Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not Exactly a meme, but these are nice pics of Clint Eastwood and Betty Weider, 93 and 94 years of age.
(y):)

Screenshot_20240402-144518~2.png

Screenshot_20240403-103310~2.png

*** EDIT: Although they look very close in these pics, they May only be friends ...

:)

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
“if I took what they did, I would be just like that”

Then they start taking things and still struggle to deadlift 3 plates or bench 2 and don’t understand why. Or are surprised when they don’t look like CBum. Seen that a few times now over the years.
I'll never forget this dude who was at the 5am shift at my old gym like... 20 years ago. He had somehow singled me out as a grasshopper to share wisdom with. He explained to me he used to be "roided out" but his health is more important to him now, and he can always tell who the guys are on gear 'cause they're the ones only doing half reps on everything.

I saw that dude there for like 10 years on my occasional 5am shifts, and never once saw him lift a weight. 😅😅

I aint judging tho, there was like 5 of them that I could always count on being there. largely stay at home dads and whatnot, that was their social hour before going back to the grind. although it does give new meaning to "gym rat"

After the barbie doll stage. Do you go to blow up doll? Asking for a friend...
from the looks of things, 3.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that shyt aint every happened bro .. would be a dream .. i aint gonna be a gentleman and ask "okay to grab"

fck that gentleman shyt that they be puttin on tiktoks for views.
I hear you….back in the 80s and 90s there were a lot of serious lifters, but it was very common to hook up at the bigger gyms, like Gold’s, and a lot of the girls were checking guys out as much as we checked them out.
Now a days if you just tell a girl she’s hot, they might snap a picture and label you a creep on social media. Everyone is so easily offended…. We just looked at it like we were doing what came natural.😎

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I lift in the safe confines of my garage. Haven’t had a gym membership since 2004 at Worlds Gym

is it that bad out there?
The most recent outrage was a female personal trainer doing a deadlift in front of her camera and this poor guy just went over to grab dumbbells and she got angry at him for ruining her shot.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I lift in the safe confines of my garage. Haven’t had a gym membership since 2004 at Worlds Gym

is it that bad out there?
it varies, but I do believe that every gym seems to develop a particular culture, then attract a demographic that appeals to that culture. the Tacoma one I go to is pretty hard core for a big box chain gym, everyone in the weight room from the broccoli heads to the old men and women are lifting to the best of their ability. but the other location I go to is a complete shitshow. I won't knock people working out in jeans, but if that's all I see on a given day then it was a very calm day. however the yoga pants game is 🔥🔥