American EFX Karbolyn?

D

dbenj7

Awards
Anyone have any experience with this or similar products? Is it really as good as they claim? I'm looking for a carb product which I can mix with my BCAAS before soccer and on weight training days if I don't have time to eat preworkout. Not sure if all this "slow and fast release blah blah blah" is accurate or crap. It has pretty good reviews. Or can anyone recommend a decent carb product better than dextrose or malto? My pre soccer home made cocktail is 1 scoop bcaa, 6g Cit malate, 3g Beta-alanine, 500mg agmatine, 1g Taurine, 2 caps Athlytes ATP, half teaspoon of himalayan salt. Need some sort of carb product to add though. Any other suggestions to add or tweak to this formula would be great too.

Thanks guys

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Karbolyn is a pretty good carb blend actually.

I know Vitargo is very popular with endurance athletes as well.

D

dbenj7

Awards
Thanks for that. I see MST make infinit-e as well. I might try Karbolyn to start with, I'm just unsure how their claims of fast and slow release carbs go

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for that. I see MST make infinit-e as well. I might try Karbolyn to start with, I'm just unsure how their claims of fast and slow release carbs go
If I remember correctly it's a blend of corn, rice and potato starches....should have the bases covered.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using it post training along with BCAAs for months. It's the only carb powder I endorse using.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For what reason? Just curious
I generally eat minimal carbs prior to training as they tend to make me lethargic. I use it to kickstart the glycogen replenishment process.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I generally eat minimal carbs prior to training as they tend to make me lethargic. I use it to kickstart the glycogen replenishment process.
There's not much information about the homoglycan (homopolysaccharide)

Seems to be structurally similar to glycogen. But not 100% sure

No list of molecular weight, or effects on amino acid absorption just on mineral and water absorption

I'd opt or carbonx over that

Or carbion/dark matter. Overall it would be a much better option IMO

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

No list of molecular weight, or effects on amino acid absorption just on mineral and water absorption

Why?

D

dbenj7

Awards

Carbonx? What would you recommend as the best product for me?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Molecular weight, clearance from blood stream, increase glycogen retention and vascularity. More researched

Molecular weights play a role in how long water is drawn into the cell

Carbion will pull water into the cell and increase clearance for about 2-5 hours.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone have any experience with this or similar products? Is it really as good as they claim? I'm looking for a carb product which I can mix with my BCAAS before soccer and on weight training days if I don't have time to eat preworkout. Not sure if all this "slow and fast release blah blah blah" is accurate or crap. It has pretty good reviews. Or can anyone recommend a decent carb product better than dextrose or malto? My pre soccer home made cocktail is 1 scoop bcaa, 6g Cit malate, 3g Beta-alanine, 500mg agmatine, 1g Taurine, 2 caps Athlytes ATP, half teaspoon of himalayan salt. Need some sort of carb product to add though. Any other suggestions to add or tweak to this formula would be great too.

Thanks guys
I'd go carbonx since its light and not viscous. Optimal pre/intra.

Post would be a more viscous dextrin/hydroxypropyl starch/high amylopectin content carbohydrate

D

dbenj7

Awards
I'd go carbonx since its light and not viscous. Optimal pre/intra.

Post would be a more viscous dextrin/hydroxypropyl starch/high amylopectin content carbohydrate
Will definitely look into it. What do you think of MST Infinit-e?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Molecular weight, clearance from blood stream, increase glycogen retention and vascularity. More researched Molecular weights play a role in how long water is drawn into the cell Carbion will pull water into the cell and increase clearance for about 2-5 hours.
I'm aware of the role of MW in digestion rates and water storage. I've tried Carbonx and hated it. Tasted bad, poor price, and sat heavier in my stomach. Karbolyn has always treated me nicely and I can tell a difference in glycogen storage within a few uses.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will definitely look into it. What do you think of MST Infinit-e?
Mst makes excellent products

I'm not a fan of palantinose or trehulose

Too much can bother your stomach >50g. 30g in my case

It causes very little insulin release and is long digested which is good for endurance

I'd say try it, I know because I used endurapro by CTD with palantinose (isomaltulose)

It's actually good for those on ketogenic diets due to the very very very low insulin release over long times

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm aware of the role of MW in digestion rates and water storage. I've tried Carbonx and hated it. Tasted bad, poor price, and sat heavier in my stomach. Karbolyn has always treated me nicely and I can tell a difference in glycogen storage within a few uses.
Carbonx is a good choice due to effects on thermogenesis. It's good as insaid due to consistency. I haven't had stomach issues from that.

Taste your right, not great but I add about 5 different powders and aminos into it.

I feel the glycogen storage from carbion/dark matter are superior to carbonx. But consistency of it makes it's IMO a better choice pre/intra

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carbonx is a good choice due to effects on thermogenesis. It's good as insaid due to consistency. I haven't had stomach issues from that. Taste your right, not great but I add about 5 different powders and aminos into it. I feel the glycogen storage from carbion/dark matter are superior to carbonx. But consistency of it makes it's IMO a better choice pre/intra
I use it post not intra. The price point for Karbolyn is also much better for me compared to the other carb powders you suggested. I can get the 2kg for less than $40.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use it post not intra. The price point for Karbolyn is also much better for me compared to the other carb powders you suggested. I can get the 2kg for less than $40.
That is a good price point.

You can find hydroxypropyl starch for like 10/kilo I believe. Better for amino acid absorption than the distarch.

I may give karbolyn a go again.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In actually liked shockwave by sci fit. I went through 5 tubs of it BC I got it so cheap at the Arnold one year