Anavar 50mg Cycle Question

LTFU

Awards
About to start an Anavar 50mg cycle and have a few questions.

For starters I am running 50mg of Anavar daily for 8 weeks. While on cycle I plan to run Clomid every other day and then Clomid everyday for 4 weeks PCT at the end. I have Omegas, BP supps, liver support, etc. to support myself while on cycle as well.

My Anavar is 50mg pills. The half life is roughly 10-12hrs and the peak performance time is about an hour after taking. My question is should I take the entire 50mg pill an hour or so before my workout? Or should I try my best to break them in half and take the first half in the morning and the second half in the afternoon prior to my workout.

Any input is welcome as this is my first time with anavar.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
About to start an Anavar 50mg cycle and have a few questions.

For starters I am running 50mg of Anavar daily for 8 weeks. While on cycle I plan to run Clomid every other day and then Clomid everyday for 4 weeks PCT at the end. I have Omegas, BP supps, liver support, etc. to support myself while on cycle as well.

My Anavar is 50mg pills. The half life is roughly 10-12hrs and the peak performance time is about an hour after taking. My question is should I take the entire 50mg pill an hour or so before my workout? Or should I try my best to break them in half and take the first half in the morning and the second half in the afternoon prior to my workout.

Any input is welcome as this is my first time with anavar.
You may want to pick up a couple more items.
What liver support do you have?

You could break them in half, as long as they don't destroy your sleep (they probably won't).

LTFU

Awards
You may want to pick up a couple more items.
What liver support do you have?

You could break them in half, as long as they don't destroy your sleep (they probably won't).
To be honest, didn't think about the sleep side of things. I'd be taking it around 2PM and normally lay down for bed around 9-10p.

As for liver support, I have CEL Cycle Assist and Milk Thistle currently.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To be honest, didn't think about the sleep side of things. I'd be taking it around 2PM and normally lay down for bed around 9-10p.

As for liver support, I have CEL Cycle Assist and Milk Thistle currently.
You could try it. If it destroys your sleep (aga, it probably won't), you can change to all a.m. dosing.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wouldn't count on Clomid to keep your hormone production at a sufficient level (I'm guessing that's what you're taking it for).

Unless you have the old version of Cycle Assist, which includes NAC, then I would add NAC to your supports. Adding TUDCA is also never a bad idea, when taking methylated orals.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn't count on Clomid to keep your hormone production at a sufficient level (I'm guessing that's what you're taking it for).

Unless you have the old version of Cycle Assist, which includes NAC, then I would add NAC to your supports. Adding TUDCA is also never a bad idea, when taking methylated orals.
I agree with all of this.
Thanks, @KvanH , I missed the Clomid part.

LTFU

Awards

I appreciate the feedback. I'll check my Cycle Assist but odds are it's the new version because I bought it last summer/fall. I'll grab both NAC and TUDCA and throw it in.

And correct, my goal with the clomid was to keep it at a sufficient level. If I upped it to every day on cycle vs. every other day would that make a difference? If not, I'm assuming a test base is the suggestion?... My buddy is running a similar cycle as me but pinning test along with it. I'll be honest, only reason I'm not is because I'm a b**** with needles. I'll pass out everytime...

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I appreciate the feedback. I'll check my Cycle Assist but odds are it's the new version because I bought it last summer/fall. I'll grab both NAC and TUDCA and throw it in.

And correct, my goal with the clomid was to keep it at a sufficient level. If I upped it to every day on cycle vs. every other day would that make a difference? If not, I'm assuming a test base is the suggestion?... My buddy is running a similar cycle as me but pinning test along with it. I'll be honest, only reason I'm not is because I'm a b**** with needles. I'll pass out everytime...
Taking it every day will make a difference generally, sure. But it may still not be able to keep your endogenous hormone production online. Many have tried the SERM + gear approach and from what I've seen, most have been unsuccessful. Some reports of success with SERM + SARM have been going around, but I don't remember, if I've seen the actual bloodwork and what the dosing of the SARM has been.

You could take 4-Andro or transdermal DHEA to keep some level of estro and test in your system.

In the long haul, a bad aversion to pinning is a problem though, imo. Especially if playing around with anabolics leads you to need TRT down the line.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

So you rather try to endure the shitty side effects of not having a proper test base than a 2 second pin once a week? Let’s see how you feel without it. It’s simple, painless and effective.

teamguy312

Awards
I used legitimate anavar for 3-4 years in cycles of 8 weeks. I used a high dose and split it into two doses, either 50mg AM and 50mg PM or 40mg am and pm. Not saying to take this dose, it’s what I did a while ago. So short answer, split it up, it didn’t keep me awake at night personally and I would take 50mg before bed. That being said, anavar will **** on your lipids, genetically predisposed people should be aware. Also, from my research, it is a safer compound for the liver but is metabolized more than most steroids through the kidneys and to be honest, I’d rather have something harsher on the liver than the kidneys, regenerative qualities are very different between these two organs. I’ve found that turinabol makes me just as strong, (var makes you very strong, huge strength boosting drug) and tbol not only makes me just as strong, but actually increases my endurance more also. So, I used anavar for a long time and switched to tbol for the reasons above. However, everyone is an individual and responds as such, just get blood work and remember there are other options if necessary. Use a liver support no matter what, I take 1g of TUDCA and 1200mg of NAC per day on orals, overkill doses in most peoples opinion but it protected me (my bloodwork). Good luck man, train hard and take your diet as seriously as the anavar, you’ll do fine.

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

If you can't handle needles than gear isn't for you plain and simple no andro product will be a sufficient test base. How long do you think yiur liver and kidneys are going to last if all you do is oral cycles

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I used legitimate anavar for 3-4 years in cycles of 8 weeks. I used a high dose and split it into two doses, either 50mg AM and 50mg PM or 40mg am and pm. Not saying to take this dose, it’s what I did a while ago. So short answer, split it up, it didn’t keep me awake at night personally and I would take 50mg before bed. That being said, anavar will **** on your lipids, genetically predisposed people should be aware. Also, from my research, it is a safer compound for the liver but is metabolized more than most steroids through the kidneys and to be honest, I’d rather have something harsher on the liver than the kidneys, regenerative qualities are very different between these two organs. I’ve found that turinabol makes me just as strong, (var makes you very strong, huge strength boosting drug) and tbol not only makes me just as strong, but actually increases my endurance more also. So, I used anavar for a long time and switched to tbol for the reasons above. However, everyone is an individual and responds as such, just get blood work and remember there are other options if necessary. Use a liver support no matter what, I take 1g of TUDCA and 1200mg of NAC per day on orals, overkill doses in most peoples opinion but it protected me (my bloodwork). Good luck man, train hard and take your diet as seriously as the anavar, you’ll do fine.
That is a dose of anavar that I have personally never touched. I actually have 50 pills of 50mgs of anavar which kind of pissed me off because I ordered 100 pills of 25mgs but they sent it to me in 50mg tablets. So now I have to use a pill cutter to cut these tablets into 4 ways as I wanted to run 12.5mgs X 3 per day = 37.5mgs. I don't personally like running a high dose of any anabolic anymore. Low dose anavar can make a nice long but mild cycle.

As far as tbol, I definitely agree. One of the best "feel good" orals out there for me. Similar feeling to its PH halodrol which I also feel great on. Most orals will make you feel like crap, so if anyone is going to do an oral only cycle, anavar and tbol are probably the way to go.

LTFU

Awards
Taking it every day will make a difference generally, sure. But it may still not be able to keep your endogenous hormone production online. Many have tried the SERM + gear approach and from what I've seen, most have been unsuccessful. Some reports of success with SERM + SARM have been going around, but I don't remember, if I've seen the actual bloodwork and what the dosing of the SARM has been.

You could take 4-Andro or transdermal DHEA to keep some level of estro and test in your system.

In the long haul, a bad aversion to pinning is a problem though, imo. Especially if playing around with anabolics leads you to need TRT down the line.
I'll throw in 4-Andro transdermal. I've used this in the past and responded well to it.

Overview would be:
-50mg Anavar for 8 weeks
-IML 4-Andro for 8 weeks
-Clomid e/o day for 8 weeks
-Omega 3, NAC & TUDCA daily

PCT:
-Clomid for 4 weeks

I appreciate you and everyone else on this threads feedback. If you guys see anything missing or further suggestions I'm open.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll throw in 4-Andro transdermal. I've used this in the past and responded well to it.

Overview would be:
-50mg Anavar for 8 weeks
-IML 4-Andro for 8 weeks

PCT:
-Clomid for 4 weeks

I appreciate you and everyone else on this threads feedback. If you guys see anything missing or further suggestions I'm open.
I think the Clomid is pretty much redundant during the cycle. I'd just do a normal PCT afterwards with the Clomid. TD 4-Andro should keep you feeling well, while on cycle. I would recommend 150 mg at minimum. Taurine is always a good addition as well and it's cheap.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Overview would be:
-50mg Anavar for 8 weeks
-IML 4-Andro for 8 weeks

PCT:
-Clomid for 4 weeks

I don't get it. The 4-andro will just be another suppressive compound. If you believe clomid will keep your hormones level, why add the 4-andro? And if you're taking clomid throughout the cycle (I am assuming you have done this before and it worked?), then why would you need a 4 week PCT at a higher dose afterwards?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think the Clomid is pretty much redundant during the cycle. I'd just do a normal PCT afterwards with the Clomid. TD 4-Andro should keep you feeling well, while on cycle. I would recommend 150 mg at minimum. Taurine is always a good addition as well and it's cheap.
I agree with this. Personally, I don't like the risk/reward of running clomid on cycle that long. Doesn't make sense to me. I would just run the 4-andro instead and use the clomid for PCT.

LTFU

Awards
Any transdermal 4-Andro’s you guys recommend? I’ve used Iron Mag Labs in the past but they’re out of stock as well as every reseller of theirs..

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any transdermal 4-Andro’s you guys recommend? I’ve used Iron Mag Labs in the past but they’re out of stock as well as every reseller of theirs..
Not many out there anymore. If you can find Iconic's Alpha Four or Alpha Gainz 4-Andro somewhere, those are good. Andro the giant is a well dosed oral version.

LTFU

Awards
Not many out there anymore. If you can find Iconic's Alpha Four or Alpha Gainz 4-Andro somewhere, those are good. Andro the giant is a well dosed oral version.
Thanks, just got some Iconic Alpha Four on order. Again, I appreciate your help and input.

LTFU

Awards
I figure since I have this discussion going I might as well update the chat every few days with how the cycles going, both for other viewers as well as for me too look back on one day.

Cycle (8wks):
- 50mg Anavar (afternoon about an hour before my workout) daily
- Iconic Alpha Four (two pumps in the morning, to pumps in the afternoon) daily
- 250mg TUDCA daily
- 1000mg NAC daily
- 500mg Omega 3 daily

Starting weight 240lbs.

Currently on day 5. Could be a mind game but I'm feeling a little harder and definitely getting a nice pump each day on the targeted body parts. At times I've noticed my BP feels a little spiked so I'm going to grab some Taurine to throw in the the stack as well.

Side note, if anyone has recommendations on the dosing of my support supps above let me know.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Side note, if anyone has recommendations on the dosing of my support supps above let me know.
Definitely interested in this run…always been curious about var. (hard-ish compound to source some legit!)

Anyway @Hyde posted some legit paperwork about NAC causing osteoarthritis a couple months ago.

Maybe half that Nac dosage and throw in milk thistle or up do 500 Tudca 🤷‍♂️

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Definitely interested in this run…always been curious about var. (hard-ish compound to source some legit!)

Anyway @Hyde posted some legit paperwork about NAC causing osteoarthritis a couple months ago.

Yeah, I'd double the TUDCA.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's interesting on the NAC, what @Rad83 said, I need to check it out. I was going to say, that the NAC dose looks good to me, but anything over 600 mg is probably enough. The 250 mg of TUDCA seems to be the most common recommendation on the product labels, but I think 500 mg is more common amongst steronz users.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yeah 500mg TUDCA solo will be more than enough liver support for 50mg Var daily. It will also help cholesterol a tad more.

If you want any more cycle support suggestions, look at SNS Kidney Support XT. It has a full dose of Astragalus for kidney health & immune, large amounts of grape seed & pine bark for BP, antioxidants & kidney health, Milk Thistle for LDL and liver health, and 500mg Curcumin to top it off.

If you don’t want to go the full support route, I would get enough Astragalus to take 3g+ daily at least.

That's interesting on the NAC, what @Rad83 said, I need to check it out. I was going to say, that the NAC dose looks good to me, but anything over 600 mg is probably enough. The 250 mg of TUDCA seems to be the most common recommendation on the product labels, but I think 500 mg is more common amongst steronz users.
There is meta-analysis suggesting a significant correlation between those who used NAC daily at basically any effective dose for at least a month straight, and osteoarthritis in the knees.

I personally used NAC at 600-1,200mg for at least a couple years straight, while using it for a few months at a time for 5+ years before that during oral runs. When I had my elbow scoped to remove bone spurs last winter, the surgeon informed me I do have osteoarthritis in that elbow. I’m 32, and while I’ve been lifting the last 14 years I’ve never had a particularly high volume or frequency, and I’ve also even been supplementing large amounts of collagen the last 4 years. I’ve never had my knees worked on or analyzed, but I can definitely say they’re clicky and worst than most. I’ve also squat over 600 in sleeves, so how much is NAC vs my genetics & powerlifting is speculative.

So that’s N=1, but the paper suggests it’s not something to stay on basally, or even take for a month at a time.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah 500mg TUDCA solo will be more than enough liver support for 50mg Var daily. It will also help cholesterol a tad more.

If you want any more cycle support suggestions, look at SNS Kidney Support XT. It has a full dose of Astragalus for kidney health & immune, large amounts of grape seed & pine bark for BP, antioxidants & kidney health, Milk Thistle for LDL and liver health, and 500mg Curcumin to top it off.

If you don’t want to go the full support route, I would get enough Astragalus to take 3g+ daily at least.

There is meta-analysis suggesting a significant correlation between those who used NAC daily at basically any effective dose for at least a month straight, and osteoarthritis in the knees.

I personally used NAC at 600-1,200mg for at least a couple years straight, while using it for a few months at a time for 5+ years before that during oral runs. When I had my elbow scoped to remove bone spurs last winter, the surgeon informed me I do have osteoarthritis in that elbow. I’m 32, and while I’ve been lifting the last 14 years I’ve never had a particularly high volume or frequency, and I’ve also even been supplementing large amounts of collagen the last 4 years. I’ve never had my knees worked on or analyzed, but I can definitely say they’re clicky and worst than most. I’ve also squat over 600 in sleeves, so how much is NAC vs my genetics & powerlifting is speculative.

So that’s N=1, but the paper suggests it’s not something to stay on basally, or even take for a month at a time.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm a little bummed out about that info though, lol. I've consider NAC as such a good overall health supplement.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

@Hyde , I know you probably posted that study earlier, could you please link it again?
Important information.
Thanks!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm a little bummed out about that info though, lol. I've consider NAC as such a good overall health supplement.
I think it’s a fantastic supplement, but in light of this I do not use it basally any longer. I pulse a gram cap in about 1-3 days per week, and if I am getting sick/rundown at all I will take it for a week or so straight. If I was taking orals, I would use it for a couple week waves at a time, but probably not on major training days. This would help glutathione stores and liver support significantly more than nothing, without really risking any impact to acute training responses. It’s very cheap and very good for you, on a general level.

One of the hypothesized methods of how NAC might have be promoting their osteoarthritis is that it might interfere with the healing/recovery process, so the knees never got the normal tissue adaptation/recovery they would have without the NAC present concurrently.

@Hyde , I know you probably posted that study earlier, could you please link it again?
Important information.
Thanks!

Again, NOT totally concrete (and there are indeed very concrete benefits to NAC usage), so I’m not saying throw the baby out with the bath water, or that a month of NAC is going to blow your joints off, but I will no longer use it daily and especially not on training days.

I’m also not sure there’s a need. I can tell you my liver values are still the same after a decade of cycles using orals at least twice a year with ~500mg TUDCA & 1,000-1,200mg NAC & more recently also standardized Silymarin, but how bad would they be if I just took a bit more TUDCA and Milk Thistle and took 2g NAC or pinned some Glutathione on a couple days I don’t train weekly? Probably the same. I mean people shouldn’t be running significant doses of orals longer than a couple months routinely anyway.

LTFU

Awards
I appreciate all you guys feedback.

I'll be upping the TUDCA to 500mg and scaling back on the NAC.

Saturday was squats, squats and some more squats. It definitely took longer to get gassed which was nice. Muscles have felt a lot fuller as the week went on. Also have starting getting some of that feel good alpha mentality which is always a perk.

Sunday was a rest day.

LTFU

Awards
Week 2 in the books.

My body comp is starting to show some subtle change. I’m definitely feeling stronger and more confident in the gym.

Chest day I was able to bust out 15 reps of 315 on flat bench with the sling shot on at the end of my working sets. I’ve never tried to rep out that many so it’s not a great comparison to anything, however, I’m not sure I would’ve gotten that off cycle. The other days (back/legs/shoulders/arms) all went great. The pumps are insane and the mental confidence is great as well. I’m excited to be going into week 3 of 8.

Something I keep going back and forth on is intermittent fasting. Prior to starting the cycle my plan was to start intermittent fasting. Now that I’m on cycle I can’t decide if I want to start now or wait until after the cycle. Starting now would help boost trimming down going into summer. The biggest thing holding me back is if I start now I won’t quite know how effective the cycle is on it’s own without the introduced diet change. Decisions, decisions….. If anyone has some advice to make me lean one way or another I’m here for it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Week 2 in the books.

My body comp is starting to show some subtle change. I’m definitely feeling stronger and more confident in the gym.

Chest day I was able to bust out 15 reps of 315 on flat bench with the sling shot on at the end of my working sets. I’ve never tried to rep out that many so it’s not a great comparison to anything, however, I’m not sure I would’ve gotten that off cycle. The other days (back/legs/shoulders/arms) all went great. The pumps are insane and the mental confidence is great as well. I’m excited to be going into week 3 of 8.

Something I keep going back and forth on is intermittent fasting. Prior to starting the cycle my plan was to start intermittent fasting. Now that I’m on cycle I can’t decide if I want to start now or wait until after the cycle. Starting now would help boost trimming down going into summer. The biggest thing holding me back is if I start now I won’t quite know how effective the cycle is on it’s own without the introduced diet change. Decisions, decisions….. If anyone has some advice to make me lean one way or another I’m here for it
I’m 86 hours deep in my current fast, so you know I strongly believe in the benefits for leaning out while preserving the most muscle.

That being said, I do NOT think you should do it right now - the goal should be to maximize lean mass gains since your pharmacology here is so mild. You will not be at any better point to grow new muscle until the next time you use androgens again, and the amount you are using isn’t sufficient to take you far beyond natural limits, so your ability to retain your gains well later on while leaning out is higher. That would be the time to employ some Mk677 and use IF to target your daily reduced nutrition in a tighter window around training to keep performance (and muscle retention) up. More muscle built now means easier to lean out later.

The way I would do it is to build now, maintain for several weeks of PCT so you can ingest sufficient fats to restore test quickly (you can practice some IF here, but get the nutrition in), then begin your cut with some extended fasting.

Var is the best drug to cut on for muscle retention after Tren, due to their glucocorticoid inhibition, but for someone just occasionally taking orals you need to make the blasts count.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow 86 hours kick ass bro!
I been doing 24 makes me want to do 48.

I got some 25 var tabs once. One in the morning one at night with test was one of my best cycles. Wish I could get some again. Makes me want to throw 10 sd into my current blast. Probably not much of a difference..