Androsterone/Epiandro Detection

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If I were competing in sport and wanted to use one of these would it pop me hot ?

neither are listed on the banned list for my league but DHEA is. Would they cause me to fail the Test/epitest?interested especially in androsterone as its phermone

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I were competing in sport and wanted to use one of these would it pop me hot ?

neither are listed on the banned list for my league but DHEA is. Would they cause me to fail the Test/epitest?interested especially in androsterone as its phermone
All depends on what they are testing for. Most likely yes.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Far from an expert here but I would agree with the answer above. Not only could you get popped for the DHEA there are also other hormones like DHT that these compounds convert to. I'd think almost any hormonal compound would pose a big risk.

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Far from an expert here but I would agree with the answer above. Not only could you get popped for the DHEA there are also other hormones like DHT that these compounds convert to. I'd think almost any hormonal compound would pose a big risk.
How close to it do you think I’d have to cut off usage?

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How close to it do you think I’d have to cut off usage?
I'm scared to even guess on that brother. I think the rule of thumb for a drug to clear your system is 5 half-lives. So the compound itself could clear your system in a few days, but the unknown factor is how it's affected your other hormones. I would think they could possibly be out of whack for a month. Just speculation though, perhaps you'll find someone with some real-world experience and get a more precise answer.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would probably wait a month just to be safe.

USADA doesn't specifically have it listed on their banned list, but I promise you both of those substances are definingly going to be banned and you could be disqualified if you have them in your system.

I checked their supplement411.org site

https://www.usada.org/athletes/substances/supplement-411/ site and it has epiandro listed there:

Here's a list of sanctioned players and what they took to get their suspension.

I couldn't find Androsterone specifically on the list, but plenty of derivatives of it that I would highly guess you would get popped for it. Doesn't Androsterone raise DHT levels? Depending on how they test, if they test your epitest:test ratio is higher than it should be, that would disqualify you as well.

I would also consider taking a product to help beat a drug test prior to your test.

Watch this video from Barry Cooper. He used to be a Texas Drug Interdiction officer so he knows what he's talking about. It's mostly about pot, but the same ideas apply.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
RIPDan, that's an interesting list of suspensions to look over. Kind of funny the first one is Cannabinoids. Bet that really helped him win that weightlifting contest. LOL

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Remember active compound clearance time (what we normally look at from a ‘when to start pct standpoint’ can be very different to detection time (non active metabolites). Deca has a half life of 15 days but can be detected a year down the line.

personally I’d only be taking someone that you know for sure what the detection time is (I believe var is pretty short - 3 weeks from memory but check that)

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Remember active compound clearance time (what we normally look at from a ‘when to start pct standpoint’ can be very different to detection time (non active metabolites). Deca has a half life of 15 days but can be detected a year down the line.

personally I’d only be taking someone that you know for sure what the detection time is (I believe var is pretty short - 3 weeks from memory but check that)
Would var mess with the test/epitest ? Like if I cut off a month out and was still shut down wouldn’t the ratio be off?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would var mess with the test/epitest ? Like if I cut off a month out and was still shut down wouldn’t the ratio be off?
i thought they stopped using the test/epitest as it was too easy to pass by increasing both.....

but to make it easier here’s link to a list of detection times for most compounds

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks I may just wait or find something non tested but I will look into it a bit more and see what this guy is saying
I would recommend microdosing test prop. That's what the pro athletes do not to get caught and it works well.

You are using a very small dose of something with a short ester so it's less likely to show up on an AAS test because it'll be out of your body quickly.

Keep in mind that video I showed you is mostly about pot.

Var would just show up on a test period. The levels of DHT it increases are artificial, it's the var that's acting as the DHT (if that makes any sense) so it would more than likely lower your test/epitest ratio by negative feedback through the HPTA loop. I don't know what that looks like on a drug test, but if your test/epi test levels are too low, it may trigger a harder investigation into.

But honestly, I have no idea. I've done consulting work for college athletes in the past and I've helped them do microdosing of test prop (and sometimes NPP although I don't recommend this).

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would recommend microdosing test prop. That's what the pro athletes do not to get caught and it works well.

You are using a very small dose of something with a short ester so it's less likely to show up on an AAS test because it'll be out of your body quickly.

Keep in mind that video I showed you is mostly about pot.

Var would just show up on a test period. The levels of DHT it increases are artificial, it's the var that's acting as the DHT (if that makes any sense) so it would more than likely lower your test/epitest ratio by negative feedback through the HPTA loop. I don't know what that looks like on a drug test, but if your test/epi test levels are too low, it may trigger a harder investigation into.

But honestly, I have no idea. I've done consulting work for college athletes in the past and I've helped them do microdosing of test prop (and sometimes NPP although I don't recommend this).
yeah NPP is detectable for up to a year bro..... that’s really not the way to go

micro dosing if you mean using a very small amount is pointless as you won’t get the beneficial effects (like micro dosing test pro at less than 150mg a week total would probably leave you worse than taking nothing)

if you mean micro dosing as in taking a small amount each day that still totals the 400mg or whatever performance enhancing amount you want per week then total compound will still be the same as will detection time.

sorry i might be missing something but that makes no sense to me 🤷

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah NPP is detectable for up to a year bro..... that’s really not the way to go

micro dosing if you mean using a very small amount is pointless as you won’t get the beneficial effects (like micro dosing test pro at less than 150mg a week total would probably leave you worse than taking nothing)

if you mean micro dosing as in taking a small amount each day that still totals the 400mg or whatever performance enhancing amount you want per week then total compound will still be the same as will detection time.

sorry i might be missing something but that makes no sense to me 🤷
I don't think NPP is detectable up to a year. Deca is detectable up to 18 months, and nortestosterones are known to have long detection times, so I was just throwing that out there as a possibility.

Read this article about how athletes microdose at the Olympics and it may help you understand how it works better.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think NPP is detectable up to a year. Deca is detectable up to 18 months, and nortestosterones are known to have long detection times, so I was just throwing that out there as a possibility.

Read this article about how athletes microdose at the Olympics and it may help you understand how it works better.

that’s a totally different strategy to the one being discussed in this thread. That’s taking a single dose pre event that is clearing during the event (akin to taking taking halotest pwo for a workout boost).

yeah at an elite level where that extra 0.5% can make s a difference it can work but that isn’t going to add lean mass or reduce body fat and it isn’t what the OP was suggesting he was looking to do.

it would also be fucking hard for anyone other than an elite athlete to time a singular dose on the day of an event to achieve that goal

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i thought they stopped using the test/epitest as it was too easy to pass by increasing both.....

but to make it easier here’s link to a list of detection times for most compounds

Hmm, I hadn't heard that. Wikipedia says it's still used.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/steroids-other-appearance-performance-enhancing-drugs-apeds/how-are-anabolic-steroids-tested-in-athletes (from 2018, doesn't mention test/epitest)

Here's the most common LabCorp AAS test and they test for test/epitest ratio.

Interesting article and accompanying video

https://sites.duke.edu/thepepproject/module-6-steroids-and-athletes-genes-work-overtime/content-background-why-can-anabolic-steroids-be-detected-in-the-body-for-long-periods-of-time/

Old article:

Here's a PDF from a Drug Testing Center saying they still test T/E ratio:

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that’s a totally different strategy to the one being discussed in this thread. That’s taking a single dose pre event that is clearing during the event (akin to taking taking halotest pwo for a workout boost).

yeah at an elite level where that extra 0.5% can make s a difference it can work but that isn’t going to add lean mass or reduce body fat and it isn’t what the OP was suggesting he was looking to do.

it would also be fucking hard for anyone other than an elite athlete to time a singular dose on the day of an event to achieve that goal
Well, there's different forms of microdosing. Microdosing before an event is one thing, but microdosing to avoid a drug test is another. It's absolutely doable and can have good results, even at low doses. Just like we were talking about the other day in the subQ injection thread(s). It's very similar to that, except smaller doses, sometimes throughout the day, and you generally have to buy your own drug test pre-real test to make sure you're not going to pop positive. But, with test prop or even test suspension, you have a very short acting drug that's out of the system fast, you can make some pretty decent strength and endurance gains, depending on what sport you're playing for.

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Follow up question for my friends ;

if I used Var or something that leaves quick like that and discontinue a month out how would this affect test/Epitest ratio? Like the compound would clear and I’d be good on that end but obviously I couldn’t pct with nolva/clomid so would it ruin that ratio?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

nobody wants to read those long ass boring articles except you starscream smdh

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always thought starscream was a 13 year old in his moms babsement. 🤷‍♂️

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've said multiple times I'm not this Starscream person. If you continue to refer to me as that, I will put you on ignore.