Another Nail In The CLA Coffin

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I saw the title of this thread on the main page. Before opening it, I knew who posted it. You always come up with interesting research.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of CLA - I've used it and I actually got some of it in bulk a long while back. I was using CLA, Fish oil and Sesamin for 6-9 months straight when I got back into working out and without changing anything else in my diet - but again I was working out - I lost about 30 pounds. Not overly scientific, but I often wonder how much we look for acute effects when we should be considering long term effects. CLA certainly won't cause pounds of fat loss over 1-2 months.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw the title of this thread on the main page. Before opening it, I knew who posted it. You always come up with interesting research.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of CLA - I've used it and I actually got some of it in bulk a long while back. I was using CLA, Fish oil and Sesamin for 6-9 months straight when I got back into working out and without changing anything else in my diet - but again I was working out - I lost about 30 pounds. Not overly scientific, but I often wonder how much we look for acute effects when we should be considering long term effects. CLA certainly won't cause pounds of fat loss over 1-2 months.
When was this? I haven't heard people discuss sesamin in ages hehe

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When was this? I haven't heard people discuss sesamin in ages hehe
3-4 years ago. I got a bunch of bottles of Scivation sesamin for like $6 a bottle, a TON of Nutraplanet CLA for less than $20 and I just used my normal fish oil.

And - OL? When was THIS?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always enjoyed Sesamin( had to be careful with spell check lol). CLA never did jack, but I'm certain I saw results with sesamin. I was pleased to see it included in Brite, which I am also a fan of.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3-4 years ago. I got a bunch of bottles of Scivation sesamin for like $6 a bottle, a TON of Nutraplanet CLA for less than $20 and I just used my normal fish oil.

And - OL? When was THIS?
There's a whole thread dedicated to the ascension of Synapsin to Mount Olympus :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
...but I often wonder how much we look for acute effects when we should be considering long term effects. CLA certainly won't cause pounds of fat loss over 1-2 months.
2 months is a pretty long time to show ZERO difference from placebo. I too used a ton of MRM CLA when I was a heffer - lost my typical 1.5lbs/week - same as when I stopped using it.

I'm actually taking Sesamin now - but because it's supposed to be awesome for liver/lipds - can't say I notice any impact on fat, but I've been at either maint. or a slight surplus. I *would* love to know if Scivation is even still producing it, or if all the bottles SP sells are out of date :D

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
In b4 CLA with enhanced absorption technology

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
CLA does have some other benefits, but the weight loss aspect is nonexistent.