Am i pinning correctly? 21G ventrigluteal pin with no pain at all.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Hello fellow am folks. I pinned my self for the first time today and im wondering if i did it right. I pinned 1ml test e @250mg/ml (i will be pinning Mon-Thurs for 500mg/wk).
I used a pico-solution sterilised 21 gauge needle for im injections. I used z track technique on the ventrigluteal portion of my glute.
I pushed the needle in around 3/4 of the needle, maybe more, and started squeezing slowly. The thing is i didn't feel any pain apart from the needle breaking my skin. While the needle was in and i was pumping the test i felt no pain at all. Like nothing was there. I could slightly feel the liquid but it could be my mind. No discomfort or anything. Should i go deeper or is it normal?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello fellow am folks. I pinned my self for the first time today and im wondering if i did it right. I pinned 1ml test e @250mg/ml (i will be pinning Mon-Thurs for 500mg/wk).
I used a pico-solution sterilised 21 gauge needle for im injections. I used z track technique on the ventrigluteal portion of my glute.
I pushed the needle in around 3/4 of the needle, maybe more, and started squeezing slowly. The thing is i didn't feel any pain apart from the needle breaking my skin. While the needle was in and i was pumping the test i felt no pain at all. Like nothing was there. I could slightly feel the liquid but it could be my mind. No discomfort or anything. Should i go deeper or is it normal?
No pain????
You're doing something wrong.

LOL.
JK!

Sounds like you did a good job.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
No pain????
You're doing something wrong.

LOL.
JK!

Sounds like you did a good job.
Thanks a lot man!
I was really stressed i did something wrong and wasted precious test.
Also no oil leaks or anything. Just a tiny lump, like a tiny mosquito bite where the needle exited (this also used to happen with me whenever i was vaccinated, so its normal for me). No soreness, pain, itching at all.
Thanks a lot again, can't imagine how relieved i am right now!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks a lot man!
I was really stressed i did something wrong and wasted precious test.
Also no oil leaks or anything. Just a tiny lump, like a tiny mosquito bite where the needle exited (this also used to happen with me whenever i was vaccinated, so its normal for me). No soreness, pain, itching at all.
Thanks a lot again, can't imagine how relieved i am right now!
Glad it went well for you.

I have experienced almost no pain with glute pins.
I used to occassionally get a little soreness from quads, but when I pin now, I do glutes.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Might not be sore till tomorrow, or maybe not at all. Sounds like a good job though

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Woof.

Dude, use a 25g or 26g 1.5” if you can find it, and you need to push it pretty much all the way into the ventrogluteal muscle belly.

21g are for drawing up.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You didn’t waste anything, but you sure can do less damage with a smaller needle. As far as depth, I’m not so sure you made it into the muscle but that’s ok.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Woof.

Dude, use a 25g or 26g 1.5” if you can find it, and you need to push it pretty much all the way into the ventrogluteal muscle belly.

21g are for drawing up.
I was planning on buying 25g needles tomorrow anyway, but that's what i had on hand around the house for now, so i went with it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, OW is absolutely correct.
You are good, and there shouldn't be any negative effects at all.
But he's right.
Smaller needle.

Don't stress over this dude.
You're good.
:)

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, OW is absolutely correct.
You are good, and there shouldn't be any negative effects at all.
But he's right.
Smaller needle.

Don't stress over this dude.
You're good.
:)
Great! Thanks a lot all of you guys! Im really glad that everything's ok! I took a hot shower a few minutes after the injection and also massaged the area, i think that contributed to the lack of soreness or post injection discomfort

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Take the shower first next time.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally wouldnt bother z-tracking, esp inj ventro. You can go deep there, hold the needle for 30secs or whatever after draining the plunger...you should get no leaking.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally wouldnt bother z-tracking, esp inj ventro. You can go deep there, hold the needle for 30secs or whatever after draining the plunger...you should get no leaking.
Well, that’s if you like having it in you for 30 more seconds.. once I learned z track I’ve never done it any other way. Just added insurance.

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap 21g!!!!! Screw they. May have permanent scar lol

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Woof.

21g are for drawing up.
I used to use 18g when I was running my BPC because I had them at the time, you get used to it over time. I switched to 24s (I think) after that. My worry was always snapping the damn thing off inside me if I used a skinny one.

Needleless to say, if you had to go with one size to draw and pin I’d go with a 22-24.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to use 18g when I was running my BPC because I had them at the time, you get used to it over time. I switched to 24s (I think) after that. My worry was always snapping the damn thing off inside me if I used a skinny one.

Needleless to say, if you had to go with one size to draw and pin I’d go with a 22-24.
I used to be a piercer and what you just said is pure insanity. Your poor leg... how many earrings does it have now?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Incidentally I just pinned my first IM test in about a decade. 25g 1.5”. Didn’t feel anything. I was a bit nervous with kids screaming and flying all over the place not listening to anyone so I’m sure I jerked it a bit on the way out. Cause I felt that a little.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
A little heads up. I just woke up, and there's no lumps or anything on the injection site, just a bit of soreness.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A little heads up. I just woke up, and there's no lumps or anything on the injection site, just a bit of soreness.
That’s good. Soreness is to be expected with such a large needle. No lumps means no infection.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used to be a piercer and what you just said is pure insanity. Your poor leg... how many earrings does it have now?
It’s looking like Swiss cheese, I thought that was normal. Yours don’t look like that.....?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

You might get use to using them but your also gonna have to get use to all the scar tissue thats gonna accumulate over the years

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You might get use to using them but your also gonna have to get use to all the scar tissue thats gonna accumulate over the years
Oh no doubt, didn’t know about that till after I got them. Made the switch after I used em all up. Wouldn’t recommend doing it. Especially on a shoulder that had surgery a week prior. That one hurt.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Guys is midday now, the pain has gotten worse (as it'd be normal with 21g). I have no lumps or any type of oedema, but it hurts quite a bit when i sit. What can i do to alleviate the pain? Hot shower and massaging the injection site, any NSAIDs like ibuprofen?

Edit: just got home and its not swollen, but the muscle hard around and on the injection site

Dib702

Awards
Like other's have said what you are experiencing is typical after effects from using a pin of that size, you'll be fine with some Advil, Motrin ect just next time go for the 23-25 guage pins. When I use to get my TRT shots early on, they'd pin me and it'd hurt like hell finally i said F this give me that needle and did it myself with no pain, it's 50% technique 50% pin size, just chalk this up to is you used a pretty large pin size this time, but long story short aside from a few days of soreness especially when sitting you will be A OK bro.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
Like other's have said what you are experiencing is typical after effects from using a pin of that size, you'll be fine with some Advil, Motrin ect just next time go for the 23-25 guage pins. When I use to get my TRT shots early on, they'd pin me and it'd hurt like hell finally i said F this give me that needle and did it myself with no pain, it's 50% technique 50% pin size, just chalk this up to is you used a pretty large pin size this time, but long story short aside from a few days of soreness especially when sitting you will be A OK bro.
Thanks a lot for the help bro! I was worried for infection but it's not swollen, hot or anything, and i wiped both the vial's rubber stopper and the injection site with alcohol before use.
I bought 25G needles today, so monday is going to be better

Dib702

Awards
Thanks a lot for the help bro! I was worried for infection but it's not swollen, hot or anything, and i wiped both the vial's rubber stopper and the injection site with alcohol before use.
I bought 25G needles today, so monday is going to be better
No problem, you did all the right steps so no worries there. The 25G's will be night and day better come next injection time.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
No problem, you did all the right steps so no worries there. The 25G's will be night and day better come next injection time.
Great. Now im really looking forward to my next pin, haha.
What surprised me the most is that apart from a minor sting when the needle broke the skin, i did not feel pain or could not feel the needle at all

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did you pin the glute or ventroglute? I've never pinned my rear (not flexible enough) I do vg's (basically the small muscle across the hips) with zero pain. Delts too. I tried quads but that hurts like a mother the next day!!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think I hit the wrong muscle. I can’t move my leg and boy does it really hurt. Swollen a bit, not red, not hot. Not infected. I think it was that jerk at the end... whoops. Work is gonna suck.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pretty sure I hit a hip flexor hahahaha

Dib702

Awards
Great. Now im really looking forward to my next pin, haha.
What surprised me the most is that apart from a minor sting when the needle broke the skin, i did not feel pain or could not feel the needle at all
Yeah it gets easier and less painful the more you do it, just be sure to rotate sides or injections sites, you can go either glute , either quad, or either medial delt.

Dib702

Awards
Did you pin the glute or ventroglute? I've never pinned my rear (not flexible enough) I do vg's (basically the small muscle across the hips) with zero pain. Delts too. I tried quads but that hurts like a mother the next day!!
I agree if i dont do glutes, i use delts, and they work just as good and dont really hurt, the quads at the time you do it not too bad, but the next day holy **** does it hurt.

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I agree if i dont do glutes, i use delts, and they work just as good and dont really hurt, the quads at the time you do it not too bad, but the next day holy **** does it hurt.
Im going to stick with glutes and i might try delts

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I Did VG but I hit it too far forward I guess, hit the hip flexor pretty sure. God it hurts a lot more than it should. Lol