using test plus either a sarm or other anabolics will make the process quicker/better (you could run a more aggressive cut without losing as much muscle for example)

the reason not to use a sarm and instead pin another compound would be health (generally orals are less healthy than injectable - but understand that’s relative, it’s all less healthy than not using anything )

Hope that helps

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good advise above. I would add since you've been off 4 months I think it would be a waste to run anything right off. You will reap those muscle memory gains like crazy without anything. I wouldn't start until that stalls. I was in the same boat as you. When the quarantine hit last year I stopped working out altogether, drank beer every day, and got chubby. I didn't start back up until October 1st so I guess I was off around 5 months or so. I'm looking at my log now. The first 2 months back I gained 3 lbs but lost 1 inch from waist and added and inch to my arm. I then ran a mild cycle the next 2 months. Lost 3 lbs, lost another inch from my waist and kept my arms the same. Good luck buddy! Glad you are getting back on track!

Mijofrog88

Awards
The organization is the Yakuza! Jp

Yes. It's very helpful just the fact that somebody replied so quickly is awesome. I know I will have to evaluate my diet first thing for weight lose to be an option. Defiantly can't eat like I have been but what can I say blue bell mint chocolate chip is bomb!

I know this is not a place to source so I'm not going to go there but another reason to stick with sarms is just for that reason. I've read many things about products being junk and so on so forth. I'm not sure if being ripped off is "a right of passage" but I'm nervous about getting something as common as test E let alone other products and like I said before I'm fond of the money I do have. I think I have the right place online but it seems like you never know until you know. Also I've considered clen but I'm not sure if it shows up on drug test as a stim. I get tested quit a bit and that's the last thing I need.

Mijofrog88

Awards
Good advise above. I would add since you've been off 4 months I think it would be a waste to run anything right off. You will reap those muscle memory gains like crazy without anything. I wouldn't start until that stalls. I was in the same boat as you. When the quarantine hit last year I stopped working out altogether, drank beer every day, and got chubby. I didn't start back up until October 1st so I guess I was off around 5 months or so. I'm looking at my log now. The first 2 months back I gained 3 lbs but lost 1 inch from waist and added and inch to my arm. I then ran a mild cycle the next 2 months. Lost 3 lbs, lost another inch from my waist and kept my arms the same. Good luck buddy! Glad you are getting back on track!
I completely agree I need to 1. Make sure that I can be as devoted as I was in the past and 2. Reap all the natural rewards I can. However venturing into anabolics and sarms is something I plan on anyways and I like to be as informed as possible. Heck it seems like I can't switch to a different brand of underwear without research anymore.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Yes. It's very helpful just the fact that somebody replied so quickly is awesome. I know I will have to evaluate my diet first thing for weight lose to be an option. Defiantly can't eat like I have been but what can I say blue bell mint chocolate chip is bomb!

I know this is not a place to source so I'm not going to go there but another reason to stick with sarms is just for that reason. I've read many things about products being junk and so on so forth. I'm not sure if being ripped off is "a right of passage" but I'm nervous about getting something as common as test E let alone other products and like I said before I'm fond of the money I do have. I think I have the right place online but it seems like you never know until you know. Also I've considered clen but I'm not sure if it shows up on drug test as a stim. I get tested quit a bit and that's the last thing I need.
ironically the sarms you can buy easily are probably more likely to be bunk bro. When they’ve done tests a crazy percentage are massively under dosed or not what they are meant to be. Definitely less likely to be legit than test imo although if you buy from a board sponsor you should be ok.

not sure on clen and what it shows up as - appears for 3 weeks if they test for it specifically.

casper makes a really good point about dialling in nutrition and training first though bro. You get an immediate benefit in body comp from that without the gear and taking anything would be wasted (and obviously you can’t be ‘on’ for crazy long spells if you want to stay healthy so make sure the time you have is helping when it’s needed).

we haven’t mentioned pct and on cycle supports. You’ve been reading the forum so hopefully you’ve picked up all of that: obviously if your gonna do it make sure you take all the precautions to look after your health.

all the above is to help on the assumption your gonna do what your gonna do bro. If the question is whether you should take something or not then the answer is often no, taking nothing is the best option.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I completely agree I need to 1. Make sure that I can be as devoted as I was in the past and 2. Reap all the natural rewards I can. However venturing into anabolics and sarms is something I plan on anyways and I like to be as informed as possible. Heck it seems like I can't switch to a different brand of underwear without research anymore.
Haha! Yep that researching everything comes with getting older. You do have a few options besides SARMS that you could run with Test that are legally obtainable. Transdermal products are popular right now and work well. I've always like TD products back to the Foremeron days. I've had success running the following products along with my TRT Test dosage.

11KT (Apex Alchemy Kronos)
Dienolone (Apex Alchemy Dienogen)
EpiAndro (Alpha Gainz Stando TD)
Androsterone (Alpha Gainz Alpha Andro)

I think also it's Iron Mag Labs that make similar products that get good reviews here. They use a thicker gel based carrier which is cool for application, but the gels I've tried break me out. However, I'm literally the only one I've heard of having this problem.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Be careful with preworkouts, "fat-loss agents", stimulants, etc ... Some of them can show up as illegal substances.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just a couple of my thoughts.

I find rad 140 has a feel good effect, but dosen't really do anything for building muscle or loosing fat. That really boils down to diet but I noticed nothing visual from it.

The more out of shape you are, the easier it is to build muscle and loose fat simultaneously, and vise versa.

If you have been out the gym for a while then take advantage of that by holding off on gear till you get back in the swing of things

Dont waste your money on fat burners till your struggling to drop fat at the tail end of a diet, most otc ones dont do anything more then caffeine could do anyway.

And dont think some gear will let you cheat your diet and still make gains/losses. Initially there will be a response like that but after 1 cycle your back to working for it. I have got very fat on cycle thinking the juice will make my gains all muscle, didn't pan out tho, I got really strong and really fat lol. On the other hand if your a hyper responder to gear you will find out fairly quick and you wont have much to worry about.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way, carderine isint a game changer, it makes bulking a little harder and cutting a little easier. I also feel like the cardio benifits only seem to apply to people who already have good cardio

Mijofrog88

Awards
ironically the sarms you can buy easily are probably more likely to be bunk bro. When they’ve done tests a crazy percentage are massively under dosed or not what they are meant to be. Definitely less likely to be legit than test imo although if you buy from a board sponsor you should be ok.

not sure on clen and what it shows up as - appears for 3 weeks if they test for it specifically.

casper makes a really good point about dialling in nutrition and training first though bro. You get an immediate benefit in body comp from that without the gear and taking anything would be wasted (and obviously you can’t be ‘on’ for crazy long spells if you want to stay healthy so make sure the time you have is helping when it’s needed).

we haven’t mentioned pct and on cycle supports. You’ve been reading the forum so hopefully you’ve picked up all of that: obviously if your gonna do it make sure you take all the precautions to look after your health.

all the above is to help on the assumption your gonna do what your gonna do bro. If the question is whether you should take something or not then the answer is often no, taking nothing is the best option.
I understand about the sarms. I bought them because my first impression of them was a simpler safer alternative but after purchasing and more information it seems to be one in the same.

Even when I considered only running the sarms I always planned on running a pct with noval. That's one of the reason I didn't start right away was because getting those seemed more sketch. It was pay in bitcoin, 200 dollar min, customs, and all that stuff. Now I know that I should run a test base to save my self from the sides of rad and have an ai on hand just in case. Knowing my luck I would be estro sensitive. Then there's the question of running hcg during and then the pct.

As for cadarine and the Cardo when I bought it I ran quite often. Probably 3miles x 4wk. My "organization" loves cardio and PT. Now I run zero but I planned to run cardarine towards the end. I'm totally on board with keeping it "natty" for awhile. I can say I'm going to hit it hard until the cows come home but I have to make that's actually what I'm going to do first. However again I have made my mind up and eventually I will cycle.

Oh and I didn't mention but when first considering all this I did have labs and test was 677. I think that's decent for a guy my age.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As far as sarms being a safer alternative, when used at doses that actually produce results that you couldn't get naturally, they have side effects just like steroids and no1 really knows the long term health effects. The only ones I feel are worth using for gains are lgd and s23 at 30-50mg a day. But at that point you "may" see side effects and your still getting less then steroid results at 2-3× the price. You cant really go wrong with testosterone, it's cheap, sides are low to zero at reasonable doses <500mg a week. and if your acne prone like I am, i found small daily or eod shots help a lot at minimizing the acne.

Mijofrog88

Awards
As far as sarms being a safer alternative, when used at doses that actually produce results that you couldn't get naturally, they have side effects just like steroids and no1 really knows the long term health effects. The only ones I feel are worth using for gains are lgd and s23 at 30-50mg a day. But at that point you "may" see side effects and your still getting less then steroid results at 2-3× the price. You cant really go wrong with testosterone, it's cheap, sides are low to zero at reasonable doses <500mg a week. and if your acne prone like I am, i found small daily or eod shots help a lot at minimizing the acne.
Well if I had it to do over again I would of just went with test and something else along with it to help cut but I done did it and if I can get some use out of the rad I'd rather not waste.

So If I was hypothetically going to run test, rad and cardarine to cut what would that cycle look like and how much of a deficit do I need to lose bf and maybe make a little gains. I'm not really chasing gains but if it's possible I wouldn't mind it.

Mijofrog88

Awards
Haha! Yep that researching everything comes with getting older. You do have a few options besides SARMS that you could run with Test that are legally obtainable. Transdermal products are popular right now and work well. I've always like TD products back to the Foremeron days. I've had success running the following products along with my TRT Test dosage.

I think also it's Iron Mag Labs that make similar products that get good reviews here. They use a thicker gel based carrier which is cool for application, but the gels I've tried break me out. However, I'm literally the only one I've heard of having this problem.
I seen stuff on here about TD. I considered using Ultra hard or another like product instead of test E but I also don't want to get into the same boat as the sarms when the test E is tried and true considering its legit.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well if I had it to do over again I would of just went with test and something else along with it to help cut but I done did it and if I can get some use out of the rad I'd rather not waste.

So If I was hypothetically going to run test, rad and cardarine to cut what would that cycle look like and how much of a deficit do I need to lose bf and maybe make a little gains. I'm not really chasing gains but if it's possible I wouldn't mind it.
If I had those 3 things I was going to use and never used anything before I would use 300mg test per week, 15mg rad per day and whatever dose of carderine you liked. I used it at 10mg and 20mg but I didn't see any difference between the 2.

As far as diet, figure out how much your currently eating and subtract 200 calories and start there

Mijofrog88

Awards
If I had those 3 things I was going to use and never used anything before I would use 300mg test per week, 15mg rad per day and whatever dose of carderine you liked. I used it at 10mg and 20mg but I didn't see any difference between the 2.

As far as diet, figure out how much your currently eating and subtract 200 calories and start there
Run hcg while on cycle? At 15mg of rad I could run it for a while I bought 5 30ml bottles! Lol so how long should I run? And a 4 wk pct with noval good enough?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I personally would just use the test and skip the rad and carderine. Now understand that may not be a option. You could also pick up anything that converts to estrogen and add that to rad and carderine. When you feel crappy on cycles without test, it's not usually from the lack of test, it's the lack of estrogen that effects you a few weeks in. Rad can fill some of testosterone effects on sense of well being and a tiny bit of anabolic activity, but it does not convert to any estrogen or dht and without those your libido may be in the gutter

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Run hcg while on cycle? At 15mg of rad I could run it for a while I bought 5 30ml bottles! Lol so how long should I run? And a 4 wk pct with noval good enough?
Honestly I have no clue how long you should run rad. I dont use HCG, some ppl find it very useful, but it does nothing for me

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
With all that said, rad is being researched as a replacement for trt. It's not quite good enough at it to completely fill the role but because that's what there aiming for k would guess it can be ran for very long periods of time

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You mentioned td products, dermacrine at 5 pumps a day and rad at 15mg a day would be a super mild cycle that I would assume to be side effect free and you could probably stay on that for a couple months and use nolva for pct after

Mijofrog88

Awards
You mentioned td products, dermacrine at 5 pumps a day and rad at 15mg a day would be a super mild cycle that I would assume to be side effect free and you could probably stay on that for a couple months and use nolva for pct after
That is awesome that is probably the route I will take. If it's a TD and I put it on in the morning is it a risk to my kids in the afternoon when I'm around them? Also is noval something that is normally what it says it is or is it something people get scammed on often?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

iconic formulations makes ultra epi that is 450mg of epiandro in each dose, as far as i know no other epi product is dosed this high...iconic also makes a 200mg per dose androsterone td-- aplha seven...then there is ultra hard which is a combination of epiandro and androsterone...use code THEBIGT and save 20% at iconic formulations.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That is awesome that is probably the route I will take. If it's a TD and I put it on in the morning is it a risk to my kids in the afternoon when I'm around them? Also is noval something that is normally what it says it is or is it something people get scammed on often?
It's safe within a hour if I'm not mistaken. A clean shaved upper chest, traps and forearms are good application sites. If you put some on your ballz " not joking " it converts a little more to dht but I'd imagine you can only get 1/2 pump or less there. Tops of your feet are another good spot. Dont apply to areas with lots of body fat, you want thin skin areas.

Check out maresesrch or premier research essentials for the other stuff, many of us have used them and there products are gtg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You could definitely add that epiandro product mentioned above but I dont know how much td you can fit on yourself in a day lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

yep this would be broadly what I would do.

hcg is a good addition to any cycle. It makes recovery easier and keeps your balls full and plump (if that aesthetic is important to you). Not essential but nice to have.

the biggest reason to use cardarine is its positive effect on lipids when running harsher orals. It does help endurance but it won’t make or break your cut

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's safe within a hour if I'm not mistaken. A clean shaved upper chest, traps and forearms are good application sites. If you put some on your ballz " not joking " it converts a little more to dht but I'd imagine you can only get 1/2 pump or less there. Tops of your feet are another good spot. Dont apply to areas with lots of body fat, you want thin skin areas.

Check out maresesrch or premier research essentials for the other stuff, many of us have used them and there products are gtg
the sack is a great area for application and avoids accidental transfer to kids.

I also used my clavicle and made sure I had a shirt on as soon as it dried before seeing the kids

Mijofrog88

Awards
Hey everyone I appreciate it 100% I'm glad I ask for the advice. Now I need to get to shaving because I'm a walking forest right now.

Mijofrog88

Awards
iconic formulations makes ultra epi that is 450mg of epiandro in each dose, as far as i know no other epi product is dosed this high...iconic also makes a 200mg per dose androsterone td-- aplha seven...then there is ultra hard which is a combination of epiandro and androsterone...use code THEBIGT and save 20% at iconic formulations.
So I'm looking at the iconic line up and also checking out the Q&A thread for iconic on here and I'm wondering what is the one product you recommend for my test base that's would go good with my losing bf?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I'm looking at the iconic line up and also checking out the Q&A thread for iconic on here and I'm wondering what is the one product you recommend for my test base that's would go good with my losing bf?
ALPHA FOUR will absolutely increase test and is #1 for test base...on the other hand DERMACRINE gives me much less of a test boost but i've used it successfully many times while cutting bf%...i think it depends on if you are looking to lose weight on a reduced calorie diet while cutting bf%...or if you are looking to keep cals at maintenance/or above and do a recomp-recomp is losing bf while attempting to add some lean muscle....ALPHA FOUR for recomp

Last edited:

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
With all that said, rad is being researched as a replacement for trt. It's not quite good enough at it to completely fill the role but because that's what there aiming for k would guess it can be ran for very long periods of time
Doesn't RAD requires an estrogen source?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Doesn't RAD requires an estrogen source?
Yes, to work as a test replacement for HRT. That's why I'd suggest basically anything that converts to some estrogen. I would assume derma would be enough although I have heard of some ppl needing quite a high amount of estrogen to cover sexual function in the absence of testosterone but it has something to do with if your getting more E1 or E2. I'm not super positive on that tho

Reactions: UNX

Mijofrog88

Awards
Yes, to work as a test replacement for HRT. That's why I'd suggest basically anything that converts to some estrogen. I would assume derma would be enough although I have heard of some ppl needing quite a high amount of estrogen to cover sexual function in the absence of testosterone but it has something to do with if your getting more E1 or E2. I'm not super positive on that tho
I got two of the iconic 4andro. Hopefully that does the trick for me and also have products for pct on there way. I'm going to take the advice and do 2 solid months of training before even thinking about starting anything.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got two of the iconic 4andro. Hopefully that does the trick for me and also have products for pct on there way. I'm going to take the advice and do 2 solid months of training before even thinking about starting anything.
That should do the trick. Just stay on top of your diet and you will be fine. Dont cut your calories too dramatically, my last cut I started my diet at 2500 after a bad dirty bulk on 4000. I went from 223 to 193 in about 8 weeks and never dropped calories, I could have started at 3500. Aim to drop 2lbs a week tops till you start the rad and 4andro. At that point you could probably stick to maintenance and get a nice recomp

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Eat normal this week and write everything down, after 7 days total up the calories for the week and divide by 7. That number will be what you have been eating as a maintenance for your current body weight. Subtract 200 calories or so and that will start your diet. Dont forget, if you have been out the gym, just by working out again your going to be burning more calories putting you in a slight deficit. As the weeks go on you have 2 options each week, drop calories or increase cardio.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
love me some ALPHA FOUR...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

trueedge

Awards
I’m also going back after a big lay off. It’s been about a year. Oddly enough my weight is the same as when I stopped but I was fat anyway lol. I like reading everyone’s posts.