AM Travel/Meetup Thread

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Plano is one of my favorite cities in Texas.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll be in Raleigh area next week if anyone is around

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like I'll be in San Francisco from Nov. 14-18 for a conference.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Does everyone hate VA lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How many of us can we really fit in one v-gina?

This sounds like a very questionable undertaking.
According to TheMovement everyone can ha

VA is quite the whore

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Heading to pittsburgh this saturday (getting in at midnight) and will be in town for the whole week of thanksgiving if anyone is around

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (NYC). Spend most of my time between here and Toronto, Canada, sometimes Montreal. Every winter I spend time up in Vermont though (avid snowboarder).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention, I've got a bunch of friends in LA (Hollywood Hills) and Denver too, so I go there maybe once a year.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boone, you never come my way!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty awesome, but there's no way I could pay rent here lol.
Yes! My friend rents a 2 bedroom apt with his buddy for $3500 a month. He told me that people were fighting over that apartment, and some people already had 6 months worth of rent to put down.

ForumUser

Awards
Yes! My friend rents a 2 bedroom apt with his buddy for $3500 a month. He told me that people were fighting over that apartment, and some people already had 6 months worth of rent to put down.
Sounds like me and my roommate over here in NYC. We only had to put down 5 months though.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like me and my roommate over here in NYC. We only had to put down 5 months though.
That's insane. There's tons of colleges in and around SF so students and parents are ready to pay whatever.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Boone, you never come my way!
trust me its not by choice ha.... i'd be out that way far more if I could. trying to get some projects in the cali region someday

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm in NYC now as well and it's crazy. I know of people who put down 12months rent just to get a good place (rich parents), but this is what it's like now.

I only had to put down 3 months, but I've stayed put in my building for 8 yrs now, moving here is no fun!!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (NYC). Spend most of my time between here and Toronto, Canada, sometimes Montreal. Every winter I spend time up in Vermont though (avid snowboarder).
That's my neighborhood. Williamsburg ?

ForumUser

Awards
I'm in NYC now as well and it's crazy. I know of people who put down 12months rent just to get a good place (rich parents), but this is what it's like now.

I only had to put down 3 months, but I've stayed put in my building for 8 yrs now, moving here is no fun!!
It's ridiculous how well off some people are in this city (guess I should have expected it) to just put down money like that. I'm going to have to leave the city but I might come back once I'm able to afford living in Manhattan without a roommate.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's ridiculous how well off some people are in this city (guess I should have expected it) to just put down money like that. I'm going to have to leave the city but I might come back once I'm able to afford living in Manhattan without a roommate.
I couldn't stand living in Manhattan tbh, I prefer Brooklyn. More space, less crowds, less touristy stuff. I couldn't stand living around masses of tourists everyday. Have you checked out places in BK? I mean, the rent is almost no better than the city here though..

ForumUser

Awards
I couldn't stand living in Manhattan tbh, I prefer Brooklyn. More space, less crowds, less touristy stuff. I couldn't stand living around masses of tourists everyday. Have you checked out places in BK? I mean, the rent is almost no better than the city here though..
I originally looked at Brooklyn but I'd rather not have to commute any longer than I have to. Although I haven't really been out and about in Brooklyn, you're definitely right about the crowds. It's my least favorite thing here. I'm not leaving due to money, but since I'm leaving regardless, I just rather not have a roommate if/when I come back.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I originally looked at Brooklyn but I'd rather not have to commute any longer than I have to. Although I haven't really been out and about in Brooklyn, you're definitely right about the crowds. It's my least favorite thing here. I'm not leaving due to money, but since I'm leaving regardless, I just rather not have a roommate if/when I come back.
Understandable. FWIW, I work downtown Manhattan and my commute is only 30min from here door to door. There are also trains that take me to Union Square in 20min from my place. There's some real convenient spots here!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in east/south Williamsburg. I've lived in this neighborhood for a good 8 years now and love it here!
Oh south side? South what? The north side is beautiful. Me and my wife want to move there (currently In queens renting a house) but the rent is NUTS! A studio goes for 3k and I need a 3br and that's about 5k per month. Stupid as hell to pay that. But the sh!t is dope. Lol.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh south side? South what? The north side is beautiful. Me and my wife want to move there (currently In queens renting a house) but the rent is NUTS! A studio goes for 3k and I need a 3br and that's about 5k per month. Stupid as hell to pay that. But the sh!t is dope. Lol.
Wth?!? That's tripled my mortgage in California!!!!!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's NYC for ya smh.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I'm real close to Montrose & Lorimer. The northside is great, but it's almost completely consisting of dr's, lawyers and trust fund kids now, not that it's bad to be a doctor or lawyer, but it's completely changed the culture of the area.

I'm an arts/creative type, and I like my culture lol.. The southside and Bushwick still have some!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, and people say California was expensive!
I read that a 2BR was around $3,500+ in Downtown SF. Renting seems much higher in CA and NY than other places.

Nashville is cheap compared to those for now. Rent and property values are going up though :(

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Utah is beautiful, and cost of living is extremely affordable. I'd move there in a second if circumstances were different.
Me, too! It's like serenity there!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I read that a 2BR was around $3,500+ in Downtown SF. Renting seems much higher in CA and NY than other places.

Nashville is cheap compared to those for now. Rent and property values are going up though :(
How do you like Nashville? I have though about coming uo there to meet a friend!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you like Nashville? I have though about coming uo there to meet a friend!!
Love it! It's much better than Memphis, IMO. That's where I grew up.

It's definitely a boom town right now, and the property values are skyrocketing. That's both good and bad, LOL.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll be in Pittsburgh starting this weekend and through the 27th.

Atlanta for a couple weeks after Xmas if anyone is passing through

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be in Pittsburgh starting this weekend and through the 27th.

Atlanta for a couple weeks after Xmas if anyone is passing through
Hitting up a pens or The Broncos game?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks like I'll be in Atlanta for te next few weeks. Totally off work til after New Years too so if anyone else is in town

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hitting up a pens or The Broncos game?
Ended up getting free tix to the pens-jackets game! Awesome to see them win one ha

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cbr1000rr 35 and Older 5
Anabolics 24
jtmass Anabolics 13
Anabolics 6
p1nchharmonic Anabolics 19