hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After finishing my first cycle, I noted the addictive potential of steroids. When saying "steroids" I mean all anabolics, PH's and Sarms included.
Here the thoughts popping up in my head:

- I only noticeable grow when "on"
- when trying to loose fat, I'll need an anabolic to counteract muscle loss
- I need something anabolic while doing PCT, if not, I will loose muscles
- when off cycle, all workouts are "flimsy", I'm lacking strengths
- without anabolics I'm working out only to preserve my muscles

Recently, I did 7 weeks off, not consuming any exercise related chemicals other then Whey shakes, just to see if I could do it.
I did not progress at the gym, I got a bit smaller and now I'm planing a new cycle...

Am I the only one thinking that it is an addiction?
How do you guys deal with it?
Will this stay with you as long as you do bodybuilding, once you changed to the dark side?

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
All this really does is prove that which is already known but so often ignored. Anabolics are no match for poor genetics, poor diet/training and a lifestyle that almost never matches the asthetic we wish to see in the mirror.

1. Genetics
2. Diet
3. Training and lifestyle
4. Anabolics

If we read what so many OG's have stated over many years, we come away with the honest reality that anabolics should be used to take us further than we can go naturally. If they are used in a way that allows us to cheat the natural order of things, we will never be able to get to where we want to go.

Most of us (maybe yourself included) are addicted to chasing a visual of what we want to look like. We have to realize though that after years of chasing the same dream without ever catching it, we may need to change our running shoes and maybe run in a different direction from time to time.

The ideals and the practices that we carry with us as we cross the threshold into the world of anabolics, will stay with us until we realize they are the only thing holding us back.

Edit: I hope this post didn't come across as a personal attack. I think we all struggle with our own post-cycle let down. I just believe that the anabolics are neither the problem nor the solution.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Toren, I agree.

Nowadays, the physical ideals are almost impossible to achieve, for women and men alike. Being healthy and active doesn't do it anymore, if one is influenced by the media and commercials.
It's the commercialization of the so called "perfect male body" that could take part of the blame for anabolics abuse.

As a user, being ill informed or with a predisposition for abuse, it will lead to addiction.
I'm not talking about me anymore, as I'm aware of the up- and downsides.
A friend of mine is virtually ALWAYS "on". He uses everything in his grasp. One day he is dieting, another he visits me , bringing pizza and potato chips for a binge-feast. Afterwards he starves himself, doubling-up his dosage of whatever he is on.

With this thread I would like to call for awareness and share my thoughts.

I still believe that I will quit using any anabolics when I reached my goals. What about the others?

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Man I am really inept at conveying my thoughts over a keyboard. After deleting my previous statement. I will just say this.

If you reach the goals with anabolics, then take those away, and the problem is physical and not mental, will the accomplishments go backward, and the old goals need to be reached again.?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I am really inept at conveying my thoughts over a keyboard. After deleting my previous statement. I will just say this.

If you reach the goals with anabolics, then take those away, and the problem is physical and not mental, will the accomplishments go backward, and the old goals need to be reached again.?
Struggling too to express myself , as English is not my native tongue.

I guess if you go over your genetic potential, using anabolics, you definitely will go back to your previous state.
If you don't like it this way, then you will be hooked.
I'm wondering how many users will come forward and share their thoughts.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was a natural when young and I have a pretty good idea what my goal is, is it achievable at 47? I guess I'll find out.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly we have hundreds of clients we get them to the look they want naturally whether losing 50lbs. Getting to single digit bf% etc. It takes discipline knowledge dedication. Not anabolics I don't put anybody on anabolics that isn't competing

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the guys who are already using, like me:

-Do you see an addictive potential for anabolics?

-Ever thought to quit doing cycles and go natural again?

-Do you think you are already addicted to anabolics?

-Do you care?

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Honestly we have hundreds of clients we get them to the look they want naturally whether losing 50lbs. Getting to single digit bf% etc. It takes discipline knowledge dedication. Not anabolics I don't put anybody on anabolics that isn't competing
Would you say if you are not competing then you're just wasting money? Specifically the 'designer' line of products.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would you say if you are not competing then you're just wasting money? Specifically the 'designer' line of products.
I wouldn't say your wasting money I just don't see the need to use them I'm not against using them but if I can get somebody from 23% bf to 9 5% naturally why give them something potentially harmful

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

-Do you care?
Any drug can be addictive

My natural test isn't high enough that quitting is a viable option

I'm not sure if its an addiction in the classic sense since my body needs a certain amount of test to function where as a body never needs Xocai ne etc for basic biological functions

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any drug can be addictive

My natural test isn't high enough that quitting is a viable option

I'm not sure if its an addiction in the classic sense since my body needs a certain amount of test to function where as a body never needs Xocai ne etc for basic biological functions
HRT or TRT is a exception to this thread, unless it was induced do to anabolics abuse.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

-Do you care?
Yes.

I've thought about it, but I would not be happy with my training I do not think.

I am not sure I would call it addicted. I am capable of stopping any moment I want if it starts to affect areas of my life in negative ways that should not be affected. My family, friends, work, my degree, my girlfriend. I'm talking serious issues though, not the occasional uncalled for bad attitude.

I do not care, no. I do my best to do this healthy and this is a huge part of my life and I go all in when I am apart of something I really care about and want.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, being on cycle gives me a reason to reduce my drinking. Lol so I see it as somewhat of a good thing to me at some points.

Weatherman

Awards
I think aas can be very addictive mentally. I also think it's really easy to justify its use. When you like what you see and like how you feel and everyone is telling you how good you look and your getting laid more. It's gonna be hard to let it go. I think it takes disciplince to do it the right way. People with a history of addiction should probably think twice before using juice

zman86

zman86

Awards
  • Established
I'm 29, besides the current Sarms I'm taking I've only done like 3 separate cycles of epistane and one of them stacked with 11oxo. Never pinned or took any class III orals. I'm basically only semi-enhanced and have bulked naturally most of the times in the past.

In the end it's not all about enhancement, it's either your about the fitness life style or your not.

consistency is key... No matter on or off cycle you have to maintain: Zero or very minimum alcohol consumption, Eat clean and count macros, and train hard every week.

A lot of people are lying to themselves and the first conclusion they come to is ****ty genetics. But 9 times out of 10 it's those above things they don't follow. Everyone want to push the ez button and yes this will lead some to steroid abuse.

If you fked up your endocrine system thru abuse or improper pct then that's your own fault. You will probably have stay enhanced thru TRT/HRT probably for life, might as well call it addiction at this point.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, they can be addictive, chasing the dragon.
I remember thinking, if I get here, it'll be enough. But it never is. At 185 and 5'8.5" I'm not imo big by any means, but reality doesn't hit me until "regular" people comment to my wife on my size.
I'm sure I have some body image issues, and working at a gym you'll always see someone bigger stronger, or more ripped than you but you keep pushing until you get hurt, take a break, recover, then keep pushing.
Some may actually say, okay, I like what I've accomplished and stop, but most will always want to accomplish more.

But I would never recommend ped's to a client. The dedication to understand and use properly takes so much time, I don't expect them to do so, nor do I have the time to make sure they are.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember thinking, if I get here, it'll be enough. But it never is.
I'm sure I have some body image issues...
Yep, that's what I'm afraid off. The body image issue is also true for me.
Thanks for your honesty, man.