Unanswered Anabolic Steroids VS Corticosteroids for spinal stenosis

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I understand that cortisone is anti inflammatory, but couldn’t therapy for spinal stenosis be found through AAS as well? Strengthening the muscles on the neck to pull the spinal column open?

No?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand that cortisone is anti inflammatory, but couldn’t therapy for spinal stenosis be found through AAS as well? Strengthening the muscles on the neck to pull the spinal column open?

No?
Yes, and was common place for many things at one time. But politics became too great to ignore and their use was discouraged.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I spoke directly to a AAS friendly dr about this some 15 yrs ago. He agreed completely but at that time no one, and i mean no one was prescribing AAS for things like this. At the time about the only people getting AAS were the HIV dudes.. the 90's were legit fuked for those seeking a doctors guidance. not to mention most know dik all about them.
At any rate.. continue discussing. good topic

NGtrains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Can anyone expound more on what they think I this can be used for? In my line of work it’s all people with neurological and muscular disorders. Would be curious to know how the application would work specifically.
On top of lots of other things.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can anyone expound more on what they think I this can be used for? In my line of work it’s all people with neurological and muscular disorders. Would be curious to know how the application would work specifically.
On top of lots of other things.
I guess your a physical therapist?

But speaking specifically in terms of anti-inflammatory agents and musculoskeletal disorders, anabolic-androgenic steroids are much safer and more efficacious than gluccocorticoids. They both reduce IL-6, but the gluccocorticoid accelerates and worsens the disease and the androgen slows and possibly reverses it with less systemic toxicity.

NGtrains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I guess your a physical therapist?

But speaking specifically in terms of anti-inflammatory agents and musculoskeletal disorders, anabolic-androgenic steroids are much safer and more efficacious than gluccocorticoids. They both reduce IL-6, but the gluccocorticoid accelerates and worsens the disease and the androgen slows and possibly reverses it with less systemic toxicity.
Nah dude, not that fancy. I work on and configure complex wheelchairs.

While I can definitely see why they seem better. I’ve just never heard this before.

Has anyone done studies? Any specific diseases?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i woulod look into the suppression of cortisol from AAS, see if you can find any thing joocy there.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nw, how would the treatment work? Local injection of... what? Deca? Anavar? Formebolone?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nw, how would the treatment work? Local injection of... what? Deca? Anavar? Formebolone?
Just normal systemic IM injection in the deltoid, glute, thigh, etc... Deca and Anavar are probably the best agents to use in this regard, and the most studied.

I remember seeing some fantastic trials recently on oxandrolone in children with severe burns.