Androxal (enclomiphene citrate) clinical trial... placebo?

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
So a close friend of mine was accepted into a low testosterone study in which he was given a 3-month supply of Androxal (enclomiphene citrate). If anyone here knows what that is, it's Clomd (clomiphene/enclomiphene) but without the isosomer zuclomiphene. Thus, the product is being marketed as a 'test booster' for it's ability to restore hpta, specifically in males with hypogonadism. That being said, the test involves receiving a supply of 12.5mg pills, 25mg pills or placebo bills. Eager to see if perhaps he received the actual enclomiphene citrate, he opened a capsule and tasted the powder. The powder appeared to be white and tasteless. Assuming the possibility that it is indeed a placebo, is there any way to have the substance checked/tested? I mean, don't get me wrong, it could simply just be a tasteless compound, but if it is a placebo, he'd rather not waste his time. I don't blame him, low test sucks to deal with, especially for an additional 6-months taking a 'fake' compound. Sending one of his capsules out for testing wouldn't be a problem if anyone has access to such tools/resources. Thanks!

M

made2last

Awards
How did Androxal work out for your friend?

S

sanguine

Awards
if your friend was unwilling to take the placebo, he shouldnt have signed up for the study. mad unethical of him.