Anavar/Clen Cycle w/Diagnosed Hypothyroidism?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey all, I am hoping someone may have encountered this, or better understands the mechanisms of these drugs.

My partner has been doing this cycle (2 weeks Clen 40mcg, then two weeks Anavar 12.5mg) for several weeks now. She went for her yearly blood draw earlier this week and her TSH levels are very high. I suggested she talk to her doctor, but she's afraid to admit she's been taking the gear. They upped her meds to 75mcg from 50mcg, but I'm thinking this may be too much once she finishes the cycle? Is it possible that this is causing the high TSH? They didn't test free T4 which is odd to me. Any help greatly appreciated!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Based on what you’ve said I’m assuming she’s cutting bro?

@Hyde knows more than me about it but I believe the thyroid down regulated in a cut which could be the issue - if she’s only been cutting a couple of weeks then unlikely but a couple of months and that could be the issue.

T3 is especially effective with clen for women. They appear to not have the same muscle wastage issues men do on it.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
T3 on top of the 75mcg Euthyrox (T4) that she is already taking? They will do bloods again in six weeks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am not aware of Clen or Var having any impact on TSH levels (albeit not that I know enough to say they wouldn’t with any authority).

Dieting for extended periods will lower thyroid, so based on what she’s trying to achieve I would just go with the doctor’s prescription and retest in 6 weeks. If she’s taking Clen, being lean is a serious priority for her - take the script! And maybe ask for a full thyroid panel next visit. Worst they can say is no.