Anabolic rating

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the silly question.

Can someone tell me the significance of the anabolic rating and what it actually means.

For example.

Anavar
Anabolic rating 320/630
Androgenic rating 24

I understand we sit at 100/100 but i can’t workout why Androgenic rating is double the anabolic rating in these scales.

Thanks for any assistance.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't understand why you have 3 numbers listed there. .....
320, 630, & 24

Where'd the 320 come from?
(That's an honest question).

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Also.

I read that tbol (my current solo cycle) has an anabolic rating of 54.....yet in 3 weeks I have put in notable size. How is this possible if my natural anabolic rating is 100.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ironjunkies website displays it this way buddy.
Ohhh.... I see.
Do you know what that's supposed to mean?

Well, you'd think that an anabolic rating would be based upon how likely a compound is to promote (muscle) growth in our bodies. But it's really kind of an odd procedure (IMO) how they come up with those numbers.
You should read up on how it's done.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I understand now brother. They're giving a huge spread on the (possible?) Anabolic rating.
IMO, it doesn't matter much anyway. That value doesn't mean a lot (ehh, IMO).

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Well as far as I can tell the 320 is the anabolic rating, the 630 is the Androgenic rating and this gives it an Androgenic rating of 24.

What I don’t understand is why the Androgenic is so much higher than the anabolic rating. Maybe I’m missing something obvious but I can quite work it out.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I understand now brother. They're giving a huge spread on the (possible?) Anabolic rating.
IMO, it doesn't matter much anyway. That value doesn't mean a lot (ehh, IMO).
Thank goodness man I’ve been purely going on other people’s reviews on what AAS they have taken and I’ve went for the one best for me.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well as far as I can tell the 320 is the anabolic rating, the 630 is the Androgenic rating and this gives it an Androgenic rating of 24.

What I don’t understand is why the Androgenic is so much higher than the anabolic rating. Maybe I’m missing something obvious but I can quite work it out.
They were giving the Anabolic number a spread of between 320-630. The Androgenic number was 24.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank goodness man I’ve been purely going on other people’s reviews on what AAS they have taken and I’ve went for the one best for me.
Tbol is a good one, bro. I keep wanting to run it myself, but I keep getting caught up with Var instead.
Enjoy your run.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
They were giving the Anabolic number a spread of between 320-630. The Androgenic number was 24.
Oh man of course. Totally misinterpreted these numbers. i really appreciate that brother

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Tbol is a good one, bro. I keep wanting to run it myself, but I keep getting caught up with Var instead.
Enjoy your run.

How do you enjoy var brother? My next cycle is either gonna be var or or Halotestin

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How do you enjoy var brother? My next cycle is either gonna be var or or Halotestin
Do yourself a favor and don't run Halotestin. It is the perfect example of misleading Anabolic numbers. It's Anabolic rating is 1900!!! (I belive), but in reality, it's ability to add muscle mass to your body is almost none. And it is extremely toxic (like top 5).

Var is great. It's my favorite compound.
But I WILL try Tbol. ...... someday. LOL

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
anabolic ratings dont translate in the real world. much like mithras.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do yourself a favor and don't run Halotestin. It is the perfect example of misleading Anabolic numbers. It's Anabolic rating is 1900!!! (I belive), but in reality, it's ability to add muscle mass to your body is almost none. And it is extremely toxic (like top 5).

Var is great. It's my favorite compound.
But I WILL try Tbol. ...... someday. LOL
You said it perfectly. And one day I will try tbol as well. Have to get over the misconceptions about it i had til this year. I thought of it like dirty var. which, it kind of is in a sense. But it's really not as toxic as I had thought.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
anabolic ratings dont translate in the real world. much like mithras.
Well in the defense of Mithras it is about as strong as dianabol, but at a little higher dose. And it's less nauseating to me.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Aww thanks guys that would have been a bad move. Ok looks like Var for my next cycle then.

So tbol anabolic rating is 54, var rating is 320/360.....does this transfer to mass building?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only steroid whose anabolic rating I thought was super accurate is 1-Test in its cypionate form. It is very very very anabolic, seemingly as side free as test at the same dosages. Meaning 200mgs will be virtually zero side effects noticed and getting solid gains for most guys. 400mg being more likely to cause sides of some kind, and of course 600mg+ being the turning point where sides tend to be a guarantee. What sides does DHB cypionate have? Acne, lethargy, low cholesterol, suppression and shutdown obviously. But that's it. That's pretty damn mild and as I said, only occurs at high dosages which aren't even necessary for most.

Stacked with a low dose of test, it's pretty much the perfect cycle. Even for beginners. Possibly better than straight test cyp. 300mg test and 200mg DHB cyp instead, should be as anabolic easily as 500mg test but with relative sides to just that 300mgs test.

Just sayin...

Anyway, definitely try anavar for your next cycle. It's good. You will like it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Aww thanks guys that would have been a bad move. Ok looks like Var for my next cycle then.

So tbol anabolic rating is 54, var rating is 320/360.....does this transfer to mass building?
Nope.

LOL.

You just kinda have to ignore the Anabolic rating, TBO.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Yes. Anavar is most definitely more anabolic than tbol. You will get good size and strength gains on a calorie surplus with 40-50mg daily anavar in a relatively short time with adequate training. You may also lose some bodyfat, even on a surplus.

Turinabol, you won't lose the bodyfat, I believe this is where they decided the difference in rating would lie. Anavar increases metabolism far better than turinabol.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
What’s a decent dosage for var a day on a 6week cycle???

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Perfect. PCT ok with Nolva 20mg a day for 4weeks?
Yeah.

You'll probably get different answers for this.
I think I might do 30/20/20/20(or 10)

It's a little more subjective, but IMO, you'd be fine either way.

(And of course I'd run TUDCA, and on cycle support during cycle)

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pat Arnold said the A:A ratings were pretty much useless for bodybuilders, mainly due to the huge (ie non-therapeutic) doses we tend to use.

I mean consider the side effect and safety profile differences of testosterone when used in a strictly TRT setting, vs the relatively huge cycle/blast doses of us bros. Dose makes the medicine/poison.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pat Arnold said the A:A ratings were pretty much useless for bodybuilders, mainly due to the huge (ie non-therapeutic) doses we tend to use.

I mean consider the side effect and safety profile differences of testosterone when used in a strictly TRT setting, vs the relatively huge cycle/blast doses of us bros. Dose makes the medicine/poison.
Tends to be the case with us that if its not very anabolic we just take a big enough dose that it is.

"Oh 11oxo that stuff is crap." (150mg)

"Try 11oxo at 900mg/day"

Reactions: Nac
LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Halotestin pulsed or PWO is fantastic, but taken as a main substance in a cycle no bueno, terrible sides. And only good for strength gains and aggression.... perfect for power lifters! My 2 cents

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Halotestin pulsed or PWO is fantastic, but taken as a main substance in a cycle no bueno, terrible sides. And only good for strength gains and aggression.... perfect for power lifters! My 2 cents
I was considering getting some, but went metribolone instead. For now, anyway. Taken strictly prewo (fasted first thing in morn), how long would it (halotestin) typically take to kick in? And 20mg be plenty?

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20mg pwo is plenty of kick. Kicks in pretty quick for me so typically an hr before

Reactions: Nac