Androsterone as a test base?

profit16

Awards
Can this be used as a test base for 1-andro?

thinking of running alpha gainz 1-ad with their alpha andro.

thanks

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I want to say no but I'm not positive, also ppl need to get away from the term test base. Only test is a test base. 4andro at 330mg plus should work. 1 Andro is tuff for some guys tho. I know ppl who've used it alongside their trt and it still killed their sex drive and caused some problems

profit16

Awards
Ok so I’ll use 4-Andro then.

I had just seen a user regularly say they added it to their icon one run for libido lethargy and someone else say the same with regard to ultra hard. Or would they have a base/trt as well perhaps?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I had just seen a user regularly say they added it to their icon one run for libido lethargy and someone else say the same with regard to ultra hard. Or would they have a base/trt as well perhaps?
The 2 main things you need to drive libido, sexual function, energy levels and just general overall feeling good "in the absence of testosterone" are estrogen and dht. For short 4 week cycles " which are a complete waste of time" you can usually get away with nothing as your "test base" medium length cycles of orals 6-8 weeks you want some estrogen and dht is a added bonus.

These are my opinions, honestly 99.9% of anabolics use is based opinions. But I feel like it's a good guideline.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Can this be used as a test base for 1-andro?

thinking of running alpha gainz 1-ad with their alpha andro.

thanks
i ran 1-andro and androsterone together when icon one and alpha seven 1st came out with very nice results-2bottles each=2months--but i am on trt... i would suggest having some dermacrine if needed-maybe starting on 5-6th week, or as needed.

of course the dosing will be different for the salvo products vs the black series lotions...i've never ran the alpha gainz 1-andro but 2mls of the alpha gainz-androsterone was good... @delsolrob could give better info on dosing.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Androsterone converts to DHT, so it's a nice addition to many cycles and should increase libido. But Icon One has DHEA in it, so the estrogen issue is addressed.

Most important addition to 1-Andro run is test/4-Andro/DHEA. Second would be some DHT product like Epiandro and/or Androsterone for example, to give a little push and probably make the run more enjoyable.

Last edited:

profit16

Awards
Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate it.

so if I’m understanding correct, I could run icon one with androsterone only, (as the dhea is there for estrogen in icon one) without the need for 4-Andro?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

so if I’m understanding correct, I could run icon one with androsterone only, (as the dhea is there for estrogen in icon one) without the need for 4-Andro?
It's a bit individual how much dhea or 4-Andro people need. Some fair well with just Icon One, wether Androsterone or anything is added, some need more of something that converts to estrogen. Wouldn't hurt to have 4-Andro or more dhea on hand.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

the dhea included in icon one does give it a advantage over 1-andro products that don't, but like kvan said individuals vary--personally i would have some dermacrine available and maybe start using at the 4 week mark thru the 8 week run..not saying this is necessary but imo, the dermacrine would add a nice boost to both energy and libido.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't see plain dhea providing enough e2 but I've never tried it. Personally I wouldn't rely on it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

You could run whatever you want. There's guys that can run tren solo for months on end with no problem, come off without pct and everything works fine. This stuff is super individual to every person.

The best thing you can do is to purchase all the things you might possibly need, then if something isn't working right you have what you need right on hand correct it