AMPK promoters like lipoic acid due to their potentially negative effect on protein -

bb333

Awards
  • Established
ALA, Berberine, Metformin, Resveratrol, AICAR & Co - Are AMPK Mimetics & Activators Good or Bad for Athletes? - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

"These detrimental effects could also occur in response to the chronic ingestion of AMPK promoters like lipoic acid due to their potentially negative effect on protein synthesis and glycogen repletion, as well as in response to the chronic use of potent anti-oxidants for which evidence exists that they impair the hormetic response to exercise and may thus be detrimental for athletes competing in both anaerobic and aerobic sports."

What do you think of this statement?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As most things, it seems to be debatable and very user specific. The article also goes on to say that taking these AMPK promoters in moderation is the key to avoiding negative side effects. I currently take SlinMax, but I average about 2 caps per day, maybe more when I have a "cheat meal" that is very heavy on the carbs.

I am interested to hear more opinions though as well..

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As most things, it seems to be debatable and very user specific. The article also goes on to say that taking these AMPK promoters in moderation is the key to avoiding negative side effects. I currently take SlinMax, but I average about 2 caps per day, maybe more when I have a "cheat meal" that is very heavy on the carbs.

I am interested to hear more opinions though as well..
I am interested in this, only because I've only ever noticed very little results taking GDAS.

I mainly used them for cheat meals, I think Anabolic Pump was the first time I took one 2-3 times a day and really felt like I upped my carbs and felt lean still and a great pump.

I was going to buy C&P Predator soon!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am interested in this, only because I've only ever noticed very little results taking GDAS.

I mainly used them for cheat meals, I think Anabolic Pump was the first time I took one 2-3 times a day and really felt like I upped my carbs and felt lean still and a great pump.

I was going to buy C&P Predator soon!
Hi!

Yeah, I am very new to GDA's, yet I have tried Slintensity, Assass1nate, and most recently, SlinMax. While I think they are all nice products, I was expecting more out of GDA's after reading about people's experiences. Most of the time, I don't particularly notice any profound difference...even at full doses. The thing I like about Assass1nate though is that it is not supposed to be as potentially detrimental to anabolic response and protein synthesis as some of the ingredients found in the more traditional GDA products.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi!

Yeah, I am very new to GDA's, yet I have tried Slintensity, Assass1nate, and most recently, SlinMax. While I think they are all nice products, I was expecting more out of GDA's after reading about people's experiences. Most of the time, I don't particularly notice any profound difference...even at full doses. The thing I like about Assass1nate though is that it is not supposed to be as potentially detrimental to anabolic response and protein synthesis as some of the ingredients found in the more traditional GDA products.
Yeah, and I'm sure that's what a rep mentioned as-well.

I think GDA products really shine for people who are on strict diets, and for the most part allow those extra 300-400 calories in carbs. My interest is I want to up my carbs and keep fats lower as it seems to work better for me at the moment.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, and I'm sure that's what a rep mentioned as-well.

I think GDA products really shine for people who are on strict diets, and for the most part allow those extra 300-400 calories in carbs. My interest is I want to up my carbs and keep fats lower as it seems to work better for me at the moment.
Perfect! we are the same!
I also think that on me, a low fat diet, and high carbohydrates, is the best thing.
I'm just using na-r-ala, and I'm fine.
500gr of carbohydrates per day, 10gr of fat.
In short I would like to try AP of the USP labs.
1 time per week, low carb, high fat.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perfect! we are the same!
I also think that on me, a low fat diet, and high carbohydrates, is the best thing.
I'm just using na-r-ala, and I'm fine.
500gr of carbohydrates per day, 10gr of fat.
In short I would like to try AP of the USP labs.
1 time per week, low carb, high fat.
Apparently AP is discontinued? :/

500g is ?

I'd find it difficult to keep fats under 10g p/d tho!

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Apparently AP is discontinued? :/

500g is 

I'd find it difficult to keep fats under 10g p/d tho!
AP still in some site is located!

Yeah, 500gr of carbohydrates, 10gr of fat.
I see a good body recomposition ... so I do not get dirty so much ...
I will have improved a good insulin sensitivity.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
How is it even possible to keep fat intake at 10g per day? You only eat rice and pasta?
0,5g-1g fat/bodyweight sounds more balanced.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
How is it even possible to keep fat intake at 10g per day? You only eat rice and pasta?
0,5g-1g fat/bodyweight sounds more balanced.
it's possible! in other days I get to 50 gr of fat, days not workout, in others still over 50gr with low carbohydrates. In short, some lipid recharge does not break ...

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it's coming back
Nice...I think USPlabs is due for a comeback...you guys used to have some AWESOME stuff!

The product quality is still certainly there with your protein and BCAA etc...but it's time for a little adventure again!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice...I think USPlabs is due for a comeback...you guys used to have some AWESOME stuff!

The product quality is still certainly there with your protein and BCAA etc...but it's time for a little adventure again!
I loved their banana protein!