Anabolics For Upper Body...GH For Frequent Lower Body Training?

GaryG

Awards
I've now experienced something I've read about a few times: anabolics have a much more pronounced effect on the upper body where AR density is much higher, and therefore a more pronounced effect on the bench press than on the squat.

So I'm wondering what squat-centric athletes like weightlifters are taking that let them train the larger muscles of the lower body so frequently and so heavily.

I get the impression that weightlifters are more likely to get popped for growth hormone and such (like former YouTube sensation P. Mendes).

In terms of absolute numbers my bench gains have matched my squat gains...but in relative terms my bench is skyrocketing on LGD while my squat progress is way less impressive.

Also I find that my squat recovery times still suck and I can't squat more than twice per week and make progress. Meanwhile with bench I can train three and four times per week and add strength at the rate of nearly a pound per day (50 lbs in less than 70 days so far!).

I ordered some MK 677 and I'm hoping that maybe...just maybe...this will allow me to recover a bit more quickly and get my squat moving the way my bench does.

Any input or corrections appreciated!

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed the same thing on osta, increased my upper body strength a lot more and quicker than lower body..would like to see what others think about GH for lower body.

GaryG

Awards
I noticed the same thing on osta, increased my upper body strength a lot more and quicker than lower body..would like to see what others think about GH for lower body.
Word. Just want to clarify that I'm not saying GH would directly affect muscle size/strength the way test/steroids would affect upper body strength. But quicker recovery would go a long way by allowing the squat to be trained twice as often (or more).

A lot of the best pound-for-pound deep squatters in the world (Olympic-calibre weightlifters) squat multiple times per week, and according to reports, multiple times per day. You don't see the best benchers in the world training with that kind of frequency. I'm guessing it's because bench responds better simply to higher dosing of anabolics while squats respond less well to anabolics but much better to frequency...so squats respond to drugs that allow an increase in training frequency.

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Word. Just want to clarify that I'm not saying GH would directly affect muscle size/strength the way test/steroids would affect upper body strength. But quicker recovery would go a long way by allowing the squat to be trained twice as often (or more).

A lot of the best pound-for-pound deep squatters in the world (Olympic-calibre weightlifters) squat multiple times per week, and according to reports, multiple times per day. You don't see the best benchers in the world training with that kind of frequency. I'm guessing it's because bench responds better simply to higher dosing of anabolics while squats respond less well to anabolics but much better to frequency...so squats respond to drugs that allow an increase in training frequency.
Yea I agree, even while on osta I could only hit legs twice a week really, even then I knew I couldn't keep up with that frequency long term. At least that is my personal experience.